Matthijs de Ligt

Arizona Scott

Correct. It uses the Elo Points System which has the gap a lot wider now.

ESP Spain
Level 1 (20 teams) ⌀1736

ENG England
Level 1 (20 teams) ⌀1709

ITA Italy
Level 1 (20 teams) ⌀1634

GER Germany
Level 1 (18 teams) ⌀1680

FRA France
Level 1 (20 teams) ⌀1580

POR Portugal
Level 1 (18 teams) ⌀1490

http://clubelo.com/

Learned a good stat today, thanks.

I'll add another source for clubs, FiveThirtyEight. They are very good taking existing information while also accounting for issues such as potential sample bias in their estimates. As an example there could be bias in Elo rankings because inter league matches are not played randomly (not going to get Barca vs Fulham). https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/ If anyone has the time to rank the leagues based on 538 that is awesome--but I think it is going to pretty close to data from Club ELO, transfermarket, uefa country rankings, etc. However there is not enough consistency in these data to conclusively say EPL is the best or La Liga is the best. They change 1-2 rank based on the metric, to really know we would need La Liga and EPL teams from 1-20 randomly playing each other, at times the players are equally fatigued, at times clubs from those nations are equally motivated vs other matches and competitions--you can see the problem.

Jair Ventura

Learned a good stat today, thanks.

I'll add another source for clubs, FiveThirtyEight. They are very good taking existing information while also accounting for issues such as potential sample bias in their estimates. As an example there could be bias in Elo rankings because inter league matches are not played randomly (not going to get Barca vs Fulham). https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/ If anyone has the time to rank the leagues based on 538 that is awesome--but I think it is going to pretty close to data from Club ELO, transfermarket, uefa country rankings, etc. However there is not enough consistency in these data to conclusively say EPL is the best or La Liga is the best. They change 1-2 rank based on the metric, to really know we would need La Liga and EPL teams from 1-20 randomly playing each other, at times the players are equally fatigued, at times clubs from those nations are equally motivated vs other matches and competitions--you can see the problem.

Yea, Eibar > Lyon :coffee:

Cule4life

The Culest
So with Darth De Jong coming here for 90m means De Ligt won't be coming here. Sucks but you can't have everything i guess.

Jair Ventura

Just like 9-0 in an officially sanctioned match that happened in one professional league over the weekend. You can always can pick an unusual case to make (or counter) a narrative--I prefer to look at the larger pattern.

There’s more than one obvious error, such as Valencia being 16th or Ajax 9th. Those “rankings” are terrible.

VN10

So with Darth De Jong coming here for 90m means De Ligt won't be coming here. Sucks but you can't have everything i guess.

Hmm, why are you so certain? Is it mutualy exclusive, like you want us to believe?

/s I'm pretty sure there's a Spanish bank that can loan us a good 50-70 million euro's! And why the hell not, we already have a fucked up liability situation and equity/liability ratio. :lol:

Cule4life

The Culest
Hmm, why are you so certain? Is it mutualy exclusive, like you want us to believe?

/s I'm pretty sure there's a Spanish bank that can loan us a good 50-70 million euro's! And why the hell not, we already have a fucked up liability situation and equity/liability ratio. :lol:

160m coutinho+130m Dembele+90m Vader= 380m. Plus the highest wages in the world.

We aren't PSG with unlimited money. Looking at cheap loan signings of Murillo, Boateng etc. kinda makes it clear that the board doesn't have a lot of money and most of has been spent on Darth De Jong

We also need to spend on LB in the summer. So we can't spare 80m on a CB alone.

Edit: Didn't see the /s initially but the point stands

Riordon

160m coutinho+130m Dembele+90m Vader= 380m. Plus the highest wages in the world.

We aren't PSG with unlimited money. Looking at cheap loan signings of Murillo, Boateng etc. kinda makes it clear that the board doesn't have a lot of money and most of has been spent on Darth De Jong

We also need to spend on LB in the summer. So we can't spare 80m on a CB alone.

Well since Neymar left we have brought for 600 and sold for 400. You have to consider how much we sold for.

And we are going to get money for Paco, Gomes, Rakitic and more soon.

Devils

All of a sudden, Barcelona has the most attractive project in European football.

[tw]1088036814974304257[/tw]

[tw]1088034953760256000[/tw]

[tw]1088039177860640769[/tw]

Last edited:

FCBfan22

CB galore...

But real talk, if he really wants to join, he needs to drop that pasta shagger as his associate. Then we can maybe talk (but we probably don't have money anymore).

Porque

Surely not. Unless Coutinho is one of the two players heading out (Rakitic the other one), there is no way we can afford both.

Leo_Messi

Repeating the same lies over and over again does not make them turn into a reality.

According to a report published by UEFA a few days ago, RM is the team that pays the highest wages of all football teams with us being second, paying some €30 million euros less. According to data from last season that is.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...2_DOWNLOAD.pdf

58% of our revenues cover the wage bill while in RM's case it is 60%. No difference it seems. Actually we are doing better according to UEFA's report on this front.

Not only that if there is one thing that this board has done well since 2010, it is the financial aspect of the club. Everything from growth, reduction of debt, sponsorship deals etc.

MDL could very well become a possibility if Umtiti's knee is messed up. There are plenty of assets available to be sold and in a worst case scenario the club can use money allocated for the summer of 2020.

We don't need many positions to strengthen other than finding a replacement for Suárez (could be this summer or the next one) and a substitute of Alba if Cucurella does not return. If he does it will almost be for free. I don't see any other pressing needs. Maybe a new RB if Semedo stagnates? Can't think of any other positions. That RB might be that talented Brazilian guy that we just bought alongside Betis (co-owner ship deal). Cillesen will likely leave as well for a good transfer fee so a substitute will be cheaper.

Neymar, almost entirely, financed the purchases of Dembélé and Coutinho. We had a surplus this summer (if the sale of Paulinho is included). Relax guys.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Surely not. Unless Coutinho is one of the two players heading out (Rakitic the other one), there is no way we can afford both.

And still, why would you buy YET ANOTHER CB?

We will have Umtiti, Pique, Lenglet, Todibo and possibly Murillo, if we take the buy option. There is just no need. Also, selling Cou to buy a CB is ilogical.

ebieymjunior

And still, why would you buy YET ANOTHER CB?

We will have Umtiti, Pique, Lenglet, Todibo and possibly Murillo, if we take the buy option. There is just no need. Also, selling Cou to buy a CB is ilogical.

Todibo will most likely go on loan for some experience until Pique leaves, Murillo would return to his club

Home of Barca Fans