Mateu Morey

khaled_a_d

He already had a problem renewing last time and negotiated with half of Europe.
He has every right to look for himself, but the club can't be begging a player coming out of a serious injury in important stage of development to come and ask for high pay raise.
Good Luck to him, but can't blame the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he'll end up renewing. You cannot have enough FB talents with how shit that market is.

God Serena

He already had a problem renewing last time and negotiated with half of Europe.
He has every right to look for himself, but the club can't be begging a player coming out of a serious injury in important stage of development to come and ask for high pay raise.
Good Luck to him, but can't blame the club.

Actually, it seems the club is refusing him a promotion clause in his contract. It seems the kid doesn't want to flounder in Barca B. I'm not too sure why we don't just give it to him. We've had much lower level talents receive promotion clauses, and if they're not ready by the time their promotion is required, we just get rid of them. Doesn't hurt us more than letting them leave on a free does.

Porque

This guy was an elite looking talent in the U17. The same way that guys like Jurado and Juanfran were. We are right to have a bit of caution.

I think if his side made negotiations simpler we wouldnt have been throwing almost 20m on Wague and Emerson.

Also not forgetting that Morey has been so injury prone so far that it is almost a slap in the face to be so demanding each year or two on renewals, which in itself is not a good precedent for his future nor La Masia talents who come after him.

God Serena

He was never going to stay in the first place, and the club had already decided he was never going to feature for Barca B, anyways.

No loss here. Hopefully he lives up to some of his potential elsewhere, as long as it isn't in Spain.

xXKonan

There were rumors that one of the reasons why it was tough to renew Morey is that he wanted to be guaranteed promotion to the first team when it was time.

Been a rough year for him in terms of Injuries but good luck to him once he goes to Dortmund.

Porque

I was excited to see this guys future at the club, but it is better to focus on those who want to make it here.

Home of Barca Fans