Ernesto Valverde - V1

Leo_Messi

As expected and wrote about it a few weeks ago in this very thread.

As usual I prefer to look at events in a positive light although I am not pleased about this decision before we even know how this season ends.

At least it should give him a bit of job security (although he can still easily be gone at the end of the season) and added motivation to do what he needs to do. It did not seem to me that the club had any serious replacements in store for him that would be a guarantee of something better this upcoming summer. Hopefully the club will hire a top manager in 2020 if Valverde survives his tenure. More of such caliber of managers should be available and they all should find the challenge of a post-Messi (or semi-post Messi) Barça extremely attractive.

:facepalm:

More LSD to Barca board's office, please.

Not a fan of Valverde at all but what can you do? All the seniors want him to continue for obvious reasons and so do the board. There are not really any top managers available currently. The managers that might be available are no guarantee of success and of a similar level to Valverde. Most of them do not speak a word of Spanish and have zero experience in Spain. All major drawbacks for our board and most of our players who do not understand nor speak English.

Last edited:

shadows

That must be some good weed they got there.... Another regular day in the office for the board i guess.. keep rewarding...it aint my money so who cares :bartomeu:

So more mediocrity and more shit on a stick football next season as well.. I wonder what their plan is on bringing new fans in with this boring shit...

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

You can't go to the most important part of the season with such uncertainty. The renewal is more of a boost for both the coach and the players.
If he fails he will likely get fired with small compensation.
Also, if the board actually think highly of him, you don't wait till April to ask him for renewal, tbh I don't remember that happening at all.

I do see the positives that was just my initial response... this guy needs all the support he can get and SURELY we won’t have another Roma episode so let’s see how it plays out.

clemente

WHAT? Fuck this shit, hope we win nothing this season and Mardid wins a treble, and if he doesn't get a sack for that I'll just stick to highlights next season.

Leo_Messi

Great fan wants a future for the team
[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] is spot on. No sane fan would ever want us to lose every single trophy that we are currently fighting for (league, CdR and CL) let alone want our greatest rival to win their first triplete in history, just to make a stupid point.

You do realize that it would be 1 billion times more ideal for us to actually win something and eventually part ways with Valverde than suffering from an institutional meltdown while watching our main rival win everything, right?

Embarrassing stuff and this is exactly the kind of attitude that make some of our fans a laughing stock. Mind you, I am as big a fan of Valverde as you are. The club's success should always have first priority regardless of who manages us in any given moment.

Last edited:

clemente

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]
You do realize that it would be 1 billion times more ideal for us to actually win something and eventually part ways with Valverde than suffering from an institutional meltdown while watching our main rival win everything, right?

You do realize that what you just said right here is literally not possible and makes absolutely no sense?

Leo_Messi

You do realize that what you just said right here is literally not possible and makes absolutely no sense?

No offense but I have almost only seen low quality posts from your part here on this forum.

What is impossible and what makes absolutely no sense? What are you blabbering about?

Valverde winning additional trophies before leaving, is impossible?:lol:

He is going to stay for 1 season more. Not 5. That is not even a given as he can end up being fired if he fails to win any trophies this season. That is what you are hoping for like the great fan that you are, as written by you. Not only that, that our main rivals win a triplete! I can only shake my head when reading such embarrassing nonsense from supposed fans.

You are making zero sense. Go drink some cold water.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

No offense but I have almost only seen low quality posts from your part here on this forum.

What is impossible and what makes absolutely no sense? What are you blabbering about?

He is going to stay for 1 season more. Not 5. That is not even a given as he can end up being fired if he fails to win any trophies this season. That is what you are hoping for like the great fan that you are, as written by you. Not only that, that our main rivals win a triplete! I can only shake my head when reading such embarrassing nonsense from supposed fans.

"Fans" who hope we win nothing aren't true fans... usually Internet Barca fans who support a top team in every country or started supporting us after 2009 lol

Although i'm not keen on Valverde I wish more than anything he could win every trophy possible then leave within a year or two... we're still in every competition so lets see how it plays out. Like you said he's renewed for one season, it's not long term.

clemente

You said "It would be ideal if he won something and then we part ways". What planet are you from? If he wins something, it will guarantee that he doesn't get the boot and will be here for another season. And he wouldn't just "leave" himself, you think he signed a contract extension just to "part ways" at the end of this season? How does this make sense to you?

"Fans" who hope we win nothing aren't true fans... usually Internet Barca fans who support a top team in every country or started supporting us after 2009 lol

Although i'm not keen on Valverde I wish more than anything he could win every trophy possible then leave within a year or two... we're still in every competition so lets see how it plays out. Like you said he's renewed for one season, it's not long term.

Those "Internet fans" are the majority of barca fans and the main reason the club can generate this revenue.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans