Matthijs de Ligt

Judoman

Raiola is the reason that he's going to Juve.

No he is not. Raiola gives players options. That s why they like him. In the end it s their decision.

I don t agree with [MENTION=23569]VN10[/MENTION] regarding lack of effort. The kid knew we wanted him, we were after him right from the start and made an offer which was accepted. Than the biding war started.
But his position isn t a priority, so it makes sense that board refused to go higher. It was high enough for a 19 year old with 1 good season behind him. In fact, i can t remember us going after
CB so aggressively, considering circumstances.

He choose the bigger paycheck. It s that simple and it s nothing to be ashamed about.

M

Medz

While such a thing is very unlikely, he will probably become one of the best defenders in the world, it is also a sad way of living your live. I hope you are young, otherwise live ain't treating you well is it? Negative Nancy.

It's not that deep lmao. What's up with everybody on this website trying to psycho-analyse you based on a single comment?

Even when Barça was linked with him and was close to signing him, I thought he was overhyped. I'm GLAD he's not coming

M

Medz

Lol there are people on here stupid enough to actually expect Barça to give a 19 yo that outrageous amount of money he's asking for, without even considering how fucked up our wage bill is

gregorrin10

Lol there are people on here stupid enough to actually expect Barça to give a 19 yo that outrageous amount of money he's asking for, without even considering how fucked up our wage bill is

Yeah, but here's the thing. We fucked up big time over paying average players in the last few years, and now here's the excuse that we can't afford wages for the one player who actually could be a game change and one of our leaders for the next decade.

Leo_Messi

Rumors of the club being willing to sell Umtiti if the right offer emerges. Talk about €50 million and him being off.

In an ideal world we would sell Umtiti for a transfer fee similar to that number and pay those €20 million extra for de Ligt. Sounds too good to be true but Barto seems incredibly desperate (across more than just the football section) to announce "star names".

I mean, it's not like there is a bunch of repeated league + CL double winning teams to be the measuring stick. Unless in your book it's Fraudiola's team or nothing. Lol.

The most successful manager in modern history is now a fraud?:lol: A very "Interesting" reasoning in lack of better words.

Speaking about teams that won their domestic leagues and the European Cup/CL in the same season, Barça has done that 5 times. In other words every single time that the club has managed to win the CL.

RM on the other hand only managed to win the league and European Cup/CL in the same season a mere 3 times out of 13 total European Cup/CL wins. That is a statistic that tells a whole lot.

Last edited:

serghei

Real Madrid doesn't give up on the league from the beginning. It is only when they are so far behind that they focus only on the CL. They know they'll always get top 3 even if they have a bad season in the league.

Pretty much. They often had issues with consistency in the league in the last few decades. They are at their best in CL where they have a very strong winning mentality which makes them rise up and play their best football in these decisive matches. The amount of close games they should've lost but somehow ended up winning due to a wide variety of factors is staggering. They must have something like a 80% winning ratio in close ties.

They are also a counter attacking team first and foremost, and that is usually a tactic that is best used in the CL were teams are more evenly matched. They are forced to do way too much positional attacking with possession in La Liga for their liking, and they are a bit basic in this aspect. All they do basically is spam crosses in the box. They are not very good at unlocking good defensive teams who stay back, and when their 'put the ball wide an cross' formula doesn't work, they lose points.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Pretty much. They often had issues with consistency in the league in the last few decades. They are at their best in CL where they have a very strong winning mentality which makes them rise up and play their best football in these decisive matches.

They are also a counter attacking team first and foremost, and that is usually a tactic that is best used in the CL. They are used to do way too much positional attacking with possession in La Liga, and they are a bit basic in this aspect. All they do basically is spam crosses.

to be fair, that would be my go to tactic as well when the roster is CR7, Bale, Ramos, Benz, Morata (2017) and the crossers are Marcelo, Modric, Kroos.

:lol:

serghei

to be fair, that would be my go to tactic as well when the roster is CR7, Bale, Ramos, Benz, Morata (2017) and the crossers are Marcelo, Modric, Kroos.

:lol:

Sure, but in La Liga it's hard to get that desire and those runs in the box very often on weekly basis. It means your attackers have to be constantly alert and moving, looking to find the best spaces. It takes a lot of effort for the attackers.

Spamming crosses is kind of easy on the mids and fullbacks, but very very demanding for the strikers.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans