Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

According to SPORT, he's considering leaving at the end of the season.

They say he also feels less protected after Robert left.

gatsu

The problem is the board. You will always have a Valverde type of coach unless rat face and his corrupt crew get the fuck out.

xXKonan

What I find weird is that if Sport claims are true that Valverde feels less protected with Robert not being there.

Guessing the likes of Abidal, Segura etc aren't fully on board with Valverde compared to Robert.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, perform better at your job and you'll be protected accordingly. If true then his cuckery is unbelievable.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think he is bad coach but I think he lacks the charisma he would need for this job. He is too humble as well. This is Barcelona, not Athletic club. I don't see how BCN players respect him. They have won way more than him in football and especially when you talk like Valrverde, It's tough to respect him.

I think he needs more courage and balls.

FC B

The problem is the board. You will always have a Valverde type of coach unless rat face and his corrupt crew get the fuck out.

Exactly, if not Valverde it will be just another "Barca DNA" shit coach replacing him under this idiotic board.

George_Costanza

What does barca forum think of Laurent Blanc?

giphy.gif

God Serena

This board chose Tito, Tata, and Lucho, all of whom are infinitely better managers than this joke of a manager.

Yeah, we obviously won't get a top quality manager as long as the current board is in office, but Valverde is scraping the bottom of the barrel and is significantly lower in quality than even they can be after. We haven't won a game in a month.

xXKonan

Well, perform better at your job and you'll be protected accordingly. If true then his cuckery is unbelievable.
Abidal is a totally different person compared to Robert. While both probably share the same idea on what we need they also likely share differences that Valverde himself may not agree with that he agreed with Robert.

Abidal played in the modern era of Football and played alongside with a number of players in the squad such as Messi, Pique, Busi and technically even Roberto as well. Abidal has a lot of clout and respect within the team and he had the pleasure of playing under the likes of Pep and we know how that went.

Valverde wanted a CB, so we got him Lenglet, it was pretty obvious he wanted Willian as well but the price alone was way too big especially considering how inconsistent and old he was. So they went and got him a very talented and much younger player in Malcom only for him to come out and say "He wasn't my signing etc". He was pissed that Paulinho left, so we got him a better replacement in him with Vidal.

So Malcom gets thrown into the wilderness and only seen 25 minutes of game time and you have Vidal isn't being utilized much either. And you have rumors Valverde keeps begging for an LB despite Abidal, Segura etc telling him to trust the B team.

While it's true Abidal has to work with Valverde, but at the same time Valverde shouldn't piss the sporting Department off with some of his statements and other stuff.

khaled_a_d

Abidal played in the modern era of Football and played alongside with a number of players in the squad such as Messi, Pique, Busi and technically even Roberto as well. Abidal has a lot of clout and respect within the team and he had the pleasure of playing under the likes of Pep and we know how that went.

Valverde wanted a CB, so we got him Lenglet, it was pretty obvious he wanted Willian as well but the price alone was way too big especially considering how inconsistent and old he was. So they went and got him a very talented and much younger player in Malcom only for him to come out and say "He wasn't my signing etc". He was pissed that Paulinho left, so we got him a better replacement in him with Vidal.

Not sure with the way you phrase things here, Abidal has ton to blame tbh just like EV
He completed the CB that was previously agreed (same with Arthur) but after that Abidal didn't really do a good job planning the squad or working with the manager either.
Vidal being superior player to Paulinho is very arguable, but they are different players.

Same with Willian and Malcom, Abidal has done the deal from the long term and price pov, can't blame him on that. But he isn't an alternative to Willian, that is narrow narrative and I would be worried if this is the way Abidal considered it, they are totally different players and Willian would have got EV something different to work with tactically, unlike Malcom who will have his struggles with Dembele, sure he could get on the bench over Denis but the problem with persist with him.

The manager telling him to sign a LB after Digne leaving and him ignoring it was idiotic to say at least, especially from someone close to the club, someone who knows that it has been decades since a defender younger than 21 made it to 1st team. EV made it clear than Miranda isn't his 1st option for Alba's back up. And now the club will have to look for a new LB in January

Abidal himsel should have seen the decline we had in the team and be prepared for it, I am not sure him playing with many of the older guards is good thing either, it could influence his decision while we need someone more ruthless dealing with the senior players.

At the end Abidal is more or less EV boss, and it is understandable if he isn't his biggest supporter considering EV wasn't his choice and he is doing awfully atm. But at this rate Abidal won't last longer than Robert did

This board chose Tito, Tata, and Lucho, all of whom are infinitely better managers than this joke of a manager.

What exactly makes you think EV is worse manager than Tata? the later had probably a better squad , played worse football, ignored La Masia, won nothing. There isn't a single thing you can take on EV that you can't say Tata wasn't as bad or even worse.

Home of Barca Fans