User Tag List

Page 774 of 774 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774
Results 11,596 to 11,601 of 11601

Thread: Retardo

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, conflicting opinions in regards to what Valverde does well or doesn't do well is fine and normal. Especially under a manager like Valverde, who's sort of a mixed bag, I think most would agree on that. Sometimes you like him, a few weeks later he pulls some shit and he falls out of grace right away.

All of that is fine. But considering that this is the final part of the season, and we're looking at a potential treble here if we dig deep, we need to toss that aside, and get behind the team. A treble this year would probably be more huge than it has ever been. We have leaders in the team saying they understand the tactics and they are ready to make it happen this season. Let's wait and see. Maybe we mean bussiness this season.

With Rijkaard in 2006 in CL, we kind of played like we do today with Valverde. I remember a tie with Milan in 2006 which was very much in the vein of what we're seeing here. Cagey games both home and away, in which we suffered and went through with some luck and off some moments of inspiration.
    Last edited by serghei; Yesterday at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post

With Rijkaard in 2006 in CL, we kind of played like we do today with Valverde. I remember a tie with Milan in 2006 which was very much in the vein of what we're seeing here. Cagey games both home and away, in which we suffered and went through with some luck and off some moments of inspiration.
    No way this team compared to the entertaining team of 2006! That team played with some pattern in the build-up which doesn't exist with EV's Barca. That football was enjoyable to watch.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    No way this team compared to the entertaining team of 2006! That team played with some pattern in the build-up which doesn't exist with EV's Barca. That football was enjoyable to watch.
    Was a bit more enjoyable, but not because of tactics. That team had peak Ronaldinho, and peak Eto'o. Two very explosive players who put on a marvelous show very often. Plus Messi for a while, plus Xavi, Deco and Iniesta. Tactics weren't very different than today in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    Lack of system in the current team is concerning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Lack of system in the current team is concerning.
    Looks to me like we got two systems.

One system with a highish press where we try to force a goal.

The other system is usally applied when we got a lead. We will sit a bit deeper and wont do anything to take the ball. When we do get the ball its directly sent to messi, dembele or suarez and we run at goal.

We got a few other systems too. A medium version of the first system where we dont seem to bothered about forcing the goal, but posession is key. Sometimes we also do something else like the last match against real betis.

I dont have a good eye for systems so maybe someone else can elaborate more on our system and tactics.
    Last edited by vinni; Today at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinni View Post
    Looks to me like we got two systems.

One system with a highish press where we try to force a goal.

The other system is usally applied when we got a lead. We will sit a bit deeper and wont do anything to take the ball. When we do get the ball its directly sent to messi, dembele or suarez and we run at goal.

We got a few other systems too. A medium version of the first system where we dont seem to bothered about forcing the goal, but posession is key. Sometimes we also do something else like the last match against real betis.

I dont have a good eye for systems so maybe someone else can elaborate more on our system and tactics.
    The goal here is to get very flexible, switching between different approaches, often during the same match. We are basically applying the same way of approaching the game as Real Madrid, while still maintaining some of our style.

We are a more possession dominant, less deadly on transitions and less reliant on crosses Real Madrid type.

The big challenge will be creating chances against defensively solid teams once we are in a position to chase a game. We will be in that position at some point, and when that happens our issues in build-up against compact teams will be very problematic. We simply don't create enough chances with the amount of possession we have at times.