Ernesto Valverde - V1

Cule4life

The Culest
I see BBZ back to peddling his agenda of "the young players are bad, it's not my overlord Valgreen's fault"

Every manager who's half decent at developing players would bite your hand off for talents like Arthur and Dembele.

But like Bran, BBZ will win in the end cos nobody who gave a damn about the true soul of Barca (GOT) will be around for the Valgreen era.

serghei

BBZ is like 60% solid rational thoughts, followed by 40% of trash that make you forget the good parts of what he is saying.

What is he doing putting Dembele, Semedo in the same line with likes of Puig and Alena? 2 of those are highly rated talents, while the other two are promising youngsters.

Want to compare them with City equivalents? Dembele would be Sterling/Sane, Semedo would be somebody like Walker. Alena/Puig would be Foden.

Nobody is saying Pep would have success into turning players like Miranda and Abel Ruiz or Gumbau into starters or even bench players.

Lol. Arthur? Pep would turn him into the best midfielder in the world in 2 seasons max. What the fuck is his name even doing there with Puig? :lol:

Last edited:

Tackle

And this guy is supposed to be the artisan of the new Barca. :rofl1:

And how is exactly is any coach supposed to be an "artisan" with a 32 year old forever walking Messi, slow as shit Busquets and Rakitic, 32 year old sluggish Suarez, ego-maniac Alba, and the eternal brain fart master Pique?

These players cannot be benched without the manager losing the room. Valverde is anything but a coward. Simply put he is a pragmatist that fully understands the limits of the core he has inherited and is doing his best to assemble a winning team without upsetting the massive egos in the room that could have him sacked at a moment's notice.

He has done well in that regard and is one track to delivering a second consecutive domestic double. That is nothing short of a an incredible achievement that any other manager would be getting lauded for.

Ernesto does have his flaws like any other manager and he is limited in certain areas, but let's dispel this notion that he should be taking a brunt of the blame for the Rome and Liverpool collapses. He set the team up perfectly to take commanding 1st leg wins at home in both ties (something Lucho couldn't do in his last two seasons despite being equally as bad away from home). In the second legs contrary to popular belief he DID NOT park the bus or tell the players to play like washed up pieces of shit.

The players simply got smashed away from home in Europe like the've done regularly the past 8 years. That is simply the bane of this aging core. Tito had to deal with, as did Tata, Lucho and now EV. Pep with the golden era team in it's prime was still usually bad away from home in Europe and lost two CL semi-finals to vastly inferior teams. We've had this issue for ages.

But let's sack EV because you don't like the shape of his nose and he doesn't play Riqui Puig in the CL knockouts for a naive hipster that would be sacked in a matter of months.

serghei

Also, someone please explain BBZ that discovering and developing 4 potential starters in 3 years equals with almost half a team minus the keeper.

He makes it sound like it's easy-peasy :lol:. Discovering and developing 3 World Cup winners in 2 years from scratch is nothing. And yet Valverde can't even develop a proper beard.

Last edited:

serghei

Of course, BBZ can go full retard by claiming Valverde would've developed Busi, Pique and Pedro as well. He's great with young players, he just doesn't have the quality Pep had.

Yea :lol: And pigs fly.

serghei

[MENTION=23863]Tackle[/MENTION], just love it when you guys act as if managing the players (emphasis on managing, and manager, both derived from the verb 'to manage', which means to lead and to coordinate) is not a main responsability of the manager. What can Valverde do about Busi and Rakitic? How about not playing them together in every single important game? Guy is in love with Rakitic. For him he must be one of the best players in the world. So, when a dude like you comes along and defends Valverde while blaming Rakitic and also several other players who are basically Ernie's big favorites, you come across as a very illogical individual.

You can't blame the old guard, and at the same time approve the dude that keeps playing them at all costs. It doesn't make sense.

To manage means - To exert control over; regulate or limit toward a desired end. That's the dictionary definition of the term.

So how about we stop fucking acting as if the manager of Barcelona is a hopeless dude, who is forever a victim of things that happen around him, things he has no control over. That's just bullshit.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Again why should we give Valverde a break?

We have spent a lot of money on some good talents and somehow they are the problem while Valverde is the victim, are you serious? Man, we could give Valverde the 2008-2011 squads and he would still find a way to ruin that too.

I said it on the last page, he just isn't capable of developing high-quality talent. I expect him to fuck over De Jong next season once he comes.

Danic

And how is exactly is any coach supposed to be an "artisan" with a 32 year old forever walking Messi, slow as shit Busquets and Rakitic, 32 year old sluggish Suarez, ego-maniac Alba, and the eternal brain fart master Pique?

