Matthijs de Ligt

Sailor Mars

Chased the money and crashed and burned.

Nowhere near as good as he was hyped up to be.

Bullshit. How many CBs were starters for elite teams in the past 15 years at the age of 20?

CBs take longer to hit their prime compared to other outfield positions.

Givenchy

is he doing bad at Juve? i dont really follow Italian football but last time i read a Juve forum some months ago they were calling for De Ligt to be benched

way too early to write him off though, that i agree with. i do think his lack of pace will stop him reaching a VVD level

Sailor Mars

is he doing bad at Juve? i dont really follow Italian football but last time i read a Juve forum some months ago they were calling for De Ligt to be benched

way too early to write him off though, that i agree with. i do think his lack of pace will stop him reaching a VVD level

The Juventuz.com forum has had lots of good things to say about him recently.

Sailor Mars

Replica John Stones , wont ever be a top CB.

I can buy the argument that he won't be a top CB because of his pace, but De Ligt has played far at his worse than John Stones on his best day.

Too early to judge a centreback at the age of 20 when he has shown so many great qualities already.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He apparently had some injury issues, coupled with the fact that Demiral had been so good before he got injured (out for the rest of the season) so De Ligt was benched.

He had played the last two games since coming on to replace Demiral and from what I heard, he did very well.

Still nothing for us to feel sorry about, plenty of great CBs around.

mc_lovin

He got benched by Demiral at the start of the year (whos only 21 as well), but had absurd luck with injuries of his competition, so hes back in the starting 11. I kind of hope that he fails miserably for Juve and we get him on the cheap ;D I have no doubt he would succeed here.

Regarding VVD level: completely different playing types. De Ligt is a carbon copy of Puyol for me, he just throws himself into tackles - VVD is much calmer and more athletic (like Ferdinand). But theres something inspirational about a guy like De Ligt, and much more hit and miss. But when hes on his game hes insane. The Tottenham 2nd leg was basically him vs the world (even if he made the mistakes, the rest of Ajax did nothing).

Andrew M

He got benched by Demiral at the start of the year (whos only 21 as well), but had absurd luck with injuries of his competition, so hes back in the starting 11. I kind of hope that he fails miserably for Juve and we get him on the cheap ;D I have no doubt he would succeed here.

Regarding VVD level: completely different playing types. De Ligt is a carbon copy of Puyol for me, he just throws himself into tackles - VVD is much calmer and more athletic (like Ferdinand). But theres something inspirational about a guy like De Ligt, and much more hit and miss. But when hes on his game hes insane. The Tottenham 2nd leg was basically him vs the world (even if he made the mistakes, the rest of Ajax did nothing).

In the 2nd leg I remember Llorente destroyed him

mc_lovin

Im not disagreeing that he had a bad performance (like the rest of Ajax), but he was the one trying. The other defenders did nothing while he was the one throwing himself into every attack.

Devils

Remember De Ligt stans saying he was the bigger talent than FDJ?

Didn't turn out so well for y'all, dawg.

LABarcaFan

Mundo Deportivo:

Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligh is open to the possibility of a move to Barcelona. Juve will have to recoup most of the 85 million they paid for him last summer. If Barcelona want to make this deal happen, they need to make it worth Juventus' time.

FC B

No thanks, he had the chance to join Barca and instead he went for the money and he also was playing poorly there for a good part of the season.

LABarcaFan

No thanks, he had the chance to join Barca and instead he went for the money and he also was playing poorly there for a good part of the season.

I can't disagree with you. Yes, he turned down Barcelona and joined Juve for more money, mainly because of that mafioso Mino Raiola. But if the board has decided to buy a new CB, better it be Dayot Upamecano.

Home of Barca Fans