Ernesto Valverde - V1

Horatio

You're welcome
I am pretty sure Valverde as pragmatic as he is will play more attacking once he has he pieces he needs. Lets not forget where we came from with the super defensive 4-4-2 formation at the beginning of his stint. His pragmatism might result in some boring moments of football, but I have to respect the results and also the fact that he doesnt seem to lose against the tougher teams. Players seem happy and a handful are clearly improving under him. His style works, but agreed its not the most attractive piece of play. But as the poster above mentioned I think our situation is a bit more complicated than at face-value. I also feel that there arent many coaches out there that would get better results. Maybe get us to play nicer, but it could probably be at the cost of trophies.

I try to have faith in the current Barca. But unfortunately here that gets you labeled quickly as a Valverde fanboy.

In short: probably not the best fit for Barca, but he is handling the current situation pretty well.

George_Costanza

This, so well-written and a really nice post. But for now I think its okay to give V the benefit of doubt and applaud him for his results till now. Myndigheder hope is that Valverde is a slow - but safe developer - and that it gradually will get better. And at some point he will reach our hopes astetic wise. He is a manager known to be a long-term solution, and if we didnt grab him from AB, he would prob still manage the Team, and btw look hos far they have fallen after his exit. People will prob hunt me down for saying it, but a lot of times I have had the feeling he could be a manager staying here for 7-8 seasons. But he needs to play more barca-like and with arthur, de jong and alena he has the pieces to make it happen starting from next season. On another note, people should also calm down regarding hia future, if he doesnt deliver, he will go on his own will - thats why he hesitated with the extension and would have prefered to wait till the season is done.

And on a tottaly different note, the disrespect he gets from people om this board is so cringe and sad. You can see that he cares a lot and that itself should be enough. He is well-liked by our players because they see he has a good plan and he is really involved for the best outcome in The club. Unlike Lucho he has also watched Games for the B-team. IF he can add more barca-like identity to our game, I would love to see him be Barcas Ferguson. Wont happen, but personally im not against it IF mg creteria is met. He is a long-termanager by nature tho.

If I run for an office, I will hire you as my campaign manager.

You want EV to be our SAF? Let me ask you a question, why do you watch football and why did you support Barcelona?

Cule4life

The Culest
Retardo use your brain cells (if you have any) and throw the Atleti match if needed. Do not play Messi/Suarez against those thugs before United match. Put that 7 point lead to good use.

KingLeo10

Retardo use your brain cells (if you have any) and throw the Atleti match if needed. Do not play Messi/Suarez against those thugs before United match. Put that 7 point lead to good use.

yup,

should play

coutinho boateng malcom

alena vidal s roberto

miranda umtiti todibo BteamRB

cilessen

Cule4life

The Culest

giphy.gif

MTL_Barca

No way Valverde will suddenly play Malcom vs Atletico when la liga isn't won yet.

Maybe if we're up 12+ points or so by then.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

a true defensive mastermind of a manager would secure us a draw at home against ATM with a mix of first teamers and second stringers.

but we have EV instead.

serghei

Please rotate. Play Malcom for fucks sake. Man is rested and fresh like a spring chicken. Alena is also rested and hasn't played in a while in a serious game. Just rotate the squad so we are fresh and fit for the big games in april.

Give Todibo his debut.

Home of Barca Fans