Mateu Morey

JamDav1982

They'll try to make a move for Mbappe to replace Cristiano. You won't exactly replace him, but Mbappe might be the next best thing they can get.

They brought back Vallejo who's been the biggest Spanish CB talent for a while and did well in Germany. He'll now be their 3rd CB and get a lot of chances to establish himself the next few years and gradually replace Ramos. Meanwhile they'll definitely also look at other CB options.

They already have Isco there to replace Modric. Is it a like-for-like replacement? No exactly, but they'll play differently then. Then Kovacic is promising too and they seem to regard him as Modric's actual successor, although he need more minutes.

They're definitely doing better than Barca. We took three years to find a CB like Vallejo in Umtiti lol.

As for replacing Xavi, Iniesta or Alves......not exactly done that. With the former we brought in Rakitic and played in a different way, but that seemed to be short-term rather being in for the long haul like Madrid will be with Isco and Kroos.

The way they assembled their squad is very impressing, especially when you consider that they're paying less wages than we do, and they did that with NO Sporting Director!

Dont think any of those players replace the ones mentioned in terms of quality or role. Can wait and see how it all pans I suppose.

Never said Xavi, Iniesta or Alves has been replaced.

Impossible task and one of my biggest gripes has been with the way the quality of midfield has fallen away and become less important.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dont think any of those players replace the ones mentioned in terms of quality or role. Can wait and see how it all pans I suppose.

Vallejo definitely got the talent and Mbappe might be a once in a generation striker, although the next 2-3 seasons will decide that, so there might be question marks there.

However Isco is already at that level. The last half of a season he had was magical and he's started to pass the ball instead of dribbling into more players. That's really elevated his level. He was one of their three best players the last few months of the season.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I'm honestly not sure which part of your moaning I'm refusing to disagree or agree with, so perhaps you could help me out?

We've bought lots of young players, where some have turned out to be great (MAtS and Umtiti) and some have turned out to be flops or at least huge questionmarks (Digne, Gomes and Suarez). Real looks to have hit some real good ones, and that's what happens - you win some, you lose some. That's the way of football. You still seem to refuse to acknowledge the fact that we ARE indeed trying to rejuvenate the team...

That is where the real issue is, we are not. Last season transfer window we clearly did not. Even before signing Paco and Gomes everyone knew they were not worth it. 70-80M down the drain, this window we will chase Verratti and end up with players like Paulinho and Lima. Clearly we are not. Again i will admit i was wrong if we do sign good players. It is not moaning, madrid is doing much better job than us in securing talent and that is fact and you are trying your best to move around that point and saying lot of nonsense by making cheap remarks like "moaning"

JamDav1982

Vallejo definitely got the talent and Mbappe might be a once in a generation striker, although the next 2-3 seasons will decide that, so there might be question marks there.

However Isco is already at that level. The last half of a season he had was magical and he's started to pass the ball instead of dribbling into more players. That's really elevated his level. He was one of their three best players the last few months of the season.

Dont agree as I said. Can see how they pan out in next few years either way.

Trickykid

That is where the real issue is, we are not. Last season transfer window we clearly did not. Even before signing Paco and Gomes everyone knew they were not worth it. 70-80M down the drain, this window we will chase Verratti and end up with players like Paulinho and Lima. Clearly we are not. Again i will admit i was wrong if we do sign good players. It is not moaning, madrid is doing much better job than us in securing talent and that is fact and you are trying your best to move around that point and saying lot of nonsense by making cheap remarks like "moaning"

Whelp, I give up... :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
They do have good depth and will be hard pushed to keep that going forward I think. Starting eleven and most important players are ageing and players like Ronaldo cannot be replaced and likes of Ramos and Modric will be extremely difficult.

They replaced players like Ozil and Di Maria with ease. We will see how it will turn out for Ronaldo and Modric, Ramos. They will be much easier to replace than Iniesta, Xavi and messi anyway.

JamDav1982

They replaced players like Ozil and Di Maria with ease. We will see how it will turn out for Ronaldo and Modric, Ramos. They will be much easier to replace than Iniesta, Xavi and messi anyway.

Neither of them were on the level of those players discussed or even close to being irreplaceable. As I think Ronaldo is and Ramos almost certainly is. Modric will be very difficult to get anyone on his level.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Neither of them were on the level of those players discussed or even close to being irreplaceable. As I think Ronaldo is and Ramos almost certainly is. Modric will be very difficult to get anyone on his level.

Di Maria was very crucial for their 1st champions league in their current era. Asensio and Mbappe can replace ronaldo, but still young to say that with guarantee. Coming to Modric with Isco and Kovacic they are not in a bad shape at least. They will miss Ramos for sure and i don't know who they have lined up after him. It would really suck we couldn't sign Verratti this window and next madrid signs him. PSG is much more willing to negotiate with Perez.

JamDav1982

Di Maria was very crucial for their 1st champions league in their current era. Asensio and Mbappe can replace ronaldo, but still young to say that with guarantee. Coming to Modric with Isco and Kovacic they are not in a bad shape at least. They will miss Ramos for sure and i don't know who they have lined up after him. It would really suck we couldn't sign Verratti this window and next madrid signs him. PSG is much more willing to negotiate with Perez.

Di Maria was not as crucial as people tried to make out at time and is more easily replaced than players mentioned.

Asensio and Mbappe will never replace Ronaldo.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Di Maria was not as crucial as people tried to make out at time and is more easily replaced than players mentioned.

Asensio and Mbappe will never replace Ronaldo.

That way no one can replace Messi, Xavi and Iniesta too. It doesn't need to come as a direct replacement, as they long as they can still score as many goals it is enough. Both are tremendous talents.

JamDav1982

That way no one can replace Messi, Xavi and Iniesta too. It doesn't need to come as a direct replacement, as they long as they can still score as many goals it is enough. Both are tremendous talents.

100% no one can replace Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Will never see a team like that again. Not sure what is relevant about that.

Icarium

Lifestealer
100% no one can replace Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Will never see a team like that again. Not sure what is relevant about that.

The relevance is these players are once in generation. You can't replace them directly. But they are getting two good players like Asensio and maybe Mbappe. While we are going with mediocre players in midfield. At least so far.

JamDav1982

The relevance is these players are once in generation. You can't replace them directly. But they are getting two good players like Asensio and maybe Mbappe. While we are going with mediocre players in midfield. At least so far.

I agree cant replace them and Barca have had to replace a number of legendary players in recent seasons. Real havent had to do that yet and remains to be seen how well they do it

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The frustrating thing particularly about Morey more so than Garcia is that he's a RB who was the standout performer at U17 and is going to Bayern of all teams.

El Flaco

The future after this club does not look good at all, the least the board could do at this point is surround Messi with some actual talent in the twilight of his prime and help us go on another couple deep CL runs.

Dark times lie ahead...

Indeed.

Home of Barca Fans