Matthijs de Ligt

abbbs97

We dont know how much Barca offered him and whether de Ligt really said yes or no to Barca's offer. We wont know anything until at least beginning of July. All this news is just coming from reporters who probably know nothing at this point. I only believe Domenech who just said yesterday that de Ligt didnt make a decision and that his family prefers Barca, with his father in law openly preferring Barca.
If Oriol says the same thing as what the SER report says, I will believe it but even then, things happen. Until then, dont believe anything you read especially since de Ligt is still on vacation and this is just Raiola trying to get more money.

Zidane82

We dont know how much Barca offered him and whether de Ligt really said yes or no to Barca's offer. We wont know anything until at least beginning of July. All this news is just coming from reporters who probably know nothing at this point. I only believe Domenech who just said yesterday that de Ligt didnt make a decision and that his family prefers Barca, with his father in law openly preferring Barca.
If Oriol says the same thing as what the SER report says, I will believe it but even then, things happen. Until then, dont believe anything you read especially since de Ligt is still on vacation and this is just Raiola trying to get more money.

Exactly . I still have high hopes of getting him .
His family and team mates .. ex Dutch legends want him to come plus we already have his best friend FDJ here ..
Also ManU are in a right state and PSG seem to have so many problems.

That said .., we have Valverde

abbbs97

Exactly . I still have high hopes of getting him .
His family and team mates .. ex Dutch legends want him to come plus we already have his best friend FDJ here ..
Also ManU are in a right state and PSG seem to have so many problems.

That said .., we have Valverde

Yes I believe this is all Raiola trying to get more money. Dont forget, we cant announce signings until July 1. Thats why I'm saying wait until July to believe more of these news.

VN10

Lets not pretend that this message is any more trustworthy than all of the previous clickbait.

I could tweet that De Ligt has a picture of Ronaldo beside his bed and kisses it goodnight every day, and y'all would believe it as if your mother was telling you something.

xXKonan

I accepted the idea of him not coming here for a while now.

If he really wanted to come here that bad, you don't hire Raiola for that. He hired Raiola in order to get the best deal possible out of all the big clubs out there and he will choose the best deal that he wants, whether or not it's us or a club like PSG. Don't really blame De Ligt for that either.

I've felt that the club didn't put as much effort into getting De Ligt as we did with De Jong, due to priorities. It may sound like "Well I didn't want him anyway!" talk but with De Jong, it truly felt we pulled out all the stops with him but with De Ligt we offered him the best of what we were going to give him and that was it.

abbbs97

Lets not pretend that this message is any more trustworthy than all of the previous clickbait.

I could tweet that De Ligt has a picture of Ronaldo beside his bed and kisses it goodnight every day, and y'all would believe it as if your mother was telling you something.

What are your sources in Holland saying about this?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I doubt Oriol Domenech knows anything about what De Ligt wants at this point. I doubt he has anything new to say at all. Week after week he has been saying the same thing, essentially it is difficult for us to get De Ligt but he is still somewhat optimistic. I don’t think he is necessarily more credible than Cadena SER.

The fact that De Ligt is vacationing in Miami doesn’t contract with anything, it doesn’t mean he can’t make a decision while he is on vacation. I am sure Raiola is talking to him regularly to let him know what offers he has received etc. Lastly, why WOULDN’T De Ligt listen to Raiola? He hired him, didn’t he? He wanted to maximize his monetary gains, that’s why he hired him in the first place. Last time I checked, we were not going to pay the alleged 20m commission to Raiola while others (PSG) was. It is not unfathomable to think that De Ligt would want Raiola to be happy after he secures him the best deal possible.

At this point, of course, nothing is official and done. I personally think Juventus has the best chance to get him.

abbbs97

I doubt Oriol Domenech knows anything about what De Ligt wants at this point. I doubt he has anything new to say at all. Week after week he has been saying the same thing, essentially it is difficult for us to get De Ligt but he is still somewhat optimistic. I don’t think he is necessarily more credible than Cadena SER.

The fact that De Ligt is vacationing in Miami doesn’t contract with anything, it doesn’t mean he can’t make a decision while he is on vacation. I am sure Raiola is talking to him regularly to let him know what offers he has received etc. Lastly, why WOULDN’T De Ligt listen to Raiola? He hired him, didn’t he? He wanted to maximize his monetary gains, that’s why he hired him in the first place. Last time I checked, we were not going to pay the alleged 20m commission to Raiola while others (PSG) was. It is not unfathomable to think that De Ligt would want Raiola to be happy after he secures him the best deal possible.

At this point, of course, nothing is official and done. I personally think Juventus has the best chance to get him.

I believe Domenech cause he has sources inside Ajax. He just said yesterday that de Ligt still didnt make his decision.
Well, I wouldnt expect a smart footballer like de Ligt to listen to Raiola who doesnt want him to go to Barca (or other clubs who wont be able to pay the fees) purely because of economical reasons.

Like you said, nothing is official until its official. I also think that he's not coming here but I wouldn't believe these reports just yet.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I believe Domenech cause he has sources inside Ajax. He just said yesterday that de Ligt still didnt make his decision.
Well, I wouldnt expect a smart footballer like de Ligt to listen to Raiola who doesnt want him to go to Barca (or other clubs who wont be able to pay the fees) purely because of economical reasons.

Like you said, nothing is official until its official. I also think that he's not coming here but I wouldn't believe these reports just yet.

Ajax might not have been notified yet. This transfer doesn’t hinge on Ajax since Ajax will do business with any club that De Ligt chooses. what Cardena SER said was Raiola has informed us that De Ligt had turned us down, a decision Ajax might or might not know.

If he doesn’t come to us, I just hope he won’t go to Bayern. No problem at all if he wants to spend a long time at PSG.

abbbs97

MD just reported that they contacted Barca and Barca said that they did not receive any response from de Ligt, whether yes or no.
Like I said, dont believe anything until July. Reporters will just report the same things over and over again.

Zidane82

I accepted the idea of him not coming here for a while now.

If he really wanted to come here that bad, you don't hire Raiola for that. He hired Raiola in order to get the best deal possible out of all the big clubs out there and he will choose the best deal that he wants, whether or not it's us or a club like PSG. Don't really blame De Ligt for that either.

I've felt that the club didn't put as much effort into getting De Ligt as we did with De Jong, due to priorities. It may sound like "Well I didn't want him anyway!" talk but with De Jong, it truly felt we pulled out all the stops with him but with De Ligt we offered him the best of what we were going to give him and that was it.

De Ligt didn’t employ Raiola .., De Ligt’s own agent apparently felt he was out of his depth when it was clear that these latest contract offers were far too complex and he wasn’t comfortable dealing with the mega millions on offer .. it was the agent who apparently made enquires and settled on Raiola .

MTL_Barca

De Ligt didn’t employ Raiola .., De Ligt’s own agent apparently felt he was out of his depth when it was clear that these latest contract offers were far too complex and he wasn’t comfortable dealing with the mega millions on offer .. it was the agent who apparently made enquires and settled on Raiola .

And De Ligt didn't know anything about that? Nah. He also could just fire Raiola know and sign wherever he wants. He isn't his slave.

Let's not pretend De Ligt doesn't have anything to do with this. He is ok with whatever is Raiola doing right now, otherwise he would've already fired him or signed for a club.
It's totally legit to listen to offers and try to get the best deal, but that also shows he doesn't want to join Barca at all costs because if that was true he would already be a Barca player and Raiola couldn't do anything about it.

Last edited:

Zidane82

And De Ligt didn't know anything about that? Nah. He also could just fire Raiola know and sign wherever he wants. He isn't his slave.

Let's not pretend De Ligt doesn't have anything to do with this. He is ok with whatever is Raiola doing right now, otherwise he would've already fired him or signed for a club.
It's totally legit to listen to offers and try to get the best deal, but that also shows he doesn't want to join Barca at all costs because if that was true he would already be a Barca player and Raiola couldn't do anything about it.

I read that De Ligt wanted an agent who was an ex player so he’d understand things from a player’s position and that’s what he did .. he apparently trusted his agent’s judgment ( rightly or wrongly) in hiring Raiola .

All sounds perfectly feasible considering the lad’s age

Saladin

We should never do business with players who operate with Raiola as an agent on principle. He is a fucking cancer to the sport and De Ligt can go suck a dick. He is not even 20 yet, already people see him as a new Beckenbauer. How many 'generational talents' has been washed-up fuckbois a couple of years on? There is a sickness in the way talents are perceived in football, as in rest of society, with a tendency to idolize and worship youthness to the extreme; '17 year old prodigy', '19-year old supertalent' and so on. Robinho was the next Ronaldo de Lima; Saviola was the next Maradona; Justin Kluivert was the next Ronaldo and we had players in La Masia that were 'supertalents'; Adama Traoré was hailed as the next Eto'o with a twist of Ronaldinho. Gai Assulin, remember this guy (pun intended)? What a joke.

Sure, De Ligt has had a phenomenal season and a couple of decent ones before this one; he captained a great Ajax side to a terrific run in the CL and a domestic double. But there is zero guarantee that he will be the next Puyol or Ramos, for several reasons:

1) His choice of Raiola speaks volumes of his ego and what he values most; money. Raiola never gave two shits about his players professional development and sporting projects, he always, ALWAYS, went for the biggest moneybag.
2) Our sporting project is still one of the best in Europe. We have the greatest of all time in our team, we are always competitive (even with the old fart as coach, which shouldn't be off-putting since it will probably be his last year) and we have everything to succeed at a professional level.
3) We offered him the same as Frenkie, who accepted to play for us. We should keep the same mindset as Eric Abidal *cough* I mean the guy who 'hacked' Abidals phone and posted a picture of De Ligt with the famous Cruyff quote "Those who hesitate about playing for Barcelona, are no longer needed by us'

De Ligt will have a fine career and probably a great future, whereever he goes. But Barcelona will be fine if he choses Barca or not. If he wants to make history, win real trophies and be a part of the next generation in one of the arguably three biggest and best clubs in the world, he should come to Barca. If not, we will certainly survive without him, new generational talents are a dime a dozen these days.

Home of Barca Fans