Matthijs de Ligt

Marchisio8

Banned
Juve won't be his end station, he and Raiola made it pretty clear its a stepping stone. once Ronaldo leaves/retires, he'll be kicking up a fuss and Juve will have to pay Raiola again like they did with Pogba :lol:

i see him in the PL 2-3 years time

Yeah, I am sure Juve are crying themselves to sleep everynight because of the Pogba deal

Can you imagine getting a player on free transfer, made possible only because of an agent, then years later, selling him for 120M and 20-30M goes to the agent. Making a total investment of 80-90M. Jesus, Juve are definitely haunted by this terrible deal. :angry:

Givenchy

Yeah, I am sure Juve are crying themselves to sleep everynight because of the Pogba deal

Can you imagine getting a player on free transfer, made possible only because of an agent, then years later, selling him for 120M and 20-30M goes to the agent. Making a total investment of 80-90M. Jesus, Juve are definitely haunted by this terrible deal. :angry:

even if we don't look 100% at the financial side, losing a player entering his prime to a Europa league United team in major transition is quite embarrassing, especially after you just reached a CL final.

Raiola pulls the strings at Juve

anyway, on topic, De Ligt will progress alot better in Serie A so with the wages on top, its a good next step in his career

Last edited:

Donatello

I can see him moving to Real Madrid as a galactico.

If we don't get our shit together, we will be in a big mess once Messi is done. As things go, Real Madrid are only going to better because of their young squad, while its opposite for us. D

I don't know what will make players to choose Barca over Real once Messi leaves.

Perez >>>> Bartomeu, when it comes to convincing player.

Marchisio8

Banned
even if we don't look 100% at the financial side, losing a player entering his prime to a Europa league United team in major transition is quite embarrassing, especially after you just reached a CL final.

Raiola pulls the strings at Juve

anyway, on topic, De Ligt will progress alot better in Serie A so with the wages on top, its a good next step in his career

It's embarssing for Pogba yes, look the way it turned out. Just as expected.

Don't be deluded, of course he doesn't and no Juve fan would mind. Juventus has only gained from Raiola.

I can understand why it would look like it, since Raiola was Nedveds agent, and they are still very close.

mc_lovin

If we don't get our shit together, we will be in a big mess once Messi is done. As things go, Real Madrid are only going to better because of their young squad, while its opposite for us. D

I don't know what will make players to choose Barca over Real once Messi leaves.

Jesus, talk about overreaction.

wisconsincule

Lol WTF?

Do we not have FDJ and Arthur arguably two of the best young midfield talents? Dembele and Malcom? Lenglet? Our squad is plenty young. Just because Real signed all of these players doesn’t mean they are going to pan out. Barca has always been a massive draw even before Messi. Why would that stop when he leaves??

Griezmann another top player just chose to come here.

Get a grip.

Perez is also 72. At what point does his mind start going and his judgement impaired by old age?

Last edited:

Donatello

Lol WTF?

Do we not have FDJ and Arthur arguably two of the best young midfield talents? Dembele and Malcom? Lenglet? Our squad is plenty young. Just because Real signed all of these players doesn’t mean they are going to pan out. Barca has always been a massive draw even before Messi. Why would that stop when he leaves??

Griezmann another top player just chose to come here.

Get a grip.

Perez is also 72. At what point does his mind start going and his judgement impaired by old age?

I don't think Malcom will be a massive player, let alone a starter if things remain the same.

Lenglet is a decent squad player and an excellent buy no doubt. But he has a lot of work to do to be called a WC defender.

I do agree about Arthur, FDJ and Dembele being some of the best talents, but they aren't even trusted enough by Valverde. With Griezmann incoming, Dembele is under even more pressure and with Rakitic, Arthur is left out. About FDJ, let’s see how much time Valverde gives him.

And getting Griezmann was not that hard, I mean he isn't a steal at 120M. Also, he wasn't signed for a fixed role and he is 27 already. Anyways, he'll be 30 after a few seasons.

Messi, Suárez, Pique, Vidal, Rakitic, Alba, Busquets, Griezmann, Roberto, Coutinho will be 30+ after 3 seasons.

On the other hand, Real Madrid are trying to tap in Mbappe already.

And FDJ needed a phone call from Messi, to convince him. Messi definitely has the biggest pull here, with him gone, I doubt a neutral player will favor us over RM, provided they are given a similar offer.

And about pre Messi era, we used to have an identity, i.e "Mes que en club" actually meant something. But nowadays we are busy pissing off clubs, forgetting La Masia, our playing style is boring and bland & our finances are screwed. Since 2013, only Roberto and Alena have actually made it to starting XI. There was not a single Barca player in current U21 spain team.

Don't get me wrong, but this is I see where we're heading. And I know if that happens, people will call it transition, or some bs like, "It was a once in a while generation so dip is expected, or something similar", while I think it could have been avoided had we been cautious and planned wisely, which, we are far from doing.

Look, I'm not smarter than the board. But you don't realize the fact that, this board is run by Bartomeu. And by 2021, Bartomeu will be gone and he won't have to deal with all that trouble that happens later. In fact, he will be rubbing hands waiting to bounce back once again hoping things go wrong with the next president.

Last edited:

When you cross the road, never cross in the middle, always cross at the traffic lights. And make sure to say the green cross code while you wait for the lights to turn red. When it has turned red wait a further 5 seconds just in case there are some drink drivers about. Only cross the road then making sure to look in all directions when you are crossing.

If you try crossing the road in any way apart from the way described above, the chances of you being hit by a car and dying are rumoured to be stastically close to 65%.

Be safe out there!

FC433

According to reports he is going to earn about 9m after tax (before tax about 18m) + 4m incentives

That is a lot. I wanted him more than FDJ before 2019; however, I am quite happy with how things are going now. I am more upset about losing Kubo than MDL.

Messi983

As I've said they've just waited on 15th July to confirm the deal.

According to reports he is going to earn about 9m after tax (before tax about 18m) + 4m incentives

That is a lot. I wanted him more than FDJ before 2019; however, I am quite happy with how things are going now. I am more upset about losing Kubo than MDL.

Under the new law in Italy they will only pay him around 12M gross + incentives.

Here is a good explanation.

[youtube]GwBYurfTCBk[/youtube]

Leo_Messi

MD says Bartomeu tried a last ditch attempt to sign De Ligt.

Don't know whether its true or not.

Most likely not true. Ever since Neymar and his entourage made it clear that they want back (months ago) our interest in de Ligt dropped immediately. From almost having signed him to suddenly discarding him.

The explanation for that is simple. We could not and cannot buy Griezmann, Neymar, de Ligt, Neto and likely other players in the same transfer window.

While de Ligt would have been a good purchase, de Jong is the bigger generational talent and a much more important purchase for us. Strenghtening our aging midfield was absolutely crucial. The CB position not soo much in comparison. Moreover there are not many "de Jong's" out there but there is an enormous range of highly talented CB's out there and more are emerging each season.

De Ligt is a great, great footballer (given his age) but missing out on him and Raiola is not the end of the world. Stylistically he is not my ideal type of CB either due to his lack of pace.

Givenchy

has he still not signed with Juve? i must admit i stopped following this saga

when you see Harry Maguire is rumourd to be joining United at £80mil.. Juve got a ridiculous bargain if/when its official

Home of Barca Fans