Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3700

Thread: Matthijs de Ligt

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    nah, this is more likely Barca calling his bluff. alot of reports today suggest United are expecting him to sign with Barca.

maybe Juve or City are joining in? City have been strangely quiet since Kompanys exit
    That was yesterday actually, before his interview I believe. Many people automatically assumed that if he is not saying yes to Manchester United he is going to join us. However, he clearly said in the interview that he doesn't view joining us as "a dream" and "there is interest from many clubs" and he is going to take his time making his decision, he didn't even rule out staying one more season at Ajax. So clearly he isn't satisfied with what we offered him and he is waiting for better offers to come in, or one that satisfies his and Raiola's salary and commission demands, something we simply can't and won't accommodate and rightfully so. De Ligt also said that what matters to him the most is playing time, again something we can't guarantee and having disadvantages compared to say Juventus and City.

City is reportedly interested and could join the race, and ESPN commentator Marcotti said Raiola even offered him to Real Madrid. I think in the end he might end up at City. They have money, Pep and playing time.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    120 million + Semedo for Griezmann it is then...

Fear of the squat
    Fear of the squat
    I have a constant fear
    Valverde's here next year

Valverde after Copa defeat: "I'm fine.. but when you lose you are always worse than when you win."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    That was yesterday actually, before his interview I believe. Many people assumed that if he is not saying yes to Manchester United he is going to join us. However, he clearly said in the interview that he doesn't view joining us as "a dream" and "there is interest from many clubs" and he is going to take his time making his decision, so he clearly is waiting for better offers to come in, or one that satisfies his and Raiola's salary and commission demands, something we simply can't and won't accommodate and rightfully so. De Ligt also said that what matters to him the most is playing time, again something we can't guarantee and having disadvantages compared to say Juventus and City.

City is reportedly interested and could join the race, and ESPN commentator Marcotti said Raiola even offered him to Real Madrid. I think in the end he might end up at City. They have money, Pep and playing time.
    i think its becoming obvious Raiola is using United as a reference on what his client wants in terms of wages whilst he pimps him out to Europes elite. De Ligt will want a move to a CL team so hes waiting for one of Juve/Barca/City/Bayern to match or atleast come close to Uniteds offer.. otherwise he'd of already signed for United before international duty.

City is possible but i got a feeling Juve might throw everything at this now they got rid of Allegri

as for our interest, i think we are calling his bluff; take it or leave it and i like that. i hope for once Barto plays this smart
    Last edited by Givenchy; 27th May 2019 at 06:20 PM.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think its becoming obvious Raiola is using United as a reference on what his client wants in terms of wages whilst he pimps him out to Europes elite. De Ligt will want a move to a CL team so hes waiting for one of Juve/Barca/City/Bayern to match or atleast come close to Uniteds offer.. otherwise he'd of already signed for United before international duty.
    Sure, but everything has indicated that we will not up our offer so he is as good as gone, unless the likes of Juventus and City won't match ManU's offer either.

Like I said yesterday, I am more and more leaning towards not signing him because he clearly doesn't have a preference favoring us over other clubs. We are just one of the suitors and he doesn't mind joining us, money and playing time (where we lag behind our competitors) will decide everything. I might sound obnoxiously entitled and out-of-touch but I want us to sign a player who wants to join us because of our appeal, not someone who joins us because we offered the most money.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we dont get him. At least Frenkie wanted to come to Barca. De ligt straight up said that Barça is not his dream club. Wtf are you gonna do? Offer a 19 yo 20m a year? He can go to United and play in EL

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, but everything has indicated that we will not up our offer so he is as good as gone, unless the likes of Juventus and City won't match ManU's offer either.

