Mateu Morey

Messi983

Gerard Romero is saying that he won't renew for now. Don't know why but the last time I've heard they were negotiating a contract renewal with Morey as well.

messi1995

we are gonna buy a random 19 year old senegalese for the RB spot I hear? we forgot that we have Mateu Morey in that position. why are we doing that when we have a promising talent like him? "but but Barto trust youth players". youth players will keep leaving while Barto will buy random youth players or deadwood players like Willian. keep defending Barto ☺

Garrus

we are gonna buy a random 19 year old senegalese for the RB spot I hear? we forgot that we have Mateu Morey in that position. why are we doing that when we have a promising talent like him? "but but Barto trust youth players". youth players will keep leaving while Barto will buy random youth players or deadwood players like Willian. keep defending Barto ☺
Alright, This is getting very boring.

Mateu is just another La masia player with 'First team' hype around him, Nothing more, And do you know how many we've had of them over the last years?, Dozens!, And 95% of them never deliver on their hype and promises, If the club sees a very promising young RB on the market, Then it's a no brainer to go after him.

If you truly believe Morey will become an amazing RB for us, Then i'm sure he'll have no problem benching and ousting that senegalese RB, Right?, I'm sure our first team and barca B coaches, Won't have a senegalese bias and agenda.

This is the funny hypocritical nature of those with the la masia craze:
They hype up those kids with complete blind faith in their potential and future, But once they see any sort of competition starting to creep up on them, Suddenly their beloved hyped la masia player turn into little snowflakes that need a special, Unhindered road to the first team.

To make a long story short, If Mateu Morey can't outperform this senegalese player, Then he never had the ability to go to the first team in the first place, And he was just another overly hyped kid that couldn't make it.

JamDav1982

Alright, This is getting very boring.

Mateu is just another La masia player with 'First team' hype around him, Nothing more, And do you know how many we've had of them over the last years?, Dozens!, And 95% of them never deliver on their hype and promises, If the club sees a very promising young RB on the market, Then it's a no brainer to go after him.

If you truly believe Morey will become an amazing RB for us, Then i'm sure he'll have no problem benching and ousting that senegalese RB, Right?, I'm sure our first team and barca B coaches, Won't have a senegalese bias and agenda.

This is the funny hypocritical nature of those with the la masia craze:
They hype up those kids with complete blind faith in their potential and future, But once they see any sort of competition starting to creep up on them, Suddenly their beloved hyped la masia player turn into little snowflakes that need a special, Unhindered road to the first team.

To make a long story short, If Mateu Morey can't outperform this senegalese player, Then he never had the ability to go to the first team in the first place, And he was just another overly hyped kid that couldn't make it.

A year ago it was Palencia that was guaranteed to be some kind of star...

Even then the report claims that the idea would be Roberto as a midfielder and no different from situation now with two RBs in first team squad.

The argument Barca should leave space now for players just entering the B team to have an easier route into first team is terrible.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Probably won't, but would love for him to join the 1st team for their Pre-Season tour in the States.

FC433

Starting to worry

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ca" dir="ltr"> CONVOCATÒRIA<br>⚽ FC Barcelona US Tour 2018<br><br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheMagiciansOfTheBall?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheMagiciansOfTheBall</a> <a href="https://t.co/uueyNEWkeC">pic.twitter.com/uueyNEWkeC</a></p>— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona_cat) <a href="https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_cat/status/1021463405457297408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 23, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

DonAK

Palencia - a player with no Barca future over Morey is just stupid

Pre-season should be used for players that possibly have a Barca future if the regulars are not available to try out different tactics and roles.

JamDav1982

Palencia - a player with no Barca future over Morey is just stupid

Pre-season should be used for players that possibly have a Barca future if the regulars are not available to try out different tactics and roles.

Pure guess work but could be he turned down contract and club not sure he is there for long term.

The others who signed contracts were said to have this tour as a carrot to sign.

DonAK

Pure guess work but could be he turned down contract and club not sure he is there for long term.

The others who signed contracts were said to have this tour as a carrot to sign.

Recent reports suggested he would be offered a new contract later as his current deal runs out next year while most of the players that renewed had their contracts running out this summer.

Still find it strange, but at least he'll have a good coach that knows him to work with for Barca B.

FC433

^
Thank you. I thought that he was not included because his future is not decided yet. But I did not know about his contract situation. I hope he stays.

Joan

Cracking talent, this one.

Shame players like Ballou or Palencia get called up instead of him. If ever, it was last year Palencia should've been taken to the US.

He doesn't even train with the first team so I was expecting it.

Does the club rate Miranda over him or is it his contract situation?

DonAK

Shame players like Ballou or Palencia get called up instead of him. If ever, it was last year Palencia should've been taken to the US.

Miranda is a LB. Cucurella has been linked heavily to a move and he's brought to the tour too.

JamDav1982

Miranda is rated higher but Morey looks a very good player.

Again just guessing but only reason can think of is they dont think Morey is going to sign new contract. Hopefully not as should be there ahead of likes of Palencia all day long.

Home of Barca Fans