Matthijs de Ligt

Marchisio8

Banned
Why not? Has CRonaldo never been stopped or what?

You know why Mandzukic is ahead of Dybala? Not only because of he is hardworking and runs more than anyone on the pitch, but because he draws atleast 2-3 players to him every freaking match, allowing Ronaldo and Bernadeschi/Cuadrado/Douglas Costa with so much space on either side.

Sorin

managed 2 goals vs Barca from 07-08 to 11-12. In 10 games. :lol::lol:

pique and puyol knew how to calma calma him.

it's a shame scared merchants like juanfran ship goals.

I know, and even after that, there are multiple matches where Pique or Alves were taking turns in stopping him.

The only period where he scored at will against us is after Pep left us and Lucho came but sporadically after that.

That's why possession based team have the best chance of reducing CRonaldo's impact. If he doesn't get the balls close to the opponent box he's useless as shit. Hopefully Ajax are prepared to limit the time Juve have on the ball.

You know why Mandzukic is ahead of Dybala? Not only because of he is hardworking and runs more than anyone on the pitch, but because he draws atleast 2-3 players to him every freaking match, allowing Ronaldo and Bernadeschi/Cuadrado/Douglas Costa with so much space on either side.

So? You know how many RM players needed to be double teamed over the years? A lot more than what you guys have let me assure you of that. We still stopped CRonaldo lots of times.

Last edited:

Marchisio8

Banned
I know, and even after that, there are multiple matches where Pique or Alves were taking turns in stopping him.

The only period where he scored at will against us is after Pep left us and Lucho came but sporadically after that.

That's why possession based team have the best chance of reducing CRonaldo's impact. If he doesn't get the balls close to the opponent box he's useless as shit. Hopefully Ajax are prepared to limit the time Juve have on the ball.

So? You know how many RM players needed to be double teamed over the years? A lot more than what you guys have let me assure you of that. We still stopped CRonaldo lots of times.

Okay thats great, but you are comparing two different clubs with two different coaches with two different tactics and two different roles.

Last edited:

Marchisio8

Banned
He did

Netherlands vs Portugal

Had Ronaldo in his pocket. :)

BTW De Ligt will be suspended when he receive a yellow card. So will be a tough challenge for him. But if he can keep CR7 from scoring.
Barto will be a happy man.

I don't know why people assume that Portugal, Juve and RM all run the same tactics.

Sorin

Okay thats great, but you are comparing two different clubs with two different coaches with two different tactics and two different roles.

So are you saying that since he is at Juve he didn't get stopped or what?

The obvious point I was making was that he has been stopped before. Every damn player has been stopped at some point in their career. Be it Messi, CRonaldo, Pele, Maradona you name it.

You saying that he won't be against DeLigt/AJax doesn't make it any less true that there were times that even lesser defending players than De Ligt have reduced him to a part role. Maybe he won't be stopped but it has happened before that's for damn sure.

Marchisio8

Banned
So are you saying that since he is at Juve he didn't get stopped or what?

The obvious point I was making was that he has been stopped before. Every damn player has been stopped at some point in their career. Be it Messi, CRonaldo, Pele, Maradona you name it.

You saying that he won't be against DeLigt/AJax doesn't make it any less true that there were times that even lesser defending players than De Ligt have reduced him to a part role. Maybe he won't be stopped but it has happened before that's for damn sure.

Where did you read that, I am saying De Ligt won't have Ronaldo on his pocket, because De Ligt won't be marking Ronaldo in the first place, De Ligt will be focusing on Mandzukic and while Ronaldo will be facing Ajax's LB or RB, since he likes to switch wing in his matches.

Home of Barca Fans