Ernesto Valverde - V1

Messigician

Good boy...my post made as an immediate effect.

tenor.gif

I did not pay attention to the post because everyone knows i will provide fair criticism when the coach screws up. I criticized EV for throwing the cup against Girona and I criticized him for the Roma game and for throwing the undefested season by playing Mina.

Other than that i recognize the multitude of positives he has bought to the team because do not forget under Lucho Rakitic, Alba, Iniesta and Pique looked finished in that last season until EV came along to bring the best out of the seniors while successfully intergrating youngsters like Dembele and Arthur

George_Costanza

I did not pay attention to the post because everyone knows i will provide fair criticism when the coach screws up. I criticized EV for throwing the cup against Girona and I criticized him for the Roma game and for throwing the undefested season by playing Mina.

Other than that i recognize the multitude of positives he has bought to the team because do not forget under Lucho Rakitic, Alba, Iniesta and Pique looked finished in that last season until EV came along to bring the best out of the seniors while successfully intergrating youngsters like Dembele and Arthur

Strong join date to post content ratio

Horatio

You're welcome
Another GOAT post this time by Messimagician. And the same goes for the other members of our order: It’s not so much that we are pro-Valverde, we just refuse to join the hate bandwagon as we see there are multitude of things he does well.

I remember last season people opted x coach over Valverde and supposedly we missed the boat on them, all those coaches cracked with their current team over time. Probably not a coincidence I dont see alternative coach names being brought up anymore.

Same goes for youth integration. People were vehemently complaing about that last season. Those complaints also stopped since most probably realized La Masia level is lower than they expected.

Or when people actually wanted to see Malcom being fielded in lieu of Dembele for a brief period. Luckily our coach wasn’t as fickle as this forum.

How about all of the countless times we should have been crushed by a certain opponent? Never happened. Man has one of the best track records against top-flight teams.

Then there are people that actually believe Barca can train themselves and dont need a coach.

Supposedly a bad peoples manager, yet most players seem revived and new acquisitions integrate well(even Paulinho, Vidal. Two players that some of us werent sure of why they were gotten), players praise and mention coach when they dont have to.
Please recall Lucho and his acquisitions and how many of them failed.

People forget our list of issues was much longer not too long ago, and those issues are being addressed one by one. It’s a process. Let’s be patient. People also will rarely concede about being proven wrong, in the hopes what they said will just be forgotten if we dont bring it up for long enough of a time lol.

Main thing I have learned during my time here on the forum: Arm-chair coaches think they know better but almost always turn out wrong in the end.

Last edited:

clemente

Another GOAT post this time by Messimagician. And the same goes for the other members of our order: It’s not so much that we are pro-Valverde, we just refuse to join the hate bandwagon as we see there are multitude of things he does well.

I remember last season people opted x coach over Valverde and supposedly we missed the boat on them, all those coaches cracked with their current team over time. Probably not a coincidence I dont see alternative coach names being brought up anymore.

Same goes for youth integration. People were vehemently complaing about that last season. Those complaints also stopped since most probably realized La Masia level is lower than they expected.

Or when people actually wanted to see Malcom being fielded in lieu of Dembele for a brief period. Luckily our coach wasn’t as fickle as this forum.

How about all of the countless times we should have been crushed by a certain opponent? Never happened. Man has one of the best track records against top-flight teams.

Then there are people that actually believe Barca can train themselves and dont need a coach.

Supposedly a bad peoples manager, yet most players seem revived and new acquisitions integrate well(even Paulinho, Vidal. Two players that some of us werent sure of why they were gotten), players praise and mention coach when they dont have to.
Please recall Lucho and his acquisitions and how many of them failed.

People forget our list of issues was much longer not too long ago, and those issues are being addressed one by one. It’s a process. Let’s be patient. People also will rarely concede about being proven wrong, in the hopes what they said will just be forgotten if we dont bring it up for long enough of a time lol.

Main thing I have learned during my time here on the forum: Arm-chair coaches think they know better but almost always turn out wrong in the end.

If La Masia is so low, why is Alena so good? Also people say Puig apparently has even higher ceiling than Alena?

People wanted Malcom for Dembele for a week maybe, but mostly it was over Suarez, Coutinho.

How many times we played against a top opponent? He usually underestimates teams like Levante, Betis, fields Messi at his home and we get smashed.

Paulinho, Vidal would fit into literally any team, endless stamina, strong, good headers, talkative, there is nothing to "integrate", there are system players, and there are players like Vidal.

Lucho being bad doesn't excuse EV from being worse.

Main thing in the end to posts like this, where would we be without Messi? Especially last season? Top 4? top 10? Would EV survive even 3 months here?

Trickykid

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; he's by no means perfect, but he definitely has his moments, such as last night, where he absolutely wiped the floor tactically with poor Setien. Hopefully he won't botch it against Man Utd (and hopefully he players won't let him down either).

The usual Barcaforum clowns will of course keep whining over his every move with their higher than thou hipster Cruyffista bullshit no matter what happens, but I suppose it's to be expected with a board admin fanning the flames through his pathetic thread name calling.

serghei

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; he's by no means perfect, but he definitely has his moments, such as last night, where he absolutely wiped the floor tactically with poor Setien. Hopefully he won't botch it against Man Utd (and hopefully he players won't let him down either).

The usual Barcaforum clowns will of course keep whining over his every move with their higher than thou hipster Cruyffista bullshit no matter what happens, but I suppose it's to be expected with a board admin fanning the flames through his pathetic thread name calling.

Would you say Setien wiped the floor with him in the first game? Betis could have scored 5-6 goals on Camp Nou.

Horatio

You're welcome
If La Masia is so low, why is Alena so good? Also people say Puig apparently has even higher ceiling than Alena?

People wanted Malcom for Dembele for a week maybe, but mostly it was over Suarez, Coutinho.

How many times we played against a top opponent? He usually underestimates teams like Levante, Betis, fields Messi at his home and we get smashed.

Paulinho, Vidal would fit into literally any team, endless stamina, strong, good headers, talkative, there is nothing to "integrate", there are system players, and there are players like Vidal.

Lucho being bad doesn't excuse EV from being worse.

Main thing in the end to posts like this, where would we be without Messi? Especially last season? Top 4? top 10? Would EV survive even 3 months here?

We used to have a slightly longer list of ‘talents’ that should start to get integrated according to forum. But that list quickly was dumbed down to just Aleña and Puig I think right after Copa del Rey first round.

Regarding Dembele, thats my point, the fickleness of the forum. Some were looking for options to sell him.

Regarding Paulinho and Vidal, easy to say in hindsight. Integrations couldve completely gone wrong under a different coach. And I am addressing general sentiment here, not your personal opinion. Paulinho was set for failure by many and some(not as much) didnt see the purpose of getting Vidal early in the season.

In terms of making new players useful that are bought the club, Valverde is better.

Top opponents: Juventus, Spurs, Chelsea, Sevilla, Atletico, Real over two seasons. We didnt lose a single leg since the supercopa games.

Losing messi will be a big hit for the club, but the same for any other club that would lose a player that is deemed the best. Look at Real and Ronaldo. And Messidepencia has been a problem in the making long before VV. Anyways, we did well this season during Messis absence.

1.5 year ago Barca was doomed to end because of crisis and would get worse if we didnt get rid of Barto. Fast forward and we aint doing bad.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans