Mateu Morey

xXKonan

What exactly did we do?
No idea,I wonder if Bayern did something they shouldn't have done. and they backed off after we stepped our foot down. Cat radio and says Barca and Bayern deny that there's any deal or talk going on for Morey.

I mean I seriously doubt we would let Morey go without a serious fight.

Albo

No idea,I wonder if Bayern did something they shouldn't have done. and they backed off after we stepped our foot down. Cat radio and says Barca and Bayern deny that there's any deal or talk going on for Morey.

I mean I seriously doubt we would let Morey go without a serious fight.

I hope that Barca convinced him that this academy is worth staying in, but I doubt it. Cows will fly before something like that happens. Maybe they were tapping him up and Barca had some proof?

tacticvarium

Thank God he is staying..
He is too good for Juv B.
He can even play for the B team as I believe that his physique is already mature enough for B team level unlike Grimaldo.
He should be promoted to Juv A for the next season and get called up to B team occasionally like Adama and Aleña.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I was really worried when I first saw this news, hope that it's settled and that he stays. Dunno if it's a coincidence that he was near an exit right after Garcia left, but it'd be speculative to assume that there's a link.

As for the situation with La Masia, it's clear there's an issue. Grimaldo himself said that it's hard to get chances and that players can get discouraged. Bellerin said something along the same lines. Garcia supposedly left because of issues with Pep Segura. Either the administrators or the youth model as a whole is having problems and it can't be denied. It doesn't have to be players leaving at 16/17 like Cesc did to start a bad trend. Thiago left due to a lack of chances, Grimaldo as well. Same reasons, different age.

Young talents aren't even sacrificed for proper upgrading, instead only to bring in mediocre players. Sandro could've fulfilled Paco's role, Samper could've filled in for Gomes, and Grimaldo for Digne (though I do like the Frenchman and think he has a lot left to give). I'm willing to bet all of them would've performed as well or better than their counterparts as well. That's a lot of money spent unnecessarily on players that we didn't need, on top of the other load of money spent on other shit players like Arda, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Douglas. It's a lie to suggest that young players at Barca get a fair amount of trust. So much is made about whether or not they're 'good enough' while transferred players have free reign to be as bad as they want. For example, Gomes this season had far more minutes than Thiago did in 12/13 despite consistently playing at an extremely low level. Not a 1:1 comparison as the situations are a bit different, but it's clear to see how Gomes was given far more trust than he ever deserved.

I also think it's unfair to discount the players that left for the same reason but ended up as poor players. Toral, Bellerin, Icardi, and the host of other players that left are questionable or worse in their actual abilities. However, you cannot assume that of the players prior to them getting their chances. Every player that shines at youth levels should get fair chances at the next stage and the fact that they end up as shit doesn't justify ignoring them, as we don't know with the next talent whether they'll end up as a win or a bust. Palencia at the moment has received that type of unfair treatment, though I think/hope it'll improve for him under Valverde. I'd say Munir and Deulofeu are examples of players that were given chances and then rightfully sold. Munir's game simply wasn't at the level required and Deulofeu is a hopelessly lost cause (yet Barca want him back now :lol:).

There'll always be players that leave out of their own desire without feeling any undue difficulties at Barca. Cases like Sanabria and Mboula, for example, can't be attributed to any failures on Barca's part. However, there are a number of examples of players who left in preventable situations that we should've handled better. Too many to just say that everything's okay.

xXKonan

I hope that Barca convinced him that this academy is worth staying in, but I doubt it. Cows will fly before something like that happens. Maybe they were tapping him up and Barca had some proof?
This one feels like it came out of nowhere. at least with the Garcia and Mboula deals we got a heads up and we tried to convince them to stay, but this one it feels like.

Bayern: Hey Barca we are here for Morey and here's 3 million Kthxbye.

Barca: Yo WTF back the fuck up he's not going anywhere.

I mean it's no secret that every team "taps" up players like no tomorrow, but this one maybe one of those cases.

Messi983

Thank God he is staying..
He is too good for Juv B.
He can even play for the B team as I believe that his physique is already mature enough for B team level unlike Grimaldo.
He should be promoted to Juv A for the next season and get called up to B team occasionally like Adama and Aleña.

There is no guarantee he'll really stay.

tacticvarium

Yeah I just checked Romero's twitter that nothing is yet decided.
It seems an even tougher time for Culés nowadays than early 2000s.

Messi983

Looks like Barça offered him a new contract yesterday...

[tw]880382193637478400[/tw]

[tw]880382354124099584[/tw]

1993Kaan1993

You really believe in him? First he said that Bayern signed him. After Bayern denied it, he said that Barca offered him a new contract.

raki

It´s all about money. Eric Garcia, who went to City, will get 1M eur per season. A 16 year old kid.

xXKonan

Reading Juanma Romero‏, tweets apparently the idea is for Palencia to be promoted to the main team while Morey gets promoted to the B team to take his place.

Home of Barca Fans