Matthijs de Ligt

Sorin

Where did you read that, I am saying De Ligt won't have Ronaldo on his pocket, because De Ligt won't be marking Ronaldo in the first place, De Ligt will be focusing on Mandzukic and while Ronaldo will be facing Ajax's LB or RB, since he likes to switch wing in his matches.

Still, the nature of their position will make them face each other at times and if De Ligt can restrain him in those moments then he'd have done his job.

Campos

Make Cronaldo your bitch dawg and don't let him score easy headers like Bottletico.

Ronaldo is pretty much unbeatable in the air. Ajax will play very high pressure.
Juve has problems with teams like this. Saw it against Atalanta.

But they have enough experience to finish the job. Most of their players are around 30. So it shouldn't be be a big problem.
But if Ajax has some luck, you never know what may happen. They wil attack (from min 1 to min 90), and create chances. And to be honest Szczesny isn't the best keeper.

So it will be an entertainment game to watch. Too bad, Barca and Ajax play on the same day.

Andresito

Staff member
Juve is a classic club but he's too young to have experienced that.

Sure they have Ronaldo but there isn't much else that appeals to young players like de Ligt.

Free players like Ramsey and Emre Can plus an average team with a great defence surely can't be very convincing.

Givenchy

De Ligt is an ambitious player.. why would he join Ligue1/Serie A type leagues? win 9 titles in a row with Juve unchallenged?

PL or la liga is where he'll end up. Frenkie is the key to bringing him here so relax

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De Ligt is an ambitious player.. why would he join Ligue1/Serie A type leagues? win 9 titles in a row with Juve unchallenged?

PL or la liga is where he'll end up. Frenkie is the key to bringing him here so relax

I think Juventus' biggest appeal is that they might have more of a dire need to replace their aging defenders such as Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzagli with De Ligt than us, especially if Umtiti can go on. All of their CB's are well over 30 if I am not mistaken.

Donatello

I think Juventus' biggest appeal is that they might have more of a dire need to replace their aging defenders such as Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzagli with De Ligt than us, especially if Umtiti can go on. All of their CB's are well over 30 if I am not mistaken.

I don't think they have that much money.

Even if they did, they would rather reinforce their midfield, which they know as well. And also the fact that they won't spend close to 80M on a 19 y.o defender.

Its basically us, Psg or Utd.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Even if they did, they would rather reinforce their midfield, which they know as well. And also the fact that they won't spend close to 80M on a 19 y.o defender.

Its basically us, Psg or Utd.

They have money. They sold 200m worth of bonds recently.

mia7007

Barcelona is attractive more than Juve, good history of Dutch players in Barca as well as FDJ one of his friends is with us. Also playing with Messi is another extra and we can promise him he will replace Pique same that they will do to promise to replace Bonucci.
If we are serious and start talks now, we can close the deal soon

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona is attractive more than Juve, good history of Dutch players in Barca as well as FDJ one of his friends is with us. Also playing with Messi is another extra and we can promise him he will replace Pique same that they will do to promise to replace Bonucci.
If we are serious and start talks now, we can close the deal soon

There is no doubt we have better appeal than Juventus to the average footballer and I don’t doubt that De Ligt prefers us like De Jong did. However, if we remain inactive or take things for granted there is no guarantee he won’t choose another team. Not everyone will wait till the last minute to wait for our phone call and offer or in De Jong’s case, Bartomeu to come over in person. We know that De Jong was ready to sign with PSG until Bartomeu came over.

We simply can’t remain inactive and indesicive and keep believing he wants to join us.

Givenchy

There is no doubt we have better appeal than Juventus to the average footballer and I don’t doubt that De Ligt prefers us like De Jong did. However, if we remain inactive or take things for granted there is no guarantee he won’t choose another team. Not everyone will wait till the last minute to wait for our phone call and offer or in De Jong’s case, Bartomeu to come over in person. We know that De Jong was ready to sign with PSG until Bartomeu came over.

We simply can’t remain inactive and indesicive and keep believing he wants to join us.

i think we probably have a deal in place, atleast with De Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i think we probably have a deal in place, atleast with De Ligt

I don’t know, from what Bartomeu said earlier this month he is “on the table” and we had not finalized assessing our needs and targets yet.

I just hope that we will turn things around quicker and not let others get ahead of us.

Givenchy

I don’t know, from what Bartomeu said earlier this month he is “on the table” and we had not finalized assessing our needs and targets yet.

I just hope that we will turn things around quicker and not let others get ahead of us.

yeah you could be right.. especially the fee involved. i just feel if we were there to talk about Frenkie, surely the topic of De Ligt came up.

i think its a case of; if we want him, we'll get him. sounds arrogant but even under EV i cant see any player turning down the chance to play here. ofcourse Barto could fuck this up.. you never know :lol:

Marchisio8

Banned

"Think" is the keyword here.

they would rather reinforce their midfield, which they know as well. And also the fact that they won't spend close to 80M on a 19 y.o defender.

True, however it's possible to buy both a midfielder and defender on the same transfer window.

Fact? There is no fact, these are you own words and Juve have stranger transfers than that.

Home of Barca Fans