User Tag List

View Poll Results: If you had an option to buy only one midfielder for the next season who would it be?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coutinho

19 22.89%
  • B. Silva

7 8.43%
  • Fabinho

2 2.41%
  • Naby Keita

8 9.64%
  • Christian Eriksen

22 26.51%
  • Koke

9 10.84%
  • Other (who?)

16 19.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had an option to buy only one midfielder for the next season who would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had an option to buy only one midfielder for the next season who would it be?

Write the name of the midfielder you would buy for 2017/18 season. Also take in consideration that we all want Verratti but he is unavailable so try to choose between some realistic options.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 23rd May 2017 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Naby Keita
    2. Tolisso
    3. Seri
    4. Fornals

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me i would go 100% for Seri

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva of those mentioned. Haven't seen the Keita fellow enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koke. Followed by Coutinho and Silva. Seri 4th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva, then Coutinho or Seri
    2014-2015 TRIPL3T! Visca Barca!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with every African player is that he will be on Cup of Nations every second year during important part of the season...

Official Lyon representative
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silva, Serri.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone actually watched a lot of Seri and think he is good enough or just picking a name linked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone watched enough of Monaco to form an impression on Silva?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Keita and Seri are fairly short (5' 7'' and 5' 8''). I know midfielders aren't historically the tallest of players, but wouldn't it be nice if we could add a bit of height to our team?

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weloveyuner View Post
    Also, Keita and Seri are fairly short (5' 7'' and 5' 8''). I know midfielders aren't historically the tallest of players, but wouldn't it be nice if we could add a bit of height to our team?
    Where to add? Our starting 11 this season was quite tall already. Umtiti, Pique, Roberto, Busi, Raki, Ney and Suarez are not the smallest players. If anything, a tall midfield of Busi-Raki-Gomes was too slow and immobile. Height does not mean much in football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weloveyuner View Post
    We ruled the world football with midgets. Shorter players are technically better (exception Zlatan), way more agile which is an advantage when the room in midfield is tight. This is La Liga, not PL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    We ruled the world football with midgets. Shorter players are technically better (exception Zlatan), way more agile which is an advantage when the room in midfield is tight. This is La Liga, not PL.
    Ronaldo and Rivaldo were both tall and technically gifted. Cr7 is also very gifted player specially in his younger years
    Tbh I won't put too much emphasis on height in either way, you obviously need some height specially in defense but we already got that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Ronaldo and Rivaldo were both tall and technically gifted. Cr7 is also very gifted player specially in his younger years
    Tbh I won't put too much emphasis on height in either way, you obviously need some height specially in defense but we already got that
    Of course you are right. I made a mistake by mentioning Zlatan as the original discussion was about midfield. Taller players are always good when it comes to defending corners/indirect freekicks. We had that problem few years ago but I wouldn't say that we still have it like you mentioned too. We have Piqué, Umtiti, Busquets, Rakitic and Suárez in our starting XI over 1,8m compared to only Busquets and Piqué in for instance 13/14.

When talking about midfielders we are talking of an possible Iniesta-replacement in starting XI. Iniesta never was a help when it came to height so we don't need to replace him with a taller player. There are not many players around you could trust to do it when it comes to quality. Just Pogba and arguably Hamsik bring height with them, but none of them are realistic either because of their club or their age.

We already have Gomes for additional help when it comes to height/muscles (although he is a good example that height isn't automatically a guarantee for being a good at heading) so lets wait how he can develop under a new coach.

We need a new midget in our CM ffs.