Matthijs de Ligt

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Say he comes. When does he get playing time? Pique has shown us he still has it, Lenglet is very good and Umtiti is about to gain form. We have arguably three world class CBs in our squad already. I think it only makes sense if Umtiti's knee continues to hurt and we sell him, which is very unlikely at this point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I read he hasn't ruled out staying another season at Ajax, I didn't know that. Would you guys do a deal with Ajax this year to sign him next summer? Pique has signalled he won't play for too long.

Nothanks

Ideally buy now, loan to ajax another season

Pique wont be staying in the game that long, we'll get better perspective on umtiti's injury and we also find out if todibo is legit or not.

Leo_Messi

Can't see the point of de Ligt staying in Ajax for another season as it would be a complete and utter waste. The Eredivisie is of an incredibly poor level and the top dogs (Ajax and PSV) are barely tested throughout a season. De Ligt has already far outgrown and outperformed such a league. As evident of his performances in the CL and the NT so far.

This Ajax team will be picked apart this summer and they likely won't have a such good CL run in years. No coincidence that their last good run in the CL came some 15 years ago when they had a similar level of talent at their hands.

Anyway wrote it some months ago but I have no doubt that de Ligt will be a Barça player from next season on as long as Bartomeu and the board are in for a CB.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Say he comes. When does he get playing time? Pique has shown us he still has it, Lenglet is very good and Umtiti is about to gain form. We have arguably three world class CBs in our squad already. I think it only makes sense if Umtiti's knee continues to hurt and we sell him, which is very unlikely at this point.

Why not three at the back .. Pique De Ligt Lenglet

serghei

We can find room for him. When there's a will from the manager there's a way. We can even play 3 at the back at times against some opponents. Injuries will happen, suspensions. This is not just an ordinary talent. Kid is a born star and a leader.

I'd rather stick with Suarez and Messi up top and sort everything around them.

Don't see anyone else worth buying tbh. No top rightback, not clear Suarez replacement. I'd say sign De Ligt this summer and that's the squad we need for next season.

Last edited:

Nothanks

we most certainly need a leftback substitute and potential alba and suarez replacement before we need de ligt, given our squad.

doesn't matter if there are no suitable replacements considering the current replacements are far below par.

khaled_a_d

I read he hasn't ruled out staying another season at Ajax

There seem to be hesitation from many clubs to meet their financial demands. City aren't highly interested, neither is PSG. Liverpool aren't desperate to pay huge sum for him now when they seem to want a new 9 and AM. Even Barca could pass on him if they like Todibo and comfortable with Umtiti's health. Needless to say Juve, Bayern & Atletico won't put 70M for him. All are having other cheaper alternatives.
I think by saying his, he simply doesn't want to force his way out until Ajax get what they want and ready to sell him. If we or other club met their financial demands I don't think he stays.

Magyarkhan

I don't think they have that much money.

Even if they did, they would rather reinforce their midfield, which they know as well. And also the fact that they won't spend close to 80M on a 19 y.o defender.

Its basically us, Psg or Utd.

Stop this debate guys. I am from Holland, we all know here already he ends up in Barca.

He loves Frenkie and likes to play with Frenkie at his next club -> Frenkie is at Barca
Like Frenkie he states Messi is da best -> Messi is at Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Stop this debate guys. I am from Holland, we all know here already he ends up in Barca.

He loves Frenkie and likes to play with Frenkie at his next club -> Frenkie is at Barca
Like Frenkie he states Messi is da best -> Messi is at Barca

We'd love that but our cbs are in good form and Umtiti is getting back. Would be very hard to fit all and then there is the price.

I'd let him stay at Ajax for another year while we see if Umtiti will get back and what happens with Pique.

Ajax

He needs to make a transfer. With a bit of bad luck we dont even play CL next year and if we do it will be with a picked apart squad. He needs a more challenging league for sure

Not that i want him to leave

Campos

He needs to make a transfer. With a bit of bad luck we dont even play CL next year and if we do it will be with a picked apart squad. He needs a more challenging league for sure

Not that i want him to leave

Unfortunately that's the cruel reality
Ajax can't build for a few years on the same team

1-2 good seasons. And most of the squad wil leave.

But ya, De Ligt is too good for the Eredivisie. He's also too good to be on the bench (at a top tier club). And at this age he needs to play regularly.

What clubs can guarantee him a starting spot ?

Juve defense is getting old (+30) and Man United has a pretty weak defence imo. Maybe Liverpool ? Gomez is an injury prone. And imagine De Ligt playing next to van Dijk on a weekly basis. That would be a killer defensive duo.

Barca would fit him perfectly (Ajax and Barca basically plays the same football). But i don't think Barca can guarantee him a starting spot.
So i'm really curious where he will play next season.

Porque

We'd love that but our cbs are in good form and Umtiti is getting back. Would be very hard to fit all and then there is the price.

I'd let him stay at Ajax for another year while we see if Umtiti will get back and what happens with Pique.

I come to the conclusion with De Ligt, that if the window of opportunity for him is this summer. Then take him. Pique is 32, he is in fantastic form (probably his best form for a couple of season) but he is not going to be around forever.

It gives us a season to season and a half to transition to De Ligt taking over Pique, and the best way to do that is playing with Pique.

Look at it another way. Pique is only going to be taking a greater focus in his business endeavours as he gets older. Vissel Kobe are owned by Rakuten who have Iniesta+Villa plus are our shirt sponsor thanks to Pique's intermediary. There is a likelihood that Pique will move there whenever De Ligt is fully adapted.

Home of Barca Fans