Matthijs de Ligt

Donatello

Piqué, Umtiti, Lenglet, Todibo, De Ligt.
We need De Ligt or other equivalent talent but five CBs are way too many and somebody will have to leave.
Wonder what the board is thinking.

Pique won't be undisputed starter in 1-2 years.

We don't know how good is Todibo. Plus he can also play CDM, if need be. He hasn't played as full back but could play there as well imo. Or we could loan him till Pique is here, incase De ligt comes.

Lenglet was bought in as a 3rd CB and will remain so.

Umtiti is the curious case, if he is fit, he & De ligt will be the main CB pairing, else De Ligt and Lenglet/Todibo will be.

But still a new CB is not necessary atm, I think he will be signed keeping the future in mind.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Piqué, Umtiti, Lenglet, Todibo, De Ligt.
We need De Ligt or other equivalent talent but five CBs are way too many and somebody will have to leave.
Wonder what the board is thinking.

It's not too many because of 2 reasons.

1. We don' know the medical state of Umtiti
2. Pique won't be here for much longer. I doubt he'll play for more than 2 seasons and after next season he won't be a starter anymore.

Considering all of that we can easily loan Todibo for 1 year and after that we'll be covered for many years to come.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

It's not too many because of 2 reasons.

1. We don' know the medical state of Umtiti
2. Pique won't be here for much longer. I doubt he'll play for more than 2 seasons and after next season he won't be a starter anymore.

Considering all of that we can easily loan Todibo for 1 year and after that we'll be covered for many years to come.

Yes but not sure if it's a good idea to send Todibo on loan.
I would sell Umtiti this summer before it's too late but that won't happen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The main problem I see for this transfer is our indecisiveness. From what I have read the club seems to prioritize bringing in a LB (can't blame them) and potentially a CF so they might be slow communicating to De Ligt's entourage that we seriously want to sign him. Just like in De Jong's transfer saga Bartomeu had to take things into his own hands and resolved it almost last minute by flying out to Amsterdam to put pen to paper, by the time we determine we want to get him it might be too late.

I hope the club makes up their mind soon and let De Ligt and his people know ASAP.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I think if we go for him then it'll probably mean we loan Todibo for one season and then one of Pique/Umtiti/Lenglet will leave in summer after. (as long as De Ligt shows starter quality of course)

Campos

De Jong was very populair. But PSG was really the only serieus contender. He talked to Pep personally for hours (after the Germany game). Pep really wanted him. But Man City didn't (or couldn't) want to pay that much.
Barto basically snatched him under the nose of Paris Saint-Germain (last minute)

De Ligt on the other hand, will be in high demand this summer.
Maybe he will even convince Real. Ramos is also getting old (still a beast tho). And without Varane and Ramos there defence is pretty shit.

So it will be interested to see how Barto will compete. When the bidding war gets serious.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

The main problem I see for this transfer is our indecisiveness. From what I have read the club seems to prioritize bringing in a LB (can't blame them) and potentially a CF so they might be slow communicating to De Ligt's entourage that we seriously want to sign him. Just like in De Jong's transfer saga Bartomeu had to take things into his own hands and resolved it almost last minute by flying out to Amsterdam to put pen to paper, by the time we determine we want to get him it might be too late.

I hope the club makes up their mind soon and let De Ligt and his people know ASAP.

Yeah, I agree, but rumours are Mino Raiola are demanding up to 10€M to open up negotiations for his client. I think it's fine if we stall a little and let it be known that we can't just be dragged around. It is obvious that he would like to come here, so we can pressure him/his agent a little on their demands, imo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And again, if Ajax is as close to us as Overmas said they are, they could really help us by swaying De Ligt to join us and by lowering the transfer fee (just for us).

Come on Ajax, show that we are really always connected.

Campos

And again, if Ajax is as close to us as Overmas said they are, they could really help us by swaying De Ligt to join us and by lowering the transfer fee (just for us).

Come on Ajax, show that we are really always connected.

Lol
If life was that simple....

Most Dutch kids all love Barca. But business is business.. Overmars was a great winger, but i think he's an even better business man.
BTW. His price will raise like hell, if Ajax can beat Real.

I'm looking forward to the summer transfer window.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lol
If life was that simple....

Most Dutch kids all love Barca. But business is business.. Overmars was a great winger, but i think he's an even better business man.
BTW. His price will raise like hell, if Ajax can beat Real.

I'm looking forward to the summer transfer window.

That was my tongue-in-cheek attempt to mock Overmas for saying that AFTER we handed him a check for 75m. Of course Ajax is going to sell its players to the highest bidders. So stop with that always connected BS. Always connected by money indeed.

Home of Barca Fans