Matthijs de Ligt

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No conceivable way he goes to United, this is merely Raiola tactics to squeeze every last Euro out of Bartomeu et al

Zidane82

Sport says some offers De Ligt received elsewhere almost doubled what we offered him. Not sure if they were referring to transfer fee or salary paid to De Ligt, most likely the latter.

It seems our only hope is that he will accept the lower offer from us. Not looking good.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...stic-as-final-de-ligt-decisions-nears-7467276

I understand that ManU are offering ridiculous wages / terms as they are desperate and have no CL to offer

Givenchy

the United links are manufactured by Raiola to put pressure on us, its so obvious. theres no way in hell De Ligt would throw his career away at this stage for money.

apparently Juve offered more than us and were willing to pay Raiola the full amount while we are hesitant. De Ligt doesn't seem the type to choose money right now though, the kid isn't stupid. the problem here isn't De Ligt, its Mino fucking Raiola as usual

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Doubt it was Manchester United that doubled our offer. They are not known for paying ridiculous wages as we are, Alexis was a fluke and a mistake and they realized it. They were even holding out on renewing De Gea because they didn’t want to pay him what he wanted, I can’t imagine that they will offer such a huge wage to a 19-year-old defender.

We pay the best wages in European football, period. So if someone doubles what our offer is, they have to be so desperate and crazy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
the United links are manufactured by Raiola to put pressure on us, its so obvious. theres no way in hell De Ligt would throw his career away at this stage for money.

apparently Juve offered more than us and were willing to pay Raiola the full amount while we are hesitant. De Ligt doesn't seem the type to choose money right now though, the kid isn't stupid. the problem here isn't De Ligt, its Mino fucking Raiola as usual

At the end of day an agent’s wish can’t overpower the will of his client. De Ligt can put an end to this soon if he wants to by insisting to sign with club XYZ. The fact he hasn’t done it speaks volumes. It is not just Raiola, it is De Ligt himself.

Andrew M

If de Ligt chooses Raiola as his agent it's because money is very important to his decision.

Andrew M

Doubt it was Manchester United that doubled our offer. They are not known for paying ridiculous wages as we are, Alexis was a fluke and a mistake and they realized it. They were even holding out on renewing De Gea because they didn’t want to pay him what he wanted, I can’t imagine that they will offer such a huge wage to a 19-year-old defender.

We pay the best wages in European football, period. So if someone doubles what our offer is, they have to be so desperate and crazy.

We pay the most overall, but our wage budget is seriously stretched, especially if Griezmann is coming in and no guarantee of off loading expensive contracts. I can totally see a team like Juve offering a better contract than us and it doesn't mean they are desperate.

abbbs97

I think he'll come here eventually and this is just Raiola's way to forcing more money from Barca, which we'll eventually pay.
Dont believe MD or Sport saying that other clubs are offering more than us, they just want to make Bartomeu seem like a hero when this deal is officially done. Just like the De Jong case.

Andrew M

That’s the strange thing ... De Ligt seems so intelligent and well advanced for his yet he’s gone with such an awful agent ..

That's just your opinion, though. Some would say the intelligent decision would be to take the biggest contract, especially if it is significantly bigger. In reality we probably offered a lower basic salary but the difference can be made up with bonuses.

Still, a footballer's career is short and you never no what the future can hold. He could get a serious injury and not play again in which case taking a bigger contract might have been better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We pay the most overall, but our wage budget is seriously stretched, especially if Griezmann is coming in and no guarantee of off loading expensive contracts. I can totally see a team like Juve offering a better contract than us and it doesn't mean they are desperate.

Well, if we believe what MD and Sport reported, we offered De Ligt the same terms we offered De Jong, which was rumored at 10m plus 6m in bonus tied to performance and titles won (Spanish media said it was net but I think it is gross), which means Juventus or somebody is offering him between 20m to possibly 32m a year. That is just too much and outlandish in my opinion.

What De Ligt should realize is, he has a long career ahead of him and if he plays up to his potential the chances of making more money are much bigger at Barca than at Juventus, Manchester United or Bayern etc. or anywhere else for that matter.

Home of Barca Fans