Like I said yesterday, I am more and more leaning towards not signing him because he clearly doesn't have a preference favoring us other clubs. We are just one of the suitors and money and playing time (where we lag behind our competitors) will decide everything. I might sound obnoxiously entitled and out-of-touch but I want us to sign a player who wants to join us because of our appeal, not someone who joins us because we offered the most money.
    thats if the United offer is real in the first place or Raiola is manipulating the numbers. its a win-win situation for him either way

I feel the same btw and part of my excitement for him joining here was the idea he will be here the next decade but theres no chance of that happening. Frenkie is a different case. we could develop De Ligt for the next 2-3years only for Raiola to decide he needs another agents cut and it will be Neymar all over again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City are more likely to buy Maguire than de Ligt. Juve haven't been in the news at all in concerns to de Ligt, lately.

I still think this is all a ploy by Raiola to up the wages and money, and by Bartomeu to make it seem like he's the hero in all of this when the deal is officially done. Remember, Lorente is MD reporter, the board's mouthpiece. No other club has shown serious interest in de Ligt except us and United. And lets be real, does he really want to go from a UCL team to a Europa League team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus I feel like him and his fat agent already made the relationship between him and Barça uneasy. Even if we signed him wtf is he gonna say? "Ive always wanted to play for Barça" when it is obvious that he moves where the money js

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats if the United offer is real in the first place or Raiola is manipulating the numbers. its a win-win situation for him either way

I feel the same btw and part of my excitement for him joining here was the idea he will be here the next decade but theres no chance of that happening. Frenkie is a different case. we could develop De Ligt for the next 2-3years only for Raiola to decide he needs another agents cut and it will be Neymar all over again
    Even if Manchester United never offered the kind of crazy money that surfaced a couple of days ago, the likes of City and Juventus are well capable of offering more money than what we offered him and beat us to it. They just have to offer him more than what we did, I can totally see City doing that, plus promising playing time.

I have been on his hype train for a long time and I am one of his most ardent fans and advocates, wanting him to join us, I understand how important he could be for us in the next decade. But nobody is bigger than the club and we have to have principles in place so I am willing to part ways with him if he goes down that road.
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; 27th May 2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abbbs97 View Post
    City are more likely to buy Maguire than de Ligt. Juve haven't been in the news at all in concerns to de Ligt, lately.

I still think this is all a ploy by Raiola to up the wages and money, and by Bartomeu to make it seem like he's the hero in all of this when the deal is officially done. Remember, Lorente is MD reporter, the board's mouthpiece. No other club has shown serious interest in de Ligt except us and United. And lets be real, does he really want to go from a UCL team to a Europa League team?
    Unless they totally made it up both MD and Sport have long reportedly that Juventus and Bayern and possibly PSG were in the race getting him. Juventus for sure, they met with Ajax twice already trying to secure De Ligt. They might or might not have pulled out.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abbbs97 View Post

Ballague said Juve and Bayern were the other 2 teams interested a few days ago. Bayern a solid 3rd but Juve pretty close so who knows at this stage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless they totally made it up both MD and Sport have long reportedly that Juventus and Bayern and possibly PSG were in the race getting him. Juventus for sure, they met with Ajax twice already trying to secure De Ligt. They might or might not have pulled out.
    Ballague said Juve and Bayern were the other 2 teams interested a few days ago. Bayern a solid 3rd but Juve pretty close so who knows at this stage
    Juve met with Ajax way before us and they didnt come with an agreement. We met with Ajax in April and the deal was almost signed, as in the transfer fee was agreed upon, but then de Ligt's price rose after his performance vs Juve in the UCL so Raiola asked for more money so we delayed the deal until the end of the season for both teams. Now, more complications because Raiola wants more money.

I dont see Bayern paying 80m+ on a defender, when they already bought Lucas. I also dont see Juve affording his high wages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would he even want to join this shitshow of a team. Most of our players are living in the past glory.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post

BLA BLA BLA...he will be signed!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United offering 14m/y apparently
    Can't blame him, and can't blame barca for not offering bankrupcy money, he would be earning more than Pique at 19
    Money won I guess.