Mateu Morey

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We haven't lost youth players like this since the last few years.

It's as laughable to suggest everything's perfect with how La Masia is run. The Board tried to change things up and brought in Pep Segura from Liverpool, but all it lead to so far is us signing a billion players from other teams and well, these players moving elsewhere.

Not only the players, but most of our youth coaches can actually leave this summer as their contract is up for renewal and Pep Segura didn't take care of it until now when their contracts has expired.

Let's say many of them leave as well.

Ever thought how you'd replace so many coaches at the same time? Coaches the players know and trust? Especially the youngest ones. Not that easy is it?

But hey, this hysteria here is laughable just as any small or big concern. Let's put our head in the sand and make snarky comments.

JamDav1982

You only gave enough examples of our fuck ups. My question was why? Madrid is doing much better job. If you are following from 1990 then you should know the damage a bad board can do. Obviously the board is full of shit. My question about the future is, immediately after messi what will happen. Will it be the state of United after they lost Ferguson? With the kind of brand and value that was build using the best generation board is wasting it, if we do a setback now they would have failed massively. Obviously we will come back again, maybe have another era in few years.

Lets hope that he doesn't, we need a good midfielder. Valverde needs a fighting chance.

It will be nothing like the era of Man Utd after Fergie.

If anything that has already passed with Pep and majority of greatest team ever having left.

Madrid get praised to the hilt when it suits then written off as only winning due to luck and cheating refs in the next debate.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Puyol suggesting Eric Garcia to leave to get better chances is a slap in the face. The situation must be so dire that a club legend who loves barca more than anything suggesting a talented kid to move out of barca to have a chance at a career.

Jallo

Not so much about the club giving the players a chance when they are moving to City and Bayern who have given young players less chances to break through.

There has been as many young players making their way from B team to first team in past 6/7 years as ever before and more than the clubs these players are moving to.

It is all mostly about money unless they are moving somewhere they are more likely to get chances.

There is a plan for every player to make their way to the first team and it has happened more than just about any big club can name. Lucho making some decisions not to call up certain young players doesnt change that much.

Pep did the same when didnt have full trust in B team players he played Busi, Adriano, Toure etc at CB ahead of young players at a higher standard than those in B team just now.

What would you do, get paid a lot of money and not get a chance or get paid little and not get a chance at the first team?

Trickykid

You only gave enough examples of our fuck ups. My question was why? Madrid is doing much better job. If you are following from 1990 then you should know the damage a bad board can do. Obviously the board is full of shit. My question about the future is, immediately after messi what will happen. Will it be the state of United after they lost Ferguson? With the kind of brand and value that was build using the best generation board is wasting it, if we do a setback now they would have failed massively. Obviously we will come back again, maybe have another era in few years.

Lets hope that he doesn't, we need a good midfielder. Valverde needs a fighting chance.

Who the hell knows what will happen after Messi? Losing the best player in the world would impact all teams, even your infallible Real Madrid. Contrary to what you seem to believe, we'll still be able to attract the very best players out there, and my guess is that we'll still compete for most titles available.

JamDav1982

We haven't lost youth players like this since the last few years.

It's as laughable to suggest everything's perfect with how La Masia is run. The Board tried to change things up and brought in Pep Segura from Liverpool, but all it lead to so far is us signing a billion players from other teams and well, these players moving elsewhere.

Not only the players, but most of our youth coaches can actually leave this summer as their contract is up for renewal and Pep Segura didn't take care of it until now when their contracts has expired.

Let's say many of them leave as well.

Ever thought how you'd replace so many coaches at the same time? Coaches the players know and trust? Especially the youngest ones. Not that easy is it?

But hey, this hysteria here is laughable just as any small or big concern. Let's put our head in the sand and make snarky comments.

It isnt perfect but nor is it anywhere near as bad as made out or players leaving due to lack of opportunities. It is money they are leaving for above all else clearly in my pinion.

Not going to believe any young player going to a Bayern team without one player featuring in their team that has come through their youth system to first team. While is managed by someone like Ancelotti is seen as better chance of getting through than Barca.

Or going to Man City where there is a win at all costs attitude as they know on borrowed time with Pep and Pep has already slated the system for bringing through young players.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It will be nothing like the era of Man Utd after Fergie.

If anything that has already passed with Pep and majority of greatest team ever having left.

Madrid get praised to the hilt when it suits then written off as only winning due to luck and cheating refs in the next debate.

You can't guarantee that it will *not be like United after Fergie, i will only believe it when i see good players who can take the mantle and compete for the league and cl. Madrid changed their transfer policy in last two years, a lot. They were never this aggressive in acquiring talented young players at least in the last decade. Now that they are doing that, it is working wonders for them.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

DonAK

Let's see who we actually sign this summer.

