Matthijs de Ligt

Givenchy

this guy just wasnt up to the hype imo

the future of CBs are athletic, pacey ones like VVD as said in another thread. would much rather go for Upamecano taking into account Pique will still be starting next season

LABarcaFan

since he's a raiola's cashcow it's a no for me

True

this guy just wasnt up to the hype imo

the future of CBs are athletic, pacey ones like VVD as said in another thread. would much rather go for Upamecano taking into account Pique will still be starting next season

Yes. We can team-up Pique with Upamecano and that will be a lot better option for Barcelona. In the next 1-2 years we can find another solid CB to replace Pique.

FC B

I can't disagree with you. Yes, he turned down Barcelona and joined Juve for more money, mainly because of that mafioso Mino Raiola. But if the board has decided to buy a new CB, better it be Dayot Upamecano.

Yep, there are a few better alternatives for sure.

Andresito

Staff member
If we'd want to buy him now we'd have to pay more wages and a higher transfer fee for a player who's basically stood still for a year in his development. The extra money we'd have to pay compared to when he was at Ajax is simply not warranted by his performances.

BarçaBarça

Yeah, one subpar season, in the first season at a new club, and you are finisher as a top player...

If the hype was exaggerated the bitter "he was wrong and isnt good enough" is too. He could come back. If not at Juventus then elsewhere. He is 20 ffs.

Campos

Don't understand the hate. He needed some time to settle in.

But he's been there best player in the last 6 games.
Doing great there.

Playing like a leader like he did at Ajax. And he's only 20.

Too Bad, Juve is playing some bad football. Boring as fuck to watch.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Was only matter of time. As much as I like FdJ, I would have preferred MdL over him. Not only do you bring in a great player but also a leader something this club desperately needs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was only matter of time. As much as I like FdJ, I would have preferred MdL over him. Not only do you bring in a great player but also a leader something this club desperately needs.

No need when you have Todibo amiright

Tackle

Juve don't win the title without him this season. Bonnuci has to be one of the most overrated centre-backs in world football at the moment. Still rated by clueless pundits that don't watch much Serie A. Nice passing from the back, but clown show defending. Rugani is quite similarly mediocre.

De Ligt has taken over as the leader of that back line at 20 years old after Chiellini's injury. Don't have many doubts about him anymore. He would be ready to replace Pique next season.

Home of Barca Fans