Is it true Barca/Catalyunia is a left wing club/region?

Visca_Barca

Being a die hard conservative who supports Gun rights, low taxes, anti-social services, traditional values etc... It seems that Barca is a almost communist like club. Dating back to the civil war when Catalyunia became left wing extremist rebels tried to take over Spain but failed and now they are always raging about independence and free healthcare. Barcelona is a very pro gay touchy felly like club while Real Madrid is a conservative club that symbolizes traditional nationalism , bull fights, matadors etc. being someone who's grandfather has facist Italien roots am I welcome here? Or am I just percieving things wrong and Barca and Catalyunia is no more left wing than others?:barcascarf:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Being a die hard conservative who supports Gun rights, low taxes, anti-social services, traditional values etc... It seems that Barca is a almost communist like club. Dating back to the civil war when Catalyunia became left wing extremist rebels tried to take over Spain but failed and now they are always raging about independence and free healthcare. Barcelona is a very pro gay touchy felly like club while Real Madrid is a conservative club that symbolizes traditional nationalism , bull fights, matadors etc. being someone who's grandfather has facist Italien roots am I welcome here? Or am I just percieving things wrong and Barca and Catalyunia is no more left wing than others?:barcascarf:

It is true there's a strong leftist history but I don't see why it should concern us as football fans.

I think of myself as conservative. Not false conservative like globalist leaders Merkel or Maricon but that doesn't stop me from enjoying Barca football.

BarcaOG

Banned
of course barca is left wing: it is an anti-centralizing, pro-minority club that departs in fundamental ways from the traditions of castille. to say nothing about its history durng the civil war and the franco period.

by the way, during the civil war catalunya did not become a hotbed for 'extremist rebels trying to take over spain'. It was Franco and the fascists who had overturned the Republic and then seized the country.

that said, don't fuss about it. this sort of thing only matters for catalan nationalists--most international fans (and that is probably 99% of this forum) are attracted to the club's football style and history.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's not about being left-wing or right-wing, if you're a cool dude you will be welcome here (or almost anywhere for that matter)... There will be disagreements obviously, but don't take that personally and you'll be just fine...

kilian

This is the weirdest post I have seen in this forum. Why do you even feel the need to advertise your political views? No one cares about what you support in your home country, this is a football forum.

Home of Barca Fans