Matthijs de Ligt

RIZALDINHO

we should sign him he is a good defender, he is only 18 years old and he will get better in the future. we can sign him for 50m that a bargin in today's market. pique will need to be replaced weh he retires. de Lgt is the perfect defender to replace him

BarçaBarça

Modrić and Isco were also Barça fans so this doesn't mean much. What's important is if De Ligt thinks moving to Barça is the right/best move for him at this moment.

It seems like it doesn't means much when they are Barca-fans - then they want to make smart decision or play for Madrid, while Madridistas like Ceballos happily makes a move where he is certain to ride the bench..

Joan

It seems like it doesn't means much when they are Barca-fans - then they want to make smart decision or play for Madrid, while Madridistas like Ceballos happily makes a move where he is certain to ride the bench..
Madridistas not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

I'm surprised. :coffee:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think he's a do or die target for us but man I would kill to have him here. He looks truly legit. Look at all that he has done by the age of 18:

Db9qZv8X4AI6J6y.jpg:large

Not only that but was one of the best players in the Europa League final against United aged 17. Since then he looks like he's put on some weight and has a robust frame for a CB. 1.88m tall and strong, amazing game intelligence and passing ability, excelled and stood out (especially for his youth) at every single level he's progressed at. That's the hallmark of a legit talent with WC potential. Not to mention his leadership ability becoming Ajax captain at fucking 18 years old and holding his own leading the entire defensive line while playing next to a false CB.

I think 100m for De Jong and De Ligt both would be an awesome deal, and frankly I can't see us getting such favorable prices next summer. We'll see though.

Last edited:

FC433

I have said that before, he is not just good, he is one of those that comes once in a decade. The perfect replacement for Pique, similar style and kind of character. Unfortunately, I cannot see us getting him and I hope Madrid is not targeting him because they need a CB.

Mina should get us 30m and Marlon about 10m that is 40m. Add 20m extra and get him.

+ with CL appearance this season his price will skyrocket.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I love Pique, but he has to look at himself in the mirror and improve his play. His business ventures are great, but his footballing career should be a priority for him right now as well.

If he has another disappointing season then we have something to think about.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Just scored vs Standard Liege. Having a really imposing performance too, he's a beast in literally every way at 18 years old.

Umtiti-De Ligt seriously has the potential to be an all time CB pairing. We have to take that chance.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Umtiti has a way to go. Pique when joined was even more of a beast in his first seasons.

Both are left footed too.

Pepe Silvia

Umtiti ceiling is the highest of young ball playing CBs out there for me, but he is susceptible to believing his own hype. Needs to become a robot.

Haven't seen any of de Ligt but about to watch some highlight vids and will check out next Ajax game. I actually was watching Ajax at the weekend and was looking for de Jong but forgot about de Ligt!

FCBfan22

De Ligt pocketed Ronaldo in Portugal - Netherlands match, like he hasn't been pocketed for a very long time.

Incredible player.

Andrew M

Umtiti ceiling is the highest of young ball playing CBs out there for me, but he is susceptible to believing his own hype. Needs to become a robot.

Haven't seen any of de Ligt but about to watch some highlight vids and will check out next Ajax game. I actually was watching Ajax at the weekend and was looking for de Jong but forgot about de Ligt!

Varane is better than Umtiti, though

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Very solid again tonight and a massive aerial threat aswell. Hopefully Barca make him top priority next year.

Home of Barca Fans