Matthijs de Ligt

Devils

It's good we will miss out on him.

He's 18 and his agent is Raiola, which means unless he goes to an oil club, his next destination will be short-term one before Raiola goes in for the big payday.

George_Costanza

Probably he was ill adviced. If he is looking to move one day to Barcelona or even Real he should have not signed with Raiola. He will end up in United or PSG.

Last edited:

Messi983

It's good we will miss out on him.

He's 18 and his agent is Raiola, which means unless he goes to an oil club, his next destination will be short-term one before Raiola goes in for the big payday.

Well, it looks like he's going to an oil club.

Porque

He is great. But Raiola is poison. I thought Raiola hated Pep though and vice-versa.

If we miss out then in 2 years there will be the next big defensive thing and so on. I trust our scouting in this department.

BarçaBarça

Why would players want Raiola, seriously?

He limits their possibilities of future clubs - and at a young age it is really sad if you are so focussed on money that the paycheck your agent secures you is the most important thing.

Givenchy

Why would players want Raiola, seriously?

He limits their possibilities of future clubs - and at a young age it is really sad if you are so focussed on money that the paycheck your agent secures you is the most important thing.

Raiola, while a scumbag, often gets his clients good deals. hes got United by the balls with Pogba and possibly Lukaku, i could see de Ligt going there if its a PL team

ebieymjunior

He'd be the best CB we could get. I rate him higher than Lenglet for Barcelona, just because he's a right CB.
I'd say get de Ligt, keep Vermaelen and send Mina on loan for at least 2 seasons. Integrate Cuenca little by little to replace Vermaelen.
When Pique retires/goes to China/Japan/UAE/USA, de Ligt would have already established his partnership with Umtiti, and we could see if one of Mina and Marlon (I suspect he would) are good enough. Bring him back and sell the other.

Givenchy

He'd be the best CB we could get. I rate him higher than Lenglet for Barcelona, just because he's a right CB.
I'd say get de Ligt, keep Vermaelen and send Mina on loan for at least 2 seasons. Integrate Cuenca little by little to replace Vermaelen.
When Pique retires/goes to China/Japan/UAE/USA, de Ligt would have already established his partnership with Umtiti, and we could see if one of Mina and Marlon (I suspect he would) are good enough. Bring him back and sell the other.

Raiola

same reason we should stay clear of Pogba aswell, horrible horrible agent. de Ligt could end up at United if Alderweireld is too pricey, Raiola already got in bed with them

ebieymjunior

Raiola

same reason we should stay clear of Pogba aswell, horrible horrible agent. de Ligt could end up at United if Alderweireld is too pricey, Raiola already got in bed with them

:( :(

By the way, I thought I read that he's represented by his father, but for transfers and so, he did talk to Raiola (for advice), so we still have a glimmer of hope? :p

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Raiola

Raiola is not his agent. His actual agent sought the opinion of Raiola when it came to transfers. Might have asked him for some contacts or something like that.

Home of Barca Fans