Ernesto Valverde - V1

BBZ8800

The thing is, next Barca coach, whenever Valverde leaves, will need to be a strong minded one and able to do a cleanup at our club. Some players currently have more authority in the squad than the coach and that shouldn't be the case. It has been proven today.

I seriously hope our board realises that. The more we wait, the worse the post-Messi era will be.

When you write this, knowing your opinion about players, you probably hope that a new coach will fire/bench let's say Rakitic and Suarez.

On the other hand:
1. why? If we are winning trophies? (Except a good old meh answer: Alena and Puig need to play)
2. further, if you bench/sell Rakitic and Suarez, then you need to do the same with Messi, Busquets and Pique.

Or, without Messi, imagine a team without Rakitic, Suarez, Busquets and Pique.
Again, you and people will reply: but we need a transition, we need to turn the page.
Fine.
I would agree with you if we would have players who are equal or close to these players.

But then, benching thee guys so that we would play Frenkie-Arthur-Puig/Alena and similar, sounds just like a crazy idea from fans.
Not to mention that we would probably lose trophies and in 2 years, Alena and Puig will turn meh and we will just buy new players and start the same process again, with some new players.

In short: a new coach should turn the page only if young players will be ready to lead a team to titles.
Malcom, Dembele (alone), Alena, Puig and others are not on that level currently.
And Frenkie hasn't played a minuted here yet.

Dembele is good 30% of times, injured and rusty 30% of times and a total shit other 30% of matches.
Malcom is a good sub who disappears after 10 minutes.
Alena ranging from a turnover machine and being very raw to ok performances.
Puig? Well, who is Puig, more or less?

So, imagine if you were hired as a coach this summer.
Which clean up would you make in this moment?

Remember, you have a team who is on a verge of winning 5 titles out of the 6 titles in the last 2 years?
Do you think that Malcom, Alena and Puig are worth of all that cleanup?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I love the way everyone in the forum is shitting it for Liverpool, acting like they are an all time great side, Barca are a team of bums.

Barca shouldn’t even bother playing, just give the game to Liverpool. After all the team is crap and the manager even worse.

serghei

I love the way everyone in the forum is shitting it for Liverpool, acting like they are an all time great side, Barca are a team of bums.

Barca shouldn’t even bother playing, just give the game to Liverpool. After all the team is crap and the manager even worse.

I don't like the jest-fest for Liverpool either.

This is fucking Camp Nou, where we are unbeaten in 6 years in CL.

Ustari

Mou, res!

Lol I never afraid of any team

MagIX

Dembele is good 30% of times, injured and rusty 30% of times and a total shit other 30% of matches.

Exactly + we have the 160mio wonder boy Coutinho....no comment... 300mio very well spent !
300 millions (!!!!) that should have made us a huge qualitative leap, that were supposed to massively reinforce us...
- Neymar and + 300mio of practically nothing....
:thinking::thinking::wacko::wacko::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

pepi

Those two would score like crazy under Guardiola. Or any other manager. It just happened they became shit when they came here ?

George_Costanza

Exactly + we have the 160mio wonder boy Coutinho....no comment... 300mio very well spent !
300 millions (!!!!) that should have made us a huge qualitative leap, that were supposed to massively reinforce us...
- Neymar and + 300mio of practically nothing....
:thinking::thinking::wacko::wacko::facepalm::facepalm:

So you are saying they are top WC players, but why they are good only 30% of times? Those two players played so well in their previous clubs under multiple different managers, but now even Denis can look better than Coutinho for example. Why?

KingLeo10

Unreal shitting of bricks for Liverpool by some in this forum. They're nowhere near the quality of Barca 2011, Barca 2015, Madrid 2017, Bayern 2013, or Madrid 2014.

MagIX

So you are saying they are top WC players, but why they are good only 30% of times? Those two players played so well in their previous clubs under multiple different managers, but now even Denis can look better than Coutinho for example. Why?

Obviously because of Valverde, what a question ! It's clear and abvious that with any other coach we'd play spectacularly and magnificently (Barca Pep level other better), Dembele would look like Pele, Coutinho like Iniesta and we would play with Suarez Messi Dembele Coutinho in front, scoring 6-7 goals every match and conceding nothing.

George_Costanza

Unreal shitting of bricks for Liverpool by some in this forum. They're nowhere near the quality of Barca 2011, Barca 2015, Madrid 2017, Bayern 2013, or Madrid 2014.

True, but this Barca minus Messi = Alaves or Real Sociedad. Stop Messi and we will have Liverpool playing Alaves.

George_Costanza

Obviously because of Valverde, what a question ! It's clear and abvious that with any other coach we'd play spectacularly and magnificently (Barca Pep level other better), Dembele would look like Pele, Coutinho like Iniesta and we would play with Suarez Messi Dembele Coutinho in front, scoring 6-7 goals every match and conceding nothing.

Sarcastic tone? so you don't have an answer. That's ok, it's much better than posting some bullshit answers backed with some bullshit statistics.

serghei

The atmosphere around here is not worthy of FC Barcelona. Come on folks, let's get it together here. Camp Nou is a fucking fortress of European football. Act like it.

Who is Liverpool compared to us? We're the Spanish Champions in 8 of the last 11 years, and they haven't won a league in 30 years. We slapped around the 3 time CL winners Madrid like they were nothing in recent years. Grow a pair and play Liverpool off the park.

Feck it, I think it's 55-45 for Liverpool in this tie but the atmosphere here is sickening.

Get it done, beat them on Camp Nou I don't care the score, even 5-4, and go in England to give everything for the final.

Last edited:

MagIX

Sarcastic tone? so you don't have an answer. That's ok, it's much better than posting some bullshit answers backed with some bullshit statistics.

Sarcastic ? a lot of users think so.

Which answer can i say ? as soon as someone writes something for EV is a EV fanboy , or against him is a EV hater, and insults on either side.
For me it's not all Ev's fault, he has merits and demerits.
For me Dembele has proven nothing with Rennes and Dortmung to justify his price and his reputation as a wonder boy. For me Coutinho is overrated. For me both have been punic buys. For me till now both are absolutely below expectations.
EV's fault ? ok, it could be, not for me, but everyone has their own opinions.

George_Costanza

The atmosphere around here is not worthy of FC Barcelona. Come on folks, let's get it together here. Camp Nou is a fucking fortress of European football. Act like it.

Who is Liverpool compared to us? We're the Spanish Champions in 8 of the last 11 years, and they haven't won a league in 30 years. We slapped around the 3 time CL winners Madrid like they were nothing in recent years. Grow a pair and play Liverpool off the park.

Feck it, I think it's 55-45 for Liverpool in this tie but the atmosphere here is sickening.

Get it done, beat them on Camp Nou I don't care the score, even 5-4, and go in England to give everything for the final.

After this oscar worthy motivation post you end up saying "Feck it, I think it's 55-45 for Liverpool"

George-Costanza-OMG-Facepalm.gif

Home of Barca Fans