Matthijs de Ligt

Andrew M

i heard that he started to liking manu posts:lol: From a champions league team to a europe cup team. That choice would be hilarious. Atleast it will someone who wont stand in our way. They must have offered him the world like psg did in their prime:lol:

This just reads like sour grapes. Utd are just as big as us despite their current floundering.

Newcomer

With you, it seems that if a player doesn't sign for Barça he will irremediably waste his career.

Thankfully, all the players don't think like that or there would be no class player left for the other teams.

And we could say Malcom or Coutinho have wasted their career by signing at Barcelona. It goes both ways.

Anyway, i'm still convinced he will follow de Jong. There was the same tone of defeat in news just before the last offensive of Barcelona where they raised their offer at an higher level than what PSG had offered. I can see the same result in this case.

Givenchy

This just reads like sour grapes. Utd are just as big as us despite their current floundering.

not really. I got respect for Uniteds history and name but as of 2019, that is all they are currently.. history.

this move would be utterly ridiculous, totally money orientated and from what alot of us were told, De Ligt was supposed to be 'smart' a 'leader of men' yet at the first sign of big money hes willing to drop down from Ajax even.. playing CL semi finals to Europa league, careers are supposed to go forward not backwards, remember Ajax were in the final of the Europa league a few years back.

if he had joined Barca and 'worked hard' 'fought for his place' he'd be on that money by time hes 23.

sour grapes would be saying hes not the best CB talent and a potential generational talent; he is

Newcomer

not really. I got respect for Uniteds history and name but as of 2019, that is all they are currently.. history.

this move would be utterly ridiculous, totally money orientated and from what alot of us were told, De Ligt was supposed to be 'smart' a 'leader of men' yet at the first sign of big money hes willing to drop down from Ajax even.. playing CL semi finals to Europa league, careers are supposed to go forward not backwards, remember Ajax were in the final of the Europa league a few years back.

if he had joined Barca and 'worked hard' 'fought for his place' he'd be on that money by time hes 23.

sour grapes would be saying hes not the best CB talent and a potential generational talent; he is

On top of the money, de Jong showed he values his playing time a lot. He needed reassurance from Bartomeu than some players will leave to offer him what he desires.

Manchester United is in shambles in defence. He wouldn't even have to fight to get playing time. Maybe he is waiting for the same commitment from Barça who should show they will make place for him. And even then, Barça had to raise their offer for de Jong to match or go beyond their rivals.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If De Ligt wants to give up playing with Messi and his best friend De Jong and everything our club and the city of Barcelona offer for that listless club and the drab and gloomy city called Manchester simply because of money then there is nothing we can do.

We probably saved a lot of headache for future renewals though, my inner sour grape tells me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
With you, it seems that if a player doesn't sign for Barça he will irremediably waste his career.

Thankfully, all the players don't think like that or there would be no class player left for the other teams.

And we could say Malcom or Coutinho have wasted their career by signing at Barcelona. It goes both ways.

Anyway, i'm still convinced he will follow de Jong. There was the same tone of defeat in news just before the last offensive of Barcelona where they raised their offer at an higher level than what PSG had offered. I can see the same result in this case.

That's not what most of us here are saying. If Real Madrid, or Bayern, or City etc. come knocking it is hard to say no but Manchester United right now? Does anyone believe IF he goes there it is because he is attracted by the fact that he is going to be part of the so-called "rebuild"? We are simply question his desire to chase money and call it out as unwise.

Of course Barca is not the only club and there are plenty of good clubs out there where players can develop an excellent career and there are ample examples of such. We are not that bloated.

The Utd offer is far more attractive than people are giving it credit for. At Utd De Ligt will be the main man, star player, leader of which the new Utd will be built around. He will get paid 4-5m a year more , that's not peanuts. He gets to play where he prefers , in England. He gets to play every game and be the symbol of the resurgence of Utd. He gets to be adored by the fans (as there is no one else to adore) and he will probably only miss 1 year of CL. Not that bad of an offer all things considered.

Andrew M

I'd describe AC Milan as history, but Utd are still big players in the market.

Sure, if de Ligt has some childhood ambition of playing for us, as de Jong may have had, great. But if not then obviously salary comes into play. If Ajax could play him 10 ME a year he would probably be cool with staying there.

Newcomer

That's not what most of us here are saying. If Real Madrid, or Bayern, or City etc. come knocking it is hard to say no but Manchester United right now? Does anyone believe IF he goes there it is because he is attracted by the fact that he is going to be part of the so-called "rebuild"? We are simply question his desire to chase money and call it out as unwise.

Of course Barca is not the only club and there are plenty of good clubs out there where players can develop an excellent career and there are ample examples of such. We are not that bloated.

At Barça you have Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti.

Bayern has just bought Lucas for 80 M and have bought Pavard and they have Boateng, Hummels to sell before adding a new CB.

City could do with him because they let Kompany go and Otamendi is maybe on his way out.

However, at United, there is literally no one. He would be instant starter, star, main man. And he would get lot of money. Maybe he thinks he can have the same impact VVD had on Liverpool on the defensive side.

But the whole story is more about Barcelona than United. If Barcelona really wants him, they'll pay up and that is all. The stories about playing with Messi and all only are taken into account when their personal interest is satisfied : money and playing time.

Givenchy

At Barça you have Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti.

Bayern has just bought Lucas for 80 M and have bought Pavard and they have Boateng, Hummels to sell before adding a new CB.

City could do with him because they let Kompany go and Otamendi is maybe on his way out.

However, at United, there is literally no one. He would be instant starter, star, main man. And he would get lot of money. Maybe he thinks he can have the same impact VVD had on Liverpool on the defensive side.

But the whole story is more about Barcelona than United. If Barcelona really wants him, they'll pay up and that is all. The stories about playing with Messi and all only are taken into account when their personal interest is satisfied : money and playing time.

dude, Liverpool have arguably the best front 3 in the world and some solid midfield players. VvD, while amazing, was the missing piece. remember Liverpool reached a CL final the year before with most of the same players minus Allison and VVD.

City and Bayern won't pay the wages. City have a stable wage structure the last time i checked

at United, from what i've read from their fans, they need a new GK, RB, CB, CDM, herrera replacement, 2 wingers and a striker. unless De Ligt moving there triggers world class players lining up to join them, a CB isn't going to make that much difference. again, not trying to shit on United but thats the situation

there were rumours from De Ligt that he was willing to fight for his place here + Pique gave him a call in the last few days, i think he'd start at the expense of Lenglet

if he wants the money then thats fair enough. we (Barca) played our hand and we gotta take the L here, we missed out on what looks like the best CB talent of this generation but you cant go around giving 19 year olds those kind of wages

abbbs97

this reminds me of when we were all certain that De Jong would be going to PSG until Bartomeu went to Amsterdam and closed the deal.
I think this is the same thing, it'll just be done sometime after when Barca season ends. Its just Raiola driving up the fees and all.

Home of Barca Fans