Matthijs de Ligt

Arizona Scott

If we are talking about a young Dani Alves or Puyol or Ramos or Desailly or just emerging Van Dyke it would be one thing to get in a bidding war. Truly unique athletes and defenders that are more than just being elite at their position but allow your whole team to play differently. I don't see that in MDL (or really any other defender impacting a whole defensive set up like VVD at the moment).

Don't budge from what we thought the best offer we could do based on his worth, use the fee and wages for midfield or forward player if he won't take it.

On the flip side City is going to spend huge on Maguire (more than Liverpool did VVD), but rating defenders seems to be the one area Pep and them seem to miss.

abbbs97

Why are so many absolutely convinced that he will sign for Juve when the ONLY thing the player has actually said is that he would make his decision AFTER he’s had a holiday?!

Seemed quite a reasonable stance for him to take tbh

Agreed. Lets just wait till tomorrow. This is all on Raiola, he is the one giving news to the press about Juve, PSG..etc all just to raise his commission.

Newcomer

If we are talking about a young Dani Alves or Puyol or Ramos or Desailly or just emerging Van Dyke it would be one thing to get in a bidding war. Truly unique athletes and defenders that are more than just being elite at their position but allow your whole team to play differently. I don't see that in MDL (or really any other defender impacting a whole defensive set up like VVD at the moment).

Don't budge from what we thought the best offer we could do based on his worth, use the fee and wages for midfield or forward player if he won't take it.

On the flip side City is going to spend huge on Maguire (more than Liverpool did VVD), but rating defenders seems to be the one area Pep and them seem to miss.

Maguire is a british player. Sometimes, they have to go for some players like that even if they aren't the best in the world. They need homegrown players and Maguire is the best Britain has to offer with Stones they own already.

abbbs97

Crazy that Maguire, not as good as de Ligt and much older, will cost more than him. Thats what happens with British players I guess, like Newcomer said.
Pep and Raiola hate each other so I cant imagine that Pep would've ever gone near de Ligt just because of Raiola.

omidferoz

He is a good player, but to much drama around him. What about in 2 years time when he wants a new contract? we will have to go through this again. There is alot of good defenders out there and Todibo looks pretty promising if EV tries to develop him(who am i kidding EV will never use him).

mc_lovin

He is a good player, but to much drama around him. What about in 2 years time when he wants a new contract? we will have to go through this again. There is alot of good defenders out there and Todibo looks pretty promising if EV tries to develop him(who am i kidding EV will never use him).

There is no drama. You just get agitated through the media. Still hope he comes, but I agree with some that centre back is probably the easiest position to cover. He would still be massive for us.

Givenchy

I get the feeling Barto and the board just aren't invested enough in this transfer. with Frenkie they went the extra mile at the end to convince him and secure a deal + signing his agents son for Barca B so i don't believe this bullshit about us not wanting to pay Raiola/do an agent a favour

i guess they are too busy trying to find a way to bring Neymar home

anyways, tomorrow seems to be the day the saga concludes. difficult to have any excitement or care for it though as imo we have been out of the race for a long time now

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to Di Marzio, Raiola wants a 12 Million Salary+Bonuses for De Ligt.

Juventus is reportedly offering him 14m net and PSG was at 10m plus bonuses and is willing to up their offer. My money would still be on Juventus. I don’t think he wants to go to PSG.

xXKonan

Juventus is reportedly offering him 14m net and PSG was at 10m plus bonuses and is willing to up their offer. My money would still be on Juventus. I don’t think he wants to go to PSG.
Di Marzio reported that Henrique had the deal close to being sowed up but left PSG and Leonardo decided not to take up the terms agreed and Raiola decided to reconsider the idea of pushing De Ligt to PSG after that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Di Marzio reported that Henrique had the deal close to being sowed up but left PSG and Leonardo decided not to take up the terms agreed and Raiola decided to reconsider the idea of pushing De Ligt to PSG after that.

Interesting that all these reports are conflicting. Reports out of Italy earlier seemed to indicate that Juventus is widely believed to be the chosen one and Paris United said PSG would not give up and was willing to throw more money at him. Either way it seems to be a two-horse race right now. If everything being equal I bet he will go to Juventus.

wisconsincule

Why are so many absolutely convinced that he will sign for Juve when the ONLY thing the player has actually said is that he would make his decision AFTER he’s had a holiday?!

Seemed quite a reasonable stance for him to take tbh

THIS LOL in a few days he will be on his way somewhere else. This is all media driven. Same with Neymar.

xXKonan

According to COPE, while we do want him we aren't willing to go crazy for a 19-year-old CB in De Ligt. So if De Ligt is expecting us to substantially raise our offer in terms of wages then he's going to be disappointed.

Home of Barca Fans