Matthijs de Ligt

malvolio

DZSKegGUQAIx0Ix.jpg

tapping up game is strong

we should wrap the transfer before the juve tie and ask de ligt to eliminate them. it worked a treat with de jong and real :p

Andresito

Staff member
If I were Liverpool I would pay for him and Allan from Napoli.

Alisson; Alexander Arnold, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Allan, Keitá; Mané, Firmino e Salah;

What a Team!

Keita hasn't lived up to the expectations. He's gone either this summer or the next unless he improves a lot.

Liverpool need a WC midfielder. Rakitic would fit in nicely and his experience would come in handy.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If we really go for de Ligt, he will come. Due to the special connection between Ajax and Barca every other club has a disadvantage in that regard.

Zidane82

If I were Liverpool I would pay for him and Allan from Napoli.

Alisson; Alexander Arnold, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Allan, Keitá; Mané, Firmino e Salah;

What a Team!

We need De Ligt more than Liverpool .. they already have Gomez to partner DVD

Zidane82

Keita hasn't lived up to the expectations. He's gone either this summer or the next unless he improves a lot.

Liverpool need a WC midfielder. Rakitic would fit in nicely and his experience would come in handy.

Liverpool have about 6 or 7 midfielders that are more effective than Raki especially in their pressing game . The game would pass him by more than it does already in La Liga ..

Zidane82

If we really go for de Ligt, he will come. Due to the special connection between Ajax and Barca every other club has a disadvantage in that regard.
That’s a decent point .. I’ve read that they’re supposedly inseparable so that suggests we will get him .

Wonder why we didn’t just do a double deal to get them both at the same time ??

Sorin

Imagine Rakitic in Liverpool's high octane game.
full

Rakitic would be suited for the game in Italy, alas everyone in Seria A would pay a bag of chips at best for him.

Zidane82

:lol::lol: they don't even have 6 or 7 midfielders
You’re right ... it’s EIGHT
Fabinho
Keita
Wijnaldum
Henderson
Milner
Lallana
Oxlade Chamberlain

There’s also young Alexander-Arnold who’s at RB / right wing-back currently but sees his future in midfield

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

You’re right ... it’s EIGHT
Fabinho
Keita
Wijnaldum
Henderson
Milner
Lallana
Oxlade Chamberlain

There’s also young Alexander-Arnold who’s at RB / right wing-back currently but sees his future in midfield

Quite honestly Rakitic is better than all of them, with the possible exceptions of Gini and the emerging/becoming more consistent Fabinho, where you might call them more of less equal though each has some stronger attributes than the other.

If you think Hendo, Keita, Milner & Lallana are better midfielders than Rakitic right now I have a bridge in the desert to sell you.

Finally, Liverpool's midfielder are asked to press very little this year, Klopp is playing them differently. They would likley not have an interest in Rakitic because they are only moving for young or in their prime players (sub 27 typically)--but Rakitic would start and give them more technique and composure in their midfield no question.

gregorrin10

That’s a decent point .. I’ve read that they’re supposedly inseparable so that suggests we will get him .

Wonder why we didn’t just do a double deal to get them both at the same time ??

Because FDJ made it clear in November/December, that he'll be leaving Ajax at the end of the season, and he wanted his future sorted out in January already, while De Ligt never ruled out even staying at Ajax for another year, but definitely didn't want to rush to a decision in the winter. Plus there's the Raiola factor, which makes things more difficult with MDL.

Home of Barca Fans