Matthijs de Ligt

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Has a very similar profile to Pique.

Rumors are circulating today that Barca might invest 90M into purchasing both de Jong and him. I'd love it.

FC433

I absolutely would love to see him. He is too good to let go. Such talent does not come often, and I believe he is worth the risk of spending up to 70m.

De Ligt - Arthur - Martial are my targets and maybe one more CM should be enough in this window.

Joan

I absolutely would love to see him. He is too good to let go. Such talent does not come often, and I believe he is worth the risk of spending up to 70m.

De Ligt - Arthur - Martial are my targets and maybe one more CM should be enough in this window.

We might win the CL in 2020 maybe if that turns out right. :lol:

Donatello

It would be, 40 million for De jong, 50 millon for de ligt, 50 milion for Martial = at least 140M (may be more)

Its all of our transfer budget, maybe more.

But yeah De Ligt and De jong for sure, for martial it depends on for what role are we signing. If its as a Paco replacement, then its a good choice.

Agreed De Ligt may fail, but its a jackpot if he turns good. Its a risk worth taking for 50M.

Last edited:

Messi983

He with De Jong will cost 80-90m, both are very good and we can afford these 90m from sales only

The most important question here is not whether we can afford to buy them but if they really want to play for Barça. I can see this being the case with De Jong who seems crazy about coming here but I don't get the same vibe with De Ligt. Didn't he said his goal is to play in EPL? Would he want to come here knowing that he'd most likely have limited playing time for at least a year or two behind Pique and maybe even Lenglet if he'll prove himself capable playing as RCB in pair with Umtiti?

It's easy to say we should buy this and that player but in the end it all depends on players wishes. And some players just prefer to go to other clubs for different reasons. De Ligt just might be one of them so if in the end he'll end in another club it won't mean "our stupid board" didn't want him or try to sign him.

Raketa10

The most important question here is not whether we can afford to buy them but if they really want to play for Barça. I can see this being the case with De Jong who seems crazy about coming here but I don't get the same vibe with De Ligt. Didn't he said his goal is to play in EPL? Would he want to come here knowing that he'd most likely have limited playing time for at least a year or two behind Pique and maybe even Lenglet if he'll prove himself capable playing as RCB in pair with Umtiti?

It's easy to say we should buy this and that player but in the end it all depends on players wishes. And some players just prefer to go to other clubs for different reasons. De Ligt just might be one of them so if in the end he'll end in another club it won't mean "our stupid board" didn't want him or try to sign him.

De Jong is a Barca fan but I am not sure this is the case with De Ligt.

Messi983

De Jong is a Barca fan but I am not sure this is the case with De Ligt.

Modrić and Isco were also Barça fans so this doesn't mean much. What's important is if De Ligt thinks moving to Barça is the right/best move for him at this moment.

Home of Barca Fans