Matthijs de Ligt

Arizona Scott

Liverpool don't even need de Ligt. They have van Dijk, Gomes and Matip who can be starters.... plus they have Lovren for backup.

They don't need him, but it would be one hell of a way to nail down their backline for years. Gomez can play RB and RCB, so reports TAA might play some midfield, Matip would be on bench. Lovren sold I would guess. As if they were not already a hard enough team to score on.

Barca does have a bigger need than Liverpool. Juve long in the tooth too at CB. And United has the biggest need of all.

Like to see Barca nail this down if he does what he wants to do and not his agent/pure $ I think it is Barca, or Liverpool. He would help United or Juve tremendously.

VN10

Guys chill!

De Ligt will come to Barca, and today's news is a confirmation.
https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/batalla-final-por-ligt-7489746

Yes, you can read that only Liverpool and PSG are left as a destination for De Ligt according to Raiola.
But, if you read between the lines, it's a final attempt to try to get more money out of Barca.
Why would his agent specificaly name those two clubs? He'd never do that under any other circumstance.

De Ligt will go to Barca, and it's just a matter of finishing the transfer game.
Hurry up Bartomeu and Raiola, we want to buy Barca shirts! :)

Magyarkhan

Guys chill!

Yes, you can read that only Liverpool and PSG are left as a destination for De Ligt according to Raiola.
But, if you read between the lines, it's a final attempt to try to get more money out of Barca.
Why would his agent specificaly name those two clubs? He'd never do that under any other circumstance.

De Ligt will go to Barca, and it's just a matter of finishing the transfer game.

Like with Frenkie....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Guys chill!

That Sport article doesn't confirm anything. It is their speculation that De Ligt wouldn't choose Manchester United or Juventus, but they don't have a clue what De Ligt really wants. So those two can't be ruled out. Even if they were, there are still PSG and Liverpool left and both are genuinely pursuing him if we believe the reports, not something fabricated by Raiola to force us to up our offer.

We have already said many times that we will not enter an auction and our offer is final. The only way for De Ligt to come here is to choose the lower monetary offer however the much more rewarding career offer (Valverde will be here for one more season and that's it). The fact that it is taking him this long and there have been absolutely no signs of him reining in Raiola's greed makes me not optimistic at all.

Devils

My sources in Catalunya have confirmed to me that he will indeed sign with Barca.

No date given when the transfer will officially happen, but right now it's unlikely to happen before July 1st when the new fiscal year begins.

Sterlingfan2000

Senior figure at Barcelona: “With the state they’re (United) in, it’s not far off picking the Chinese league, career-wise. It’d be sacrificing development and ambition for money in the same way.” #mufc [Independent]

lol

Givenchy

Senior figure at Barcelona: “With the state they’re (United) in, it’s not far off picking the Chinese league, career-wise. It’d be sacrificing development and ambition for money in the same way.” #mufc [Independent]

lol

doubt thats legit.. its true though. ofcourse the PL has its allure but United currently, if Pogba and DDG leave are midtable at best. De Ligt should be making a step up in his career not down to Europa league

in other news.. Liverpool links are heating up

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
doubt thats legit.. its true though. ofcourse the PL has its allure but United currently, if Pogba and DDG leave are midtable at best. De Ligt should be making a step up in his career not down to Europa league

in other news.. Liverpool links are heating up

United should just reply with remontada x2 viva Valverde

Givenchy

Barcelona & PSG are the only two clubs in the race for Matthijs de Ligt. It won’t be a matter of weeks but a matter of days until we will know who will sign Matthijs de Ligt. [@RMCsport]

apparently PSG offering Raiola more money

cant post the actual tweet as when i embed it fucks up the page on this forum..

impeh

Hi, its me..
With Pique getting older, Umtiti hit and miss with fitness and then only Lenglet (actually pretty solid buy), its really important we sign him imo. Hes miles ahead of other defenders his age. Plus potential captain material in the future, as our 3 captains arent getting any younger.

Obviously we cant offer the same as PSG + United, but thats where already having De Jong works in our favour.

I think our main issue this summer is going to be selling players. We have players on long contracts, big wages, none of whom are unhappy or seemingly want to leave. Have to wait and see if Valverde or the board have the balls to move players on.

Devils

Barcelona & PSG are the only two clubs in the race for Matthijs de Ligt. It won’t be a matter of weeks but a matter of days until we will know who will sign Matthijs de Ligt. [@RMCsport]

apparently PSG offering Raiola more money

cant post the actual tweet as when i embed it fucks up the page on this forum..

PSG are apparently firing their sporting director today.

If i were a betting man, i’d wager its because he failed to secure a big signing, dawg.

mia7007

If he will choose PSG or ManU over us he will be insane.
The only team I fear to beat us to him is Liverpool or City. Other than that are mid level teams.

Home of Barca Fans