Mateu Morey

El Flaco

Puyol suggesting Eric Garcia to leave to get better chances is a slap in the face. The situation must be so dire that a club legend who loves barca more than anything suggesting a talented kid to move out of barca to have a chance at a career.

I'm not so sure about that. For me, it seems City aren't really willing to promoting/using their acadamy players.

I remember how Maffeo from last season, who looked alright against Man Utd. But in the end, he was loaned out while Pep used Navas as RB.

Also, Pep has already mentioned their youths won't be ready next season. Their gonna spend shitloads of money in this summer on new players.

serghei

The chances that these chicken shit players who jump ship for an early payday will become new Xavis, new Iniestas or new Puyols are slim.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rather keep these chicken shit players and hope they step up than signing pure crap like Douglas, broken Vermaelen and Paulinho.

Too bad the 1st team is hoarding average players while some of our top talent are leaving for other teams. Need to turn this situation around and hope Valverde doesn't ignore Alena or Cucurella the next 2-3 years either.

serghei

Rather keep these chicken shit players and hope they step up than signing pure crap like Douglas, broken Vermaelen and Paulinho.

Too bad the 1st team is hoarding average players while some of our top talent are leaving for other teams. Need to turn this situation around and hope Valverde doesn't ignore Alena or Cucurella the next 2-3 years either.

In the end it's about the players' character. It's hard to go all the way at Barca. It's a feat that is reserves for the best of the best. The guys who run away from that challenge by finding childish excuses probably don't have the right mentality to begin with.

DonAK

In the end it's about the players' character. It's hard to go all the way at Barca. It's a feat that is reserves for the best of the best.

It's hard to go all the way, especially when players like Palencia aren't even given a chance to train with the 1st team even though he deserves it on merit.

It's hard to go all the way anywhere, but you still need to give players who deserve a chance on merit, a way to showcase themselves.

I trust Valverde to do far better than Lucho in that regard even though Lucho gave the players he coached like Rafinha a chance and gave Alena some minutes.

DonAK

Not a fan of Bellerin, but he isn't doing too bad. Neither is Icardi or even Keita Balde who's linked to several teams. All three of these players could end up having great careers. All three left not too long ago.

Obviously you have someone like Toral in there as well, but that's three prominent players.

serghei

Not prominent enough. Icardi and Balde will probably never be good enough for Barca. Icardi has character issues as well. So far, the better players stayed.

Only one I know who became world class elsewere is Cesc.

DonAK

Never good enough like Bellerin then? Because Icardi is performing at a higher level than the promised son who might return.

serghei

We need Bellerin more than Icardi. That's the reasoning. Neither of them is close to being world class players.If Bellerin ever becomes world class it will be at Barca.

JamDav1982

Not a fan of Bellerin, but he isn't doing too bad. Neither is Icardi or even Keita Balde who's linked to several teams. All three of these players could end up having great careers. All three left not too long ago.

Obviously you have someone like Toral in there as well, but that's three prominent players.

Toral?

He is awful.

JamDav1982

I know. I meant there are cases like Toral who turn out to be mediocre anyway. Some successes and a couple of failures.

Oh right. Would say mediocre is even too generous for him and he was highly rated as well.

Some players will clearly leave and do well though.

serghei

Imo the bar needs to remain where it is. The real talents will come through like they usually did along the years, under almost all managers. I hope Alena has a good season and gets to play more.

xXKonan

Was Toral rated highly at all? He seemed like a typical average attacking Midfielder who Arsenal took a gamble on with Bellerin and thought he might end up being better than he really was.

Home of Barca Fans