These players cannot be benched without the manager losing the room. Valverde is anything but a coward. Simply put he is a pragmatist that fully understands the limits of the core he has inherited and is doing his best to assemble a winning team without upsetting the massive egos in the room that could have him sacked at a moment's notice.

He has done well in that regard and is one track to delivering a second consecutive domestic double. That is nothing short of a an incredible achievement that any other manager would be getting lauded for.

Ernesto does have his flaws like any other manager and he is limited in certain areas, but let's dispel this notion that he should be taking a brunt of the blame for the Rome and Liverpool collapses. He set the team up perfectly to take commanding 1st leg wins at home in both ties (something Lucho couldn't do in his last two seasons despite being equally as bad away from home). In the second legs contrary to popular belief he DID NOT park the bus or tell the players to play like washed up pieces of shit.

The players simply got smashed away from home in Europe like the've done regularly the past 8 years. That is simply the bane of this aging core. Tito had to deal with, as did Tata, Lucho and now EV. Pep with the golden era team in it's prime was still usually bad away from home in Europe and lost two CL semi-finals to vastly inferior teams. We've had this issue for ages.

But let's sack EV because you don't like the shape of his nose and he doesn't play Riqui Puig in the CL knockouts for a naive hipster that would be sacked in a matter of months.

Dont forget that Liverpool was the better team in first game as well.

No one is blaming valverde for not playing puig un cl(dont think he is registred there...) but i do so for not playing him the last 2 unimportant games. It just shows me how scared this guy is after cl exit...
You can put an empty bottle next to the field instead of him. They both have the same expression.

We all want EV out, it's unanimous, but his potential successors are absolutely cringe worthy. People want a guy that has just been SACKED from Betis. If not him then Allegri that plays defensive football, just enough to win a league title but can't win a CL (remind you of anyone). If not him then Ten Haag who half of this forum had not even heard of 6 months ago and bottled twice as quick as we did. And then there is Sarri who would certainly not stand for and player power right? Kepa anybody?

I don't see any manager out there bar Pep, Klopp or POCH improving us significantly enough to the point we are satisfied.

abbbs97

We all want EV out, it's unanimous, but his potential successors are absolutely cringe worthy. People want a guy that has just been SACKED from Betis. If not him then Allegri that plays defensive football, just enough to win a league title but can't win a CL (remind you of anyone). If not him then Ten Haag who half of this forum had not even heard of 6 months ago and bottled twice as quick as we did. And then there is Sarri who would certainly not stand for and player power right? Kepa anybody?

I don't see any manager out there bar Pep, Klopp or POCH improving us significantly enough to the point we are satisfied.

Literally anyone would be an upgrade over EV. I'd take Setien or Sarri in a heartbeat. Ten Hag wont be available anyway this year, otherwise he would be everyone's number one choice.

I just cant stand another season with EV. Nope.

Literally anyone would be an upgrade over EV. I'd take Setien or Sarri in a heartbeat. Ten Hag wont be available anyway this year, otherwise he would be everyone's number one choice.

I just cant stand another season with EV. Nope.

Upgrade yes, but within 6 months, without a shadow of a doubt most Barca fans would be sick of either Setien or Sarri - they are just not elite, and you need an elite manager to win the CL, so at best - trophies wise they can only do as well. I hope the board are thinking let's wait throughout the summer and see if anyone better becomes available. To get a Pep or Poch will take weeks of negotiation.

abbbs97

Upgrade yes, but within 6 months, without a shadow of a doubt most Barca fans would be sick of either Setien or Sarri - they are just not elite, and you need an elite manager to win the CL, so at best - trophies wise they can only do as well. I hope the board are thinking let's wait throughout the summer and see if anyone better becomes available. To get a Pep or Poch will take weeks of negotiation.

How do you know they wont be a success here though? We will not be able to get world class managers like Pep, Poch and Klopp. Its not going to happen, not this year. So we might as well go with the second best options which is to get a manager who has the potential to do great here which for me is Setien. We might not win the CL but at least we'll be playing much better football than with EV and wont get to see the same old and slow midfield of Rakitic-Busquets-Vidal with Suarez upfront. I'd take that over EV, who does not guarantee us anything in terms of trophies.

M

Medz

I hope we dont get Sarri. Id take Setien over him easy. Both never won anything significant and play exciting football..but Setien doing it with Betis is much more impressive than with Napoli and Chelsea.

Home of Barca Fans