Adria Capdevila

messi1995

Tell me more about this guy. someone told me that he's an intelligent midfielder who reads the game well. Is he a central midfielder?

navidjaan

What you can expect from a La Masia central midfielder. Good on the ball and all that, but he's also a natural born leader, which is promising. Great attitude.

messi1995

This is why I'm not scared about the future. So many talented players we have in la masia. Another la masia Midfielder with a brilliand mind.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HqJ4pKA1-WA

I don't care if Real sign good players because we can make players from la masia and they will become way better than Madrid's signings.

Nothanks

hes 13....
right now idc how many videos of him pop out, my expectations of this kid is that we'll forget about him in 2 years

messi1995

Forget about him? I will never forget about any intelligent and world class la masia talents. I want more la masia talents on the first team and I'll wait and see if Capdevilla is one of them in the future.

Nothanks

la masia is overhyped so much

where is the generation of 1996-1998 kids??
only one in those two years worth talking about is alena lol and even then we don't even know if he'll make it

khaled_a_d

la masia is overhyped so much

where is the generation of 1996-1998 kids??
only one in those two years worth talking about is alena lol and even then we don't even know if he'll make it

While I agree it is over hyped, Cucu seem to have 1st team potential too, and if you added 1995 then you have Sandro who was doing well in Malaga, Keita Balde who is on his way to Juve and Bellerin who is starting RB in Arsenal

hulinat

Grimaldo could be a starter for us right now had Lucho given him even one fucking chance with the 1st team but nah. Another one is Samper who has everything it takes to succeed here but unfortunately our midfield is stacked with useless shits who are holding him back.

Nothanks

I don't think grimaldo is anywhere near better than jordi alba now lol

idk we've gone from the class of 87/88
which includes Busquets, Messi, Pique, Cesc, Pedro to what.. alena and cucu? sando a few years off?

la masia hit a golden generation and now is stale i'm tired of hearing about the next X like samper was supposed to be starting now if we listen to the hype from 4 years ago and yet he can barely start for Granada
or that korean kid everyone talked about who the club wants to sell

tacticvarium

Some people especially those who are related to @Youngcules, tend to overhype every single kids from every generation but La Masia is never overhyped. It's never wrong to appreciate the value of La Masia. It is not just a means of supplying young players to the first team, but also a framework for the club to recognize and maintain the philosophy of the team.
Whether a certain age group is considered so-called golden generation or not, it's pretty natural that only few kids reach the first team and even fewer players become part of the first team for a longer term. And success will not of course, repeat every generation. Learn about Barça's philosophy and how the football world works before making such ignorant claims.

Nothanks

La masia fails if one of two things aren't met

1) X youth player makes it to the first 18 and can be relied on to make even the slightest impacts I.E sergi roberto in lucho's first/second season or bartra before he was sold
2) we sell for profit like real madrid do.

we've failed so far with 1), our youngest youth players are deulofeu(23) and sergi roberto (25) with the only real prospect being carles alena and cucu who both still are unproven and not even in first team (samper, munir wanting to be sold and not depended on)

and we have failed with 2), in the last three summers we've sold off pedro, deulofeu, sandro, montoya, tello, and bartra all for a grand total of 45m€ (only counting la masia graduates)
to compare real madrid made almost double that number by just selling jese after huge injuries and morata not even counting the others like llorente or diaz

training failed kids our philosophy doesn't get us cash or trophies so who cares about that, call me ignorant i don't care but these are the facts.

God Serena

La masia fails if one of two things aren't met

1) X youth player makes it to the first 18 and can be relied on to make even the slightest impacts I.E sergi roberto in lucho's first/second season or bartra before he was sold
2) we sell for profit like real madrid do.

we've failed so far with 1), our youngest youth players are deulofeu(23) and sergi roberto (25) with the only real prospect being carles alena and cucu who both still are unproven and not even in first team (samper, munir wanting to be sold and not depended on)

and we have failed with 2), in the last three summers we've sold off pedro, deulofeu, sandro, montoya, tello, and bartra all for a grand total of 45m€ (only counting la masia graduates)
to compare real madrid made almost double that number by just selling jese after huge injuries and morata not even counting the others like llorente or diaz

training failed kids our philosophy doesn't get us cash or trophies so who cares about that, call me ignorant i don't care but these are the facts.

Alena, Cucu, Busquets, Palencia, Perez, and Bueno are all La Masia talents who are good prospects with the likes of Marlon and Vitinho being good young purchases for the B team. Our inability to sell for profit is more due to terrible transfer policy, as overall if you count all our sales of players we no longer need our numbers are more disappointing than most teams in general.

Home of Barca Fans