Matthijs de Ligt

VN10

Look over here kids, these primates are called the Barcarillaz... They don't eat salts as they've got plenty!

Talking rubbish while we have Lenglet, Tobido, Umtiti (does he still play football, anyone knows?) and Pique as our defenders.

:lol:

Look over here kids, these primates are called the Barcarillaz... They don't eat salts as they've got plenty!

Talking rubbish while we have Lenglet, Tobido, Umtiti (does he still play football, anyone knows?) and Pique as our defenders.

I doubt any Barca fan is salty De Ligt didn't sign for Barca. The overwhelming feeling is one of relief.

The argument you have here that you have to support a team that has better defenders than De Ligt to be allowed to have an opinion on De Ligt is incredibly flawed.

Not that that is a problem anyway because Pique ( despite being poor this year by his standards) is still having a better season than De Ligt, as he did last year when Pique was outstanding.

KingLeo10

why don't you take a hike to a Juve forum?

:fati:

CatalinR10

he is overrated, its a good thing we did not sign him

agreed , we made a lot of decisions latelly , overpaying for Coutinho , Dembele , signing Griezmann to play him out of position. The last thing we needed now was to splash 80 mil for de Ligt with his cancer agent only to see him turn out to be a flop.

RELIEVED.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This guy's confidence is shot. He's all over the place for the Dutch NT. If he continues like this he'll probably get benched.

Zidane82

He was atrocious tonight ( again).. gave the ball away in a dangerous position after 39 seconds and was caught woefully out of position after 1 minute 39 seconds !! ( I thought he was Roberto for a moment )

Constantly out of position, targeted by Belarus and slaughtered by the pundits throughout .

He left his man which meant VVD had to mark TWO players when they scored ..

Maybe he should have joined Barca at least he’d have FDJ as a crutch

Last edited:

Juan Shoe

He was atrocious tonight ( again).. gave the ball away in a dangerous position after 39 seconds and was caught woefully out of position after 1 minute 39 seconds !! ( I thought he was Roberto for a moment )

Constantly out of position, targeted by Belarus and slaughtered by the pundits throughout .

He left his man which meant VVD had to mark TWO players when they scored ..

Maybe he should have joined Barca at least he’d have FDJ as a crutch

Actually if you watch the goal again it is FdJ that leaves the player that VvD goes towards leaving his own man free to score. But lets not let the facts get in the way of the total over the top slagging of a young player on the basis he chose to go to another club.

Zidane82

Actually if you watch the goal again it is FdJ that leaves the player that VvD goes towards leaving his own man free to score. But lets not let the facts get in the way of the total over the top slagging of a young player on the basis he chose to go to another club.
Why would FDJ be marking anyone two yards from the goal line ?
VVD was torn between marking the two attackers whilst De Ligt was nowhere ( De Ligt is the number 3 )

https://youtu.be/jEjqfOaHW5c

Last edited:

Zidane82

Also .. I really wanted him here and I was hoping he’d do well at Juve then come to us in a year or so .,. Now I’ve changed my mind as he’d be a liability as things stand . ..It looks as though he was being helped to look good at Ajax by FDJ always being available for him .
Now his confidence is completely shot

Juan Shoe

Watch the goal again and you will see that the player who scores runs from deep leaving FdJ. De Ligt is marking another forward, and whilst slightly out of position in relation to the player he is marking, he is not the player that causes the 2 on 1 for VvD. FdJ stops and positions himself centrally at the edge of the box instead of tracking the player. If any defender should take the blame other than VvD it is Blind for not tucking in and helping with the overlap. If de Ligt comes across to cover then he leaves his man free and open in the box.

(Apologies as I initially said the player making the run from deep was the diversion no the goal scorer)

Last edited:

serghei

Watch the goal again and you will see that the player who scores runs from deep leaving FdJ. De Ligt is marking another forward, and whilst slightly out of position in relation to the player he is marking, he is not the player that causes the 2 on 1 for VvD. FdJ stops and positions himself centrally at the edge of the box instead of tracking the player. If any defender should take the blame other than VvD it is Blind for not tucking in and helping with the overlap. If de Ligt comes across to cover then he leaves his man free and open in the box.

(Apologies as I initially said the player making the run from deep was the diversion no the goal scorer)

I'd say Van Dijk is the most responsible. It's just a cross in his area that you expect a player of his quality to clear. He should follow the ball, not the player. If he has his eyes on the ball first he can read its trajectory better and not go under it. This is zonal, not man to man, to only look at your opponent and not care about your zone except for that player.

Unless asked to specifically it's not De Jong's job to follow his man there. It's the CB area. They should command it.

Last edited:

Juan Shoe

I'd say Van Dijk is the most responsible. It's just a cross in his area that you expect a player of his quality to clear. He should follow the ball, not the player. If he has his eyes on the ball first he can read its trajectory better and not go under it. This is zonal, not man to man, to only look at your opponent and not care about your zone except for that player.

Yeah it really should be dealt with better by VvD but he runs off FdJ to create the space and the defender who should cover is Blind. The co-commentator (on Sky anyway) lazily blames de Ligt (as VvD plays for Liverpool and was the best player in England last year,so it must have been somebody else's fault) and people just go with that. De Ligt is not in anyway responsible for the goal. He has struggled since going to Juve but he will recover and he, like FdJ, has the potential to be one of the best players in his position of his generation. Whether he reaches his full potential or not, time will tell. But some of the comments on here are just "she didn't dump me, I dumped her!"

serghei

Yeah it really should be dealt with better by VvD but he runs off FdJ to create the space and the defender who should cover is Blind. The co-commentator (on Sky anyway) lazily blames de Ligt (as VvD plays for Liverpool and was the best player in England last year,so it must have been somebody else's fault) and people just go with that. De Ligt is not in anyway responsible for the goal. He has struggled since going to Juve but he will recover and he, like FdJ, has the potential to be one of the best players in his position of his generation. Whether he reaches his full potential or not, time will tell. But some of the comments on here are just "she didn't dump me, I dumped her!"

Yea, but Blind is kind of far. If this would've happened at Barcelona I'd blame Lenglet the most. (LCB in this case, Van Dijk). I'd say Blind would've been more responsible if the ball wasn't played exactly in the zone Van Dijk was in. As it was, the goal was scored exactly from the area you expect your LCB to handle.

Home of Barca Fans