Matthijs de Ligt

Marchisio8

Banned
You know why Mandzukic is ahead of Dybala? Not only because of he is hardworking and runs more than anyone on the pitch, but because he draws atleast 2-3 players to him every freaking match, allowing Ronaldo and Bernadeschi/Cuadrado/Douglas Costa with so much space on either side.

Call me god, I know my stuff

Devils

[tw]1116655653345538049[/tw]

Ain't no way Bayern paying that much for another defender after they bought Hernandez.

Looks like he's all set for Barca, dawg.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why his transfer to Barca is progressing so slow while FdJ's went so fast?

It could be because of a slew of things:

- He has not made up his mind as to where he wants to go
- The clubs interested in him might not have reached an agreement yet with Ajax on the transfer fee
- The clubs might not have reached a personal agreement with De Ligt and Raiola on salary and all the fees stuff
- De Ligt wants to avoid any distraction while fighting for Ajax in both the league and the CL

Once Ajax gets eliminated from the CL (and I think they will), things might gain some traction.

VN10

Why his transfer to Barca is progressing so slow while FdJ's went so fast?

They are discussing the ratio between direct payments and future payments.

I can imagine Ajax wants most of the millions directly wired to their bank account, rather than spread over 12-48 months. Also because Spanish clubs are not really strict with their payments.
And I can also imagine Barca wants a spread payment mostly, since they are anticipating future transfers of Rakitic, Gomes and so on.

So they are probably involved in financial negotiations on club level, cause De Ligt and Barca already have an agreement apparently.

Last edited:

FC B

It could be because of a slew of things:

- He has not made up his mind as to where he wants to go
- The clubs interested in him might not have reached an agreement yet with Ajax on the transfer fee
- The clubs might not have reached a personal agreement with De Ligt and Raiola on salary and all the fees stuff
- De Ligt wants to avoid any distraction while fighting for Ajax in both the league and the CL

Once Ajax gets eliminated from the CL (and I think they will), things might gain some traction.

Sure, lots of posibilities but very few certainties if one...
Also de jong wanted his situation sorted by the winter transfer window.
de ligt hasn't shown any hurry.

It seems now Barca and Bayern are the most intereseted in him, imo he's not certainly comming here after the last rumours and what ten Hag said about his imminent departure in the summer.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Also de jong wanted his situation sorted by the winter transfer window.
de ligt hasn't shown any hurry.

I thought de ligt specificialy said he did not want to entertain other possibilities until after the season was over, stay focused on ajax than decide on his future in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans