Mateu Morey

navidjaan

Looks like a great talent. Will he be staying at Juvenil B next year or moved up to Juvenil A?

Might end up having to save us from the nightmare that is Hector Bellerin in a few years :lol:

Will be moved to Juvenil A where he'll be competing with Guillem Jaime, also a good talent, although not with Spain's youth teams.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Scored a sick goal against France earlier in the tournament. Lovely skills, great intensity. He could grow into a wonderful fullback at the top level, hopefully his progress continues.

omar

Will be moved to Juvenil A where he'll be competing with Guillem Jaime, also a good talent, although not with Spain's youth teams.

dani morer . mateu . Guillem Jaime .......... you think who is the better one ? [MENTION=20074]navidjaan[/MENTION]

tacticvarium

Mateu was better than Abel Ruiz in some ways. A worthy competitor for MVP of the Tournament. This boy is definitely the greatest full back talent since when Grimaldo was at his best during La Masia period. Probably better than Grimaldo since Mateu is ahead in terms of physique, intensity and 1v1 defensive skills. He also reminds me of Sergi Barjuán. Sincerely hope the club doesn't mess up his development like how they did with Grimaldo.

navidjaan

Grimaldo was already a B player at the age of 15. No way any fullback is or was even close to him while at La Masia.

navidjaan

dani morer . mateu . Guillem Jaime .......... you think who is the better one ? [MENTION=20074]navidjaan[/MENTION]

Mateu. Morer's chances at Barça B will be slim (not even sure he'll promote), and I think Mateu will outplay Jaime next season at Juvenil A.

khaled_a_d

Grimaldo was more or less 17 when started playing regular for b team was he not?

He played one game before completing 16 in 2011 and broke record for youngest player in Segunda and then sent back to youth teams until next season , that is where he was Barca B player at the age of 15 coming from. So yeah he was basically 17 when he got promoted

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's Lucho's fault as well. Him not calling up Barca B captain ONCE had more repercussions.

Messi983

I'm in minority here but I don't blame the board for our talents leaving. We were also robbed during Laporta's presidency. I blame mostly La Liga rules. If they want to protect biggest spanish talents leaving abroad for cheap they should just abandon release clauses. Until those rules changes players will continue to leave as we can't protect all of them. Barça is not the only La Liga team whose talents are robbed year after year so you can blame the board all you want but problems are bigger and deeper.

We shouldn't offer totally unproven 16 years old kids as much money as they want and they could get in EPL clubs (where players can get professional contracts at age 16) and well, if they are naive enough to believe they'll get a first team chance in other (especially clubs like City) before here than they can go for all I care. I prefer to keep players that are maybe a bit less talented but have a willingness to succeed at Barça and are prepared to wait for their chance and then take it whenever they get it.

LaPulga

I blame the board big time, for stepping away from the model which made us great, for undervaluing La Masia. For putting people in sporting functions who apparently find it normal to buy 10 players every for Barca B, 23-24 year olds without the talent to ever make it to first team, instead of giving chances to our youth... instead of using Barca B for what it's meant to be, a stepping stone for talented youngsters in their path to hopefully first team.

We always had some youngsters being taken away, but nothing like what's happening nowadays, 3 of our biggest talents are gone within 14 days...

I hate the f*cking board, ever since day 2 or so, when they tought it was necessary to remove the 'honorary president' title away from J. Cruyff. What a tell-tale sign that proved to be;..

Home of Barca Fans