Results 11,521 to 11,532 of 11532

Thread: Retardo

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    If La Masia is so low, why is Alena so good? Also people say Puig apparently has even higher ceiling than Alena?

People wanted Malcom for Dembele for a week maybe, but mostly it was over Suarez, Coutinho.

How many times we played against a top opponent? He usually underestimates teams like Levante, Betis, fields Messi at his home and we get smashed.

Paulinho, Vidal would fit into literally any team, endless stamina, strong, good headers, talkative, there is nothing to "integrate", there are system players, and there are players like Vidal.

Lucho being bad doesn't excuse EV from being worse.

Main thing in the end to posts like this, where would we be without Messi? Especially last season? Top 4? top 10? Would EV survive even 3 months here?
    We used to have a slightly longer list of ‘talents’ that should start to get integrated according to forum. But that list quickly was dumbed down to just Aleña and Puig I think right after Copa del Rey first round.

Regarding Dembele, thats my point, the fickleness of the forum. Some were looking for options to sell him.

Regarding Paulinho and Vidal, easy to say in hindsight. Integrations couldve completely gone wrong under a different coach. And I am addressing general sentiment here, not your personal opinion. Paulinho was set for failure by many and some(not as much) didnt see the purpose of getting Vidal early in the season.

In terms of making new players useful that are bought the club, Valverde is better.

Top opponents: Juventus, Spurs, Chelsea, Sevilla, Atletico, Real over two seasons. We didnt lose a single leg since the supercopa games.

Losing messi will be a big hit for the club, but the same for any other club that would lose a player that is deemed the best. Look at Real and Ronaldo. And Messidepencia has been a problem in the making long before VV. Anyways, we did well this season during Messis absence.

1.5 year ago Barca was doomed to end because of crisis and would get worse if we didnt get rid of Barto. Fast forward and we aint doing bad.
    Last edited by Horatio; Today at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Setien coaching Barcelona beats the shit out of a Betis managed by Valverde. That's for sure.
    What a ridiculous hypothetical situation

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    What a ridiculous hypothetical situation
    Why is it ridiculous?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it ridiculous?
    Because it's completely hypothetical of course. As far as I know, EV hasn't been at Betis, and Setien will never be Barça coach either.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's completely hypothetical of course. As far as I know, EV hasn't been at Betis, and Setien will never be Barça coach either.
    Most comparisons are hypothetical.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most comparisons are hypothetical.
    Nonsense.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nonsense.
    Really? Do you think there's a non-hypothetical way to compare Valverde with Setien and arrive at the conclusion that Valverde is better? I'd like to hear it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Do you think there's a non-hypothetical way to compare Valverde with Setien and arrive at the conclusion that Valverde is better? I'd like to hear it.
    As I said, there's no point in comparing them in clubs they have never coached, which is why why should be compared now. Setien won the first bout, EV learned from it and humbled him in the second. Pretty simple, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dont need to compare them, because EV is our coach, and he does damn good job. When he doesnt you can talk about alternatives. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said, there's no point in comparing them in clubs they have never coached, which is why why should be compared now. Setien won the first bout, EV learned from it and humbled him in the second. Pretty simple, really.
    Far from simple. Barcelona managed by Valverde schooled Betis managed by Setien. This doesn't translate to some sort of superiority of Valverde over Setien in terms of management skills.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Havesaks View Post
    We dont need to compare them, because EV is our coach, and he does damn good job. When he doesnt you can talk about alternatives. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
    How can we know he does "damn" good job? After all this Barcelona won the double coached by Jordi Roura playing even better football!

When we do an assessment it's against a set of standards, isn't it? What're your criteria for a successful manager and leader of Barcelona?
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought EV subs were good this time. Arthur had some brain farts and needed to be pulled. That kind of thing will allow Arthur to work harder (that's his character) and make improvements. I commend EV on that one.