Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

Valverde only lost 3 games in 72 league games.

5-4 to Levante

2-1 to Leganes

4-3 to Betis

His record against Madrid this season 10-1 in 4 games. Three wins one draw.

Impressive result but I would say "Barcelona only lost 3 games in 72 league games." NOT Valverde, Valverde is a small part of the equation. The equation in order of importance: Messi+10 players+Valverde= Results.

The next 2 weeks will decide the fate of EV. Next year CL will be more difficult for us Messi a year older, Suarez along with other seniors will decline even more, youngsters/new signings might take some time to adjust knowing that EV isn't the best coach to work with youngsters. PSG and City will spend big to make up for their failures, Real is back with Zidane voodoo witchcraft and 500m to spend. Liverpool getting closer and closer to win the CL.

Like Elves song, It's now or never!

hamoon32

Why are people sucking his dick already? Winning league in a season where your rivals are utter shit is nothing special. The Liverpool tie will make it clear whether he is competent or not.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why are people sucking his dick already? Winning league in a season where your rivals are utter shit is nothing special. The Liverpool tie will make it clear whether he is competent or not.

According to many Valverde would have had a successful season if he made it to half final CL + doblete

BBZ8800

Winning league in a season where your rivals are utter shit is nothing special.

Would you say that our opponents during Pep were stronger?

La Liga:
Pep: Real strong, Atletico non existent
EV: good Real and Atletico

Champions league:
Pep: strong opponents: Real, Man Utd, Bayern, Chelsea, Inter
Non existent or almost non-existent: Atletico, Psg, Juventus, City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Roma.

Strong opponents during EV: Real, Atletico, Juve, Bayern, Psg, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Roma.

I mean, in 2009 and 2011, Pep faced Lyon, Arsenal and Shakhtar in 3 out 6 knockout rounds before a final.
Mighty Shakhtar and the biggest loosers in Europe, Arsenal.
And Lyon, not so rich club from a farmer's league even before Quatari money.

Last edited:

MagIX

Only winning the triplete means being a good coach ? how many good coaches are there in the world then ?
Statistically you'll always be on the right side and you will always be right to criticize if you thing so, winning the triplete is almost impossible, it's the exception.
I think liga and copa (maybe) and 1/2 final CL is very good (result that however is absolutely NOT easy to achieve)
CL's a competition where luck/bad luck, injuries, the shape of the moment,..have a decisive role, not necessarily the best wins.
Embarassing exits in CL ? that's true. Under Vilanova (vs Bayern 0-7 with Messi Iniesta Xavi ), under Lucho (+ embarassing lost vs PSG even though we qualified) and under Valverde (schocking! 3-0).
We are not playing in a maginficant way ? true, but we're not playing sooooo badly and we have played well several times. It's a very hot topic, and there would be much to argue, but I don't want to do it. Obviously winning by playing spectacularly well would be the best: but honestly this season I do not give a shit about that, FOR THE PRESENT SEASON I DO NOT GIVE ABSOLUTELY A SHIT !!! about playing magnificent, i simply want to win the CL! End of story.

Last edited:

Messi983

How easy people forget that in August 2017 after Neymar left and Madrid crushed us in both Supercopa games many expected we would lose the league by December and finish 20 points behind Madrid. Then it was almost the opposite and we were one game away from being unbeaten in La Liga. But all people can remember from the past two seasons is one bad night in Rome.

vlad

You can say also winning 2 CL in 4 years with the probably best squad ever in football under pep, is nothing special considering what zidane did. Legaue also, only rival was real while atletico was mid table club, nothing impressive there.

Valverde doesnt have magic trio + young messi, i would say its more impressive winning legaue now then during pep period

Messi983

We are not playing in a maginficant way ? true, but we're not playing sooooo badly and we have played well several times. It's a very hot topic, and there would be much to argue, but I don't want to do it. Obviously winning by playing spectacularly well would be the best: but honestly this season I do not give a shit about that, FOR THE PRESENT SEASON I DO NOT GIVE ABSOLUTELY A SHIT !!! about playing magnificent, i simply want to win the CL! End of story.

What does playing spectacularly well even mean?

Is Betis playing spectacularly because they have 70% possesion in most games but they have troubles to create and even more to score while on the other hand they are conceding a lot as well.

Or City? Do they play so spectacularly well they've conceded 3 goals at home against Tottenham to be out of the CL? :pep:

Agree with your post in general though I don't actually give that much importance to the CL and on the other hand I like CDR quite a lot.

In most people eyes it's probably CL>>>>>>>>>> La Liga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Copa but for me it's more like La Liga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CL>>>>>>Copa.

I'm happy every time we win La Liga so I will consider this season successfull no matter what happens but I would still like Valverde to prove haters wrong and win the treble so maybe people would finally stop with stupid and mostly childish name calling. At least until next season starts and they'll complain again when he'll play Raki ahead of the new fan favourite Frenkie. :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
I think overall La Liga has actually become more competitive than say a decade ago. Also the way some teams decide to play against us now plus the fact we have aging squad. No need to downplay winning La Liga.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not doblete. Liga+CL semis without an embarrasing exit. At this point, this is not secured. But when it is, I'll give him credit.

Adding the ‘without an embarrassing exit’ condition to me just sounds like an excuse to provide people leeway to @&€” on Valverde either way. What to you might be an embarrassing exit might not be to others.

Home of Barca Fans