Matthijs de Ligt

abbbs97

He'll end up here eventually if the only obstacle is his wages.
Get him here and if he performs well enough, which he will, make him a starter over Pique. We need to be ruthless in that sense. Of course I'm assuming that EV wont be here next year.

abbbs97

Not worried at all about this signing. He wants Barca, we want him. Theres a deal in place, we're just negotiating his wages in which Raiola made it a bit harder. I think it'll be official sometime after the Copa.
People worried about Liverpool when they wont spend another 80m+ on a defender plus they already have a young CB in place. And there are no reliable sources that has reported in Lpool's interest whatsoever. City could go for him but it'll be Barca at the end.

Givenchy

Ajax just signed a Argentine CB Lisandro Martínez. maybe a deal is close for De Ligt to Barca?

i think the only competition we'll have is City now, Liverpool links seem to be dying down. Pep would be a big pull but hes no Valverde :valverde2:

soul24rage

Ajax just signed a Argentine CB Lisandro Martínez. maybe a deal is close for De Ligt to Barca?

i think the only competition we'll have is City now, Liverpool links seem to be dying down. Pep would be a big pull but hes no Valverde :valverde2:

L. Martinez is more like a Daley Blind type of player. Versatile who can play in DM, CB, and LB. He's only 178 cm and left footed so he's more likely to be a De Jong replacement rather than a De Ligt imo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Meanwhile ESPN says we are losing hope in signing De Ligt, but with apparently no new information other than that we could not reach a deal with De Ligt and that Juventus, Bayern and PSG have rekindled their pursuit of him. A flavor of the week apparently.

I can totally see PSG and Juventus throwing that kind of money at him and Raiola but Bayern? Is Bayern going to pay more than what we pay him, plus the outrageous commission to Raiola, really?

Andrew M

Meanwhile ESPN says we are losing hope in signing De Ligt, but with apparently no new information other than that we could not reach a deal with De Ligt and that Juventus, Bayern and PSG have rekindled their pursuit of him. A flavor of the week apparently.

I can totally see PSG and Juventus throwing that kind of money at him and Raiola but Bayern? Is Bayern going to pay more than what we pay him, plus the outrageous commission to Raiola, really?

Bayern have already invested heavily in defence so I would imagine they will use the rest of their budget elsewhere.

Zidane82

Not looking as optimistic as we were led to believe as regards De Ligt :(

Sources close to the negotiations said that the "optimism" which Barca maintained a few weeks ago has decreased due to the renewed interest of some of Europe's biggest clubs and the excessive demands from De Ligt and his agent, Mino Raiola.
We can't move any more on what we've offered," a Barcelona source told ESPN FC. "One of the things that could benefit us is the player's desire to come here, but we will see if that really is what he wants in the end."

cris29

Agent fees are fucking ridiculous in this sport. Some of these guys want £10million just because they spent a few days discussing terms. I am surprised hard regulation hasn't come into place that limits this stuff.

Home of Barca Fans