Ernesto Valverde - V1

I was positive about things being changed but things are looking worse and worse each day. Ev staying, players allowed to stay when they are not good enough anymore, player power ruling, would not be surprised if we have the same team next year with Griezmann playing LW, Suarez still as ST and De Ligt and FDJ on the bench.

EV is not such a bad choice for Barca as you're overreacting. We're guaranteed to win a domestic double next season and the CL is just more luck based than any other competition. If Alba decided to shoot in that 4 vs 1 situation, we would have been through to the final and if Dembele scored that last chance he had, things could be different. The small moments matter. We're almost there. We reached the semi final this season. EV needs more players to fit in his system. Players like Griezzy and Willian would thrive in his pragmatic, counterattacking tactical setup, I'm sure of it. He just needs a little more upgrade to the current team, no more. I think we can compete next season for the treble.

You almost had me there and then you talked about Willian thriving and I knew you couldn't be serious. Good try though.:valverde:

serghei

If you look at the 2 teams in this years CL final, both teams allowed the manager to shape the team in their image. Barca currently have no image, we are relying on individual brilliance mainly from the GOAT which is why we keep fucking up in the CL

at Barca we have a clear lack of communication between board and manager. Barto obviously wants a puppet yes man who he leaves to sort out the mess we get ourselves into with recruiting.

take Malcom for example. we needed a LW and Valverde asked for Willian. the board allegedly bid but pulled out and got Malcom instead.. Malcom is a RW where we already have Messi/Dembele.. Willian would of been able to play at LW. the manager clearly didn't want Malcom. is Willian Barca quality? no but it was the order of the manager. if the manager is asking for mediocre oldies like that its probably a good idea to start looking for a manager who understands the size of this club

if you aren't going to trust and back the manager, whats the fucking point?

same thing with Coutinho. the board saw him as Iniestas replacement but clearly Valverde didn't, a huge lack of trust playing him in midfield. the result? we are gonna have to shift him at a huge loss

I'll get shit thrown at me for this and im not making excuses, EV is midtable at best but if we actually allowed him to buy the players he thought the team needed for his style of play*, imo there atleast wouldn't be situations like Malcom and Coutinho. this summer we will probably buy Griezmann and everyone (including me) will go beserk when we lineup with Griezmann-Suarez-Messi and maybe im giving Ernie too much credit but i can't believe hes THAT stupid to not see how bad Suarez is playing.

*I'm NOT saying we should, as we'd end up with Parejo and the like but that to me says hes not the right man for the job in the first place

we don't even have a manager at this point, Valverde will sit on the bench collecting his $$$ while the seniors do whatever they want. Barto is too scared to rock the boat by hiring the ruthless manager we need

True. First get the right manager, then integrate that manager in the transfer decisions. No way Klopp and Pep, or any other top manager doesn't have a big word in the transfers their club makes, since those players have to fit their plans.

The whole board - manager relation is fucked up at Barcelona.

Last edited:

Sorin

Hey guys, we should not call out flat earthers or anti vaxxers on their dumb ass opinions because they put "nuance" into their arguments.

The level of victimisation is off the charts. :lol:

clemente

EV is not such a bad choice for Barca as you're overreacting. We're guaranteed to win a domestic double next season and the CL is just more luck based than any other competition. If Alba decided to shoot in that 4 vs 1 situation, we would have been through to the final and if Dembele scored that last chance he had, things could be different. The small moments matter. We're almost there. We reached the semi final this season. EV needs more players to fit in his system. Players like Griezzy and Willian would thrive in his pragmatic, counterattacking tactical setup, I'm sure of it. He just needs a little more upgrade to the current team, no more. I think we can compete next season for the treble.

Do you understand that us not making to CL final isn't the problem? That's literally the LAST problem with this club. We are boring, the absolute opposite of Cryuff football and everything we believe in, there is no youth development, there is no fight for the spot in the lineup because the superstar seniors are immune to bench no matter the performances, the whole setup of the current barca house is a horrible influence for youngsters and the future. I gag everytime I think of the potential we have next season with the new players coming in, and then remembering who our coach is. I like to imagine Liverpool locker room at half time in semis, they were probably hyped jumping and screaming, and then our locker room, everyone is quiet, maybe Rakitic mumbles few words about family and his contract, EV doesn't know what to say while scratching his nose. I could go on and on forever.

El Guaje

Ifs and buts

If Loverpool actually burried their chances in the first leg (and they had plenty) we wouldnt have had a 3-0 lead at all in the 1st place.

Devils

Messi is going to give his first press conference in 4 years tomorrow and he is going to show support for EV.

SMHhhhhhh

abbbs97

well we're stuck with this idiot for at least another year.
If Messi and Co. are really supporting him, well, they deserve another CL humiliation then.

2021 cant come soon enough.

ryuken

Well the coach, the managements and players bring this fiasco onto themselves so dont even bother to believe what they say bout wanting to bring the cl trophy to Camp Nou cus obviously they dont give a si gle fuk

Home of Barca Fans