Mateu Morey

tacticvarium

Morey is RB, so Miranda who is LB has nothing to do with him not getting called up.
Unless Morey is leaving this summer, what's the point of taking Palencia at this point?
This is pure nonsense and incompetence.
It also sucks that Oriol did not make it.

xXKonan

Funny as there were reports a couple of days ago on how Valverde wasn't all that impressed with Palencia and he wasn't going on tour.

:/

JamDav1982

Morey is RB, so Miranda who is LB has nothing to do with him not getting called up.
Unless Morey is leaving this summer, what's the point of taking Palencia at this point?

Who is saying Miranda is a RB?

xXKonan

I think Oriol didn't make it because he's still recovering from the injury he had.

Joan

Miranda is rated higher but Morey looks a very good player.

Again just guessing but only reason can think of is they dont think Morey is going to sign new contract. Hopefully not as should be there ahead of likes of Palencia all day long.

Especially now since Palencia has to leave.

Shame if he leaves, from what I've seen, I liked him better than Miranda. Cracking one, imo.

Joan

Whether Miranda is more rated highly by the club or not is irrelevant here.

It's not irrelevant. Both are 18, one is taken with us, the other's not. Miranda has Cucurella in front who's even more talented than Palencia.

It's either about his contract or the club doesn't rate him. I'd go with the former.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not irrelevant. Both are 18, one is taken with us, the other's not. Miranda has Cucurella in front who's even more talented than Palencia.

It's either about his contract or the club doesn't rate him. I'd go with the former.

Luckily for us Valverde is not here for the long haul so even if he doesn't rate him I'm sure Morey will convince our next manager he should be given a chance in friendlies at least.

Porque

Won't join the club for the US Tour while all the new contract signee's go. I sense there is a negotiation issue as he/his agent are demanding more than the club is willing to pay at this stage.

Two times in two years we have had this issue with this lad. The RB position is there for the taking at Barcelona so this kid should really sign a deal and work his ass off to make it here like all the other B team lads are doing, rather than flirting with other clubs for a better last minute deal.

FC433

^ I agree. That is the most likely scenario. There have been talking, but there is no agreement just yet. We will still have the chance to keep him. However, he could leave next season too.

The board, in this case, did their best and if Morey does not want to stay then it is what it is. I hope he stays, but I would never want any player who is not sure that he wants to play for us.

Home of Barca Fans