Don't think people can argue against Real Madrid having done a far better job on the market last few years. Especially if they also add Ceballos now. They have almost an entire team of starters or future starters 26 and younger compared to Barca who got Umtiti and Neymar who might or might not stay at Barca in 3-4 years.

If we somehow end up signing Paulinho.....oh boy....this place is going to explode. Planning for the future!

Hope Verratti is willing to play the long game.

JamDav1982

What would you do, get paid a lot of money and not get a chance or get paid little and not get a chance at the first team?

Depends on what you want from your career. First option puts money above all else and may not be better in the long run.

Not judging the decision as much as the crappy reasons put forward for those players leaving if it is put down to not enough chances at Barca and actually moving to clubs where it is worse.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Who the hell knows what will happen after Messi? Losing the best player in the world would impact all teams, even your infallible Real Madrid. Contrary to what you seem to believe, we'll still be able to attract the very best players out there, and my guess is that we'll still compete for most titles available.

I didn't suggest Madrid are perfect, they are doing much better job at this than ours. Saying lot of other things, but you refuse to agree or disagree to that point. Same for Jamdav. Only saying things which suits your arguments. If you do disagree then tell me why? My biggest problem with this is, we are not stacking our current squad with quality players nor are we aggressively securing our future. With the end of this transfer window it will be more clear, if they do sign good players i will admit i was wrong.

JamDav1982

You can't guarantee that it will be like United after Fergie, i will only believe it when i see good players who can take the mantle and compete for the league and cl. Madrid changed their transfer policy in last two years, a lot. They were never this aggressive in acquiring talented young players at least in the last decade. Now that they are doing that, it is working wonders for them.

Yet their success has been largely built on the players they have had for years and not the youngsters brought in.

Will see how the future is for Madrid but they have to replace Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric in not too far future and there are no young players at their club at that level.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yet their success has been largely built on the players they have had for years and not the youngsters brought in.

Will see how the future is for Madrid but they have to replace Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric in not too far future and there are no young players at their club at that level.

They have much better squad depth. They signed players like Kroos, Isco and Kovacic in recent years. They are moving fast to secure talented midfielders too. They got a great player Asensio, squad depth is what made madrid a terrific team. I still don't think their starting 11 is great, at least not as much as our CL winning squads.

Trickykid

I didn't suggest Madrid are perfect, they are doing much better job at this than ours. Saying lot of other things, but you refuse to agree or disagree to that point. Same for Jamdav. Only saying things which suits your arguments. If you do disagree then tell me why? My biggest problem with this is, we are not stacking our current squad with quality players nor are we aggressively securing our future. With the end of this transfer window it will be more clear, if they do sign good players i will admit i was wrong.

I'm honestly not sure which part of your moaning I'm refusing to disagree or agree with, so perhaps you could help me out?

We've bought lots of young players, where some have turned out to be great (MAtS and Umtiti) and some have turned out to be flops or at least huge questionmarks (Digne, Gomes and Suarez). Real looks to have hit some real good ones, and that's what happens - you win some, you lose some. That's the way of football. You still seem to refuse to acknowledge the fact that we ARE indeed trying to rejuvenate the team...

DonAK

They'll try to make a move for Mbappe to replace Cristiano. You won't exactly replace him, but Mbappe might be the next best thing they can get.

They brought back Vallejo who's been the biggest Spanish CB talent for a while and did well in Germany. He'll now be their 3rd CB and get a lot of chances to establish himself the next few years and gradually replace Ramos. Meanwhile they'll definitely also look at other CB options.

They already have Isco there to replace Modric. Is it a like-for-like replacement? No exactly, but they'll play differently then. Then Kovacic is promising too and they seem to regard him as Modric's actual successor, although he need more minutes.

They're definitely doing better than Barca. We took three years to find a CB like Vallejo in Umtiti lol.

As for replacing Xavi, Iniesta or Alves......not exactly done that. With the former we brought in Rakitic and played in a different way, but that seemed to be short-term rather being in for the long haul like Madrid will be with Isco and Kroos.

The way they assembled their squad is very impressing, especially when you consider that they're paying less wages than we do, and they did that with NO Sporting Director!

We got a considerably older squad and older Starting XI with more pieces to replace in the not so distant future and most of our signings turned out to be bad fits or underwhelming. A mix of bad luck and simply bad management which some people just reject to acknowledge.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

They have much better squad depth. They signed players like Kroos, Isco and Kovacic in recent years. They are moving fast to secure talented midfielders too. They got a great player Asensio, squad depth is what made madrid a terrific team. I still don't think their starting 11 is great, at least not as much as our CL winning squads.

They do have good depth and will be hard pushed to keep that going forward I think. Starting eleven and most important players are ageing and players like Ronaldo cannot be replaced and likes of Ramos and Modric will be extremely difficult.

Home of Barca Fans