Page 285 of 296 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4431

Thread: Matthijs de Ligt

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Liverpool won with an even weaker midfield.
    Liverpool’s midfield pizzed over ours last season . Rakitic wouldn’t make their feking squad !!

Fabinho, Keita , Wijnaldum plus four England players Lallana Henderson , Milner , AlexOx Chamberlain ..

Don’t even get me started on their front three..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane82 View Post
    Liverpool’s midfield pizzed over ours last season . Rakitic wouldn’t make their feking squad !!

Fabinho, Keita , Wijnaldum plus four England players Lallana Henderson , Milner , AlexOx Chamberlain ..

Don’t even get me started on their front three..
    Yeah, that midfield is full of mediocre overachievers. Klopp and the system they play in makes them look like world beaters.
    Front three is better, on par with what other elite teams have. Although even here it could be argued they lack a certain glamour, an undisputed worldclass finisher. But since they gelled so well together it doesn't matter.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    No.
    It is because Juve is ambitious. They took CR7, they got better deals with Adidas and other sponsors. Now, with this money, they want to make a push for CL while the portuguese is still physically strong.

They also profit from the new tax laws which will allow italian clubs to be very competitive on salary.

The objective of Juventus is not to sell him. But if they have to, they know they'll prolly get back their investment and some more.
    All true except longterm my earlier point remains relevant, a starting point like this leaves the player nowhere to go without major drama in terms of his career path. To leave, he'd not only have to have a buying club pay more than the fee Juve pay but better an already unmatchable level of wages. Buyout of 150M won't be the hurdle since it's no guarantee anyone would pay that much for a defender but who would pay those wages, even in a few seasons? He's terrific but he his options would be limited to very few clubs and the wage structure of any of these same clubs is unlikely to accommodate that sort of imbalance to the squad. Player would have to take a massive wage cut. It's such an unlikely scenario, I struggle to comprehend how it can play out other than staying at Juventus. But even Juventus, there's no way they will continue to maintain an imbalanced squad like that longterm - I don't see that either

I also suspect Raiola will assure the player he will get his desires fulfilled the next time he ponders a club transfer since he gets him a great deal now and I'm not sure why the player would doubt him

It does, at worst, shift the balance of football...again. Because now, coupled with the wage bill Barcelona look to be considering it blows the game wide open. Crazy has returned
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah, that midfield is full of mediocre overachievers. Klopp and the system they play in makes them look like world beaters.
    Front three is better, on par with what other elite teams have. Although even here it could be argued they lack a certain glamour, an undisputed worldclass finisher. But since they gelled so well together it doesn't matter.
    Fabinho would be a massive upgrade on Rakitic ana would compliment FDJ and Arthur

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane82 View Post
    Fabinho would be a massive upgrade on Rakitic ana would compliment FDJ and Arthur
    So only one player vs a washed up Rakitic? Fabinho isn't even starting for Brazil. Rakitic, for all the shit he rightfully gets, was a standout performer for a Croatia squad that played a WC final.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So only one player vs a washed up Rakitic? Fabinho isn't even starting for Brazil. Rakitic, for all the shit he rightfully gets, was a standout performer for a Croatia squad that played a WC final.
    Fabinho will be THE holding midfielder soon .. I have no doubts.

His improvements over the last season were staggering.
    Fernandinho is about 37 isn’t he so he’s as good as done internationally

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and any one of those Liverpool midfielders would have been more effective than Rakitic

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sources say he is not coming.Barro has known for a while we do not want his wages to exceed De Jong as doing so sets a bad precedent.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    My sources say he is not coming.Barro has known for a while we do not want his wages to exceed De Jong as doing so sets a bad precedent.
    That's a nice source, he gave you 10 week old info.

Mom doesn't count.

In Lucho we trust!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sources....

"Impavido Pectore"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abbbs97 View Post
    cause they have Klopp. Sarri is good, but he isnt as good as Klopp is.
    Sarri is fucking over rated as fuck. guys just like valverde subs wise just not as negative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Devils sources are valuable here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ini4ever View Post
    Only Devils sources are valuable here.
    Everyone knows his 'source'

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sources from Catalunya have confirmed.

MDL is now a Juve player.

Stunning.
    Last edited by Devils; 12th July 2019 at 02:20 PM.
    Puyol #5