Matthijs de Ligt

M

Medz

Im with the board on this one. Who the fuck in their right mind would pay a 19yo +10m. He can fuck off

Why did we buy Todibo again?

Im with the board on this one. Who the fuck in their right mind would pay a 19yo +10m. He can fuck off

Why did we buy Todibo again?

De Ligt will secure our defense for years to come, plus he has the leader mentality that we so much miss. I say we play the game and try to lower his demands, but in the end if that doesn't work out, just pay the fat dude and move on. In the near future this transfer will seem like a steal.

abbbs97

https://twitter.com/JoanFontes/status/1133129032554418176

This guy is saying that the reason why Barca are having trouble with de Ligt is because of playing time and that they're trying to sell Umtiti in order to buy de Ligt to convince him to come for playing time. Raiola isn't the reason.
I'd say he's reliable cause this guy mentioned Roberto Martinez as a possible candidate for the manager job on May 11, and also said that when Griezmann announced his departure from Atletico he isn't 100% going to Barca way before any of these journalists said so.

I think thats what he's saying..not exactly sure as I dont speak spanish fluently.

Last edited:

gr98

Oriol Domenech | De Ligt accepted the salary proposed by the club. The worry is related to Raiola.
[tw]1133135494609559552[/tw]

Devils

[tw]1133137391210909696[/tw]

De Ligt is very focused about coming to Barca. Negotiations are progressing in a similar manner to De Jong.

United is interested, but nowhere near convincing De Ligt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't buy the "crazy to come to Barca" part, if he was, he would have reined in Raiola and signed with us already. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

To me there is really nothing new from what Oriol Domenech said. De Ligt himself said yesterday he was going to take his time making his decision. If he was crazy about joining us it should have taken this long.

xXKonan

Francesc Aguilar said someone intentionally planted negative news in regards to the De Ligt deal to rac1 to make Raiola look like the bad guy in case the deal doesn't happen.

This is pretty big coming from Aguliar considering he's a bit sympathetic to the current board himself. Not all that surprised Romero took the bait and reported the news.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Don't buy the "crazy to come to Barca" part, if he was, he would have reined in Raiola and signed with us already. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

To me there is really nothing new from what Oriol Domenech said. De Ligt himself said yesterday he was going to take his time making his decision. If he was crazy about joining us it should have taken this long.

cant embed the tweet as it messes up the page but Francesc Aguilar said this:

"The family environment wants him at Barça. It is true that United was pulling him as a kid, but Matthijs de Ligt wants to accompany Frenkie de Jong in the new Barça project. Neither is it true that Mino Raiola does not talk to Barça. He does it with whom he must and has decision-making power"

I think its a case of, we improve our offer and De Ligt joins Barca. if he wanted the United move he would already be there with the money they offered. still think City are waaaaay too quiet when they are in need of a new CB leader

Don Andrésº8

like i said 1 week ago, this kid is a clever one, no one wants to be trained by a farmer called valverde so its obviou he wont join us, lolverde destroys the players, look coutinho look arthur, semedo many more

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Francesc Aguilar said someone intentionally planted negative news in regards to the De Ligt deal to rac1 to make Raiola look like the bad guy in case the deal doesn't happen.

This is pretty big coming from Aguliar considering he's a bit sympathetic to the current board himself. Not all that surprised Romero took the bait and reported the news.

What do you mean? You are referring to Romero's tweet that we are looking for alternatives?

This sounds too far-fetched to me. Did the club plant some sort of negative news to make Raiola look like the bad guy? If Raiola's demand is not blocking the deal, what is?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
cant embed the tweet as it messes up the page but Francesc Aguilar said this:

"The family environment wants him at Barça. It is true that United was pulling him as a kid, but Matthijs de Ligt wants to accompany Frenkie de Jong in the new Barça project. Neither is it true that Mino Raiola does not talk to Barça. He does it with whom he must and has decision-making power"

I think its a case of, we improve our offer and De Ligt joins Barca. if he wanted the United move he would already be there with the money they offered. still think City are waaaaay too quiet when they are in need of a new CB leader

So basically De Ligt and Raiola are waiting for us to improve our offer? What if we don't? Sport said that we are pretty firm on what we are offering to De Ligt as salary (the same terms we gave to De Jong) and I agree we should be. What makes it more confusing is Oriol Domenech allegedly said De Ligt has accepted the salary offer (see the tweet posted by gr98 above). So what is De Ligt waiting for? Waiting for us to cave in to Raiola's commission demand?

The whole thing looks so contradictory, if we believe everything these "reliable sources" have said.

Home of Barca Fans