Matthijs de Ligt

Porque

Should we really need him? I love to watch him play. I also like Dutch players but why don't we try Todibo?

To be fair Todibo and de Ligt are complimentary. Wouldn't it be great to get de Ligt while loaning Todibo to get a whole season or 2 under his belt, and Todibo ending up the real deal.

abbbs97

We do need de Ligt. We will not have a proper back up for Pique next season. We all know that Pique has his ups and downs throughout the season, remember the beginning of this season when he was shit? and what happens if he gets injured? We cant rely on Todibo who hasnt really shown anything except against lower placed La Liga teams.

De Ligt will be one of the best CBs, and we should do whatever we can to get him. I also think he should be a starter over Pique as soon as he starts to show how good he really is, and he will.

Riordon

Our offer is fine for him, he is just 19 years old. Our wage structure is completely off so we need to start to rebalance it. The cules who now says “give him what he wants” is the same cules who complain when Forbes analysis of our wage structure comes out and its way way above the other teams.

Pique, Todibo, Lenglet and Umtiti is a world class CB-pool and I wouldn’t change it for any other team. In the i hope De lift is smart enough to not waste his careeer at United for some millions extra

Last edited:

Givenchy

Our offer is fine for him, he is just 19 years old. Our wage structure is completely off so we need to start to rebalance it. The cules who now says “give him what he wants” is the same cules who complain when Forbes analysis of our wage structure comes out and its way way above the other teams.

Pique, Todibo, Lenglet and Umtiti is a world class CB-pool and I wouldn’t change it for any other team. In the i hope De lift is smart enough to not waste his careeer at United for some millions extra

we will end up buying De Ligt from United 2-3 years time when he gets fed up of finishing 6th for 100mil+, its important to sign him now as maybe the wages are big but we get a fair transfer price. I don't believe the 12mil+ per year stuff. Umtiti might be world class but theres huge doubts if he'll ever be the same player again

Riordon

Yes but what will all the other players ask for when a 19 year old kid gonna earn 16m a year? What about future players? We should draw a line.

10m a year is absolutely fine for a 19 year old, he can ask for 16m next contract when he will be just 21-22.

Givenchy

Yes but what will all the other players ask for when a 19 year old kid gonna earn 16m a year? What about future players? We should draw a line.

10m a year is absolutely fine for a 19 year old, he can ask for 16m next contract when he will be just 21-22.

16mil? it was rumoured to be 12mil they were offering (although the source isn't reliable as its sport)

regardless, we have drawn the line, its basically; join Barca, play with the GOAT, Frenkie and CL football or chase the money and enjoy thursday night football. we shall see

xXKonan

Even if United are offering more money, I don't think it's even worth it.

United under Ferguson it would be worth it but United since 2013 has been a mess with hardly any real direction. I can't really see that changing under Ole.

Sterlingfan2000

No way United are offereing 14M per season, no club is that dumb to pay a 19 years old that kind of money. United have learned their lesson with Sanchez. It's probably Riola bullshit to get higher wages

Andrew M

No way United are offereing 14M per season, no club is that dumb to pay a 19 years old that kind of money. United have learned their lesson with Sanchez. It's probably Riola bullshit to get higher wages

It probably not 14 ME but it will be high and Alexis was a washed up player while de Ligt is at the beginning of his career

FC433

From what I have heard he wants 10m net salary which is about 20m before tax. That is double what FDJ is going to earn 5m net 10m before tax. I also believe that is what Rabiot wanted too.

I think O. Dembele is earning that much 20m before and 10m net.

Last edited:

Messigician

F**** off no player with ambition wants to fight for 6th place at United.

Why the f**k should we bend over backwards for him? We are FC Barcelona if players would rather be mercenaries and extort us they can join the dead end clubs and ruin their careers no problem.

He is not the only centre back around, Upamecano is faster and just as technical. Go for him and let pretty boy De Ligt get whor** out by Raiola to United

VN10

Guys, calm down. lol.

Don't believe anything what you read at the moment, because:
> Raiola is trying to push up the financials for his client with (fake) info.
> Newspapers earn money mostly through clicks these days, so the amount of fake news is insane.
> Barca will use their media-contracts and try to influence the deal with 'fake' or exaggerated info.

Don't worry, there isn't many players as grounded and level headed as De Ligt. He's a fair dude.

And if you were a player, and Raiola would want to represent you, you'd let yourself be represented by him as well.
We don't like him, but he is objectively one of the best representatives around. Ask any of his clients.

Messigician

Guys, calm down. lol.

Don't believe anything what you read at the moment, because:
> Raiola is trying to push up the financials for his client with (fake) info.
> Newspapers earn money mostly through clicks these days, so the amount of fake news is insane.
> Barca will use their media-contracts and try to influence the deal with 'fake' or exaggerated info.

Don't worry, there isn't many players as grounded and level headed as De Ligt. He's a fair dude.

And if you were a player, and Raiola would want to represent you, you'd let yourself be represented by him as well.
We don't like him, but he is objectively one of the best representatives around. Ask any of his clients.

Yeah what about his clients? Zlatan failed to win UCL, Pogba is rotting away at United, Mkhi is at the end of his career playing for Arsenal. Which one of his clients became a rotating success career wise?

BarçaBarça

Yeah what about his clients? Zlatan failed to win UCL, Pogba is rotting away at United, Mkhi is at the end of his career playing for Arsenal. Which one of his clients became a rotating success career wise?

Verratti - he only wants Ligue 1-titles and lots of money - Raiola gives him that by extending his contract every 2nd year with massive bids/rumours from other clubs.
Donnarumma - he extends with Milan instead of going somewhere at the risk of not playing + getting truckloads of money for his extension as the club became desperate.
Matuidi - switched to Juve to get a better chance at CL + secured playing time.
Justin Kluivert - took a step to a way stronger league, with better chance of playing-time than with PL/La Liga clubs for example.

That said, he is a fat rat, and I hate that any player wants to be represented by him.

Home of Barca Fans