1y2Yvaa.gif

FCBfan22

I don't know is it really that hard to set this team up something like this:

lineup (2).jpg

When attacking:
lineup (4).jpg

When defending:
lineup (5).jpg

He hasn't done this once this season. Once.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
left side is a major defensive issue, especially against better opponents.
Could still work against most teams but we need a solution that will also allow us to play our best players against the best teams.

FCBfan22

left side is a major defensive issue, especially against better opponents.
Could still work against most teams but we need a solution that will also allow us to play our best players against the best teams.

In current Valverde's system, right side is an even bigger defensive issue with Pique/Roberto and no winger. Add to that the fact that we have no attack on the right side.

I would much rather have a defensive issue on the left than a right side that defensively completely depends on Pique's day to day interest in defending and football in general + a gaping hole in attack on the right.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
In current Valverde's system, right side is an even bigger defensive issue with Pique/Roberto and no winger. Add to that the fact that we have no attack on the right side.

I would much rather have a defensive issue on the left than a right side that defensively completely depends on Pique's day to day interest in defending and football in general + a gaping hole in attack on the right.

Agree somewhat, but we are much better defensively on the right when Semedo plays.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
But Semedo won't play in key fixtures. That's a fact (from what we have seen till now).

If he's not willing to play Semedo instead of bob then its highly unlikely that he's going to implement what you've suggested anyway.

Of course we would like to see some changes a better more fluid system but lets not hold our breath :lol:

FCBfan22

If he's not willing to play Semedo instead of bob then its highly unlikely that he's going to implement what you've suggested anyway.

Of course we would like to see some changes a better more fluid system but lets not hold our breath :lol:

Actually, I think that if we played Dembele on right, that would help massively our RB, regardless who it is. A RW who does at least some defensive work and is in position (unlike Leo) is massive defensive improvement of our right flank.

Leo_Messi

Looks like he will be set to continue next season as well according to Bartofeo. Provided that they come to an agreement with him in the not too distant future.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/ba...alverde-sera-entrenador-ano-que-viene-7248720

In the interview above (the 35 second long video) he says that Valverde did a great job last season, that this is also the case this season, that he is an intelligent manager that knows our DNA, the playing style of Barça and that he derigates the matches the way we (as in the club) would like him to do.:lol:

It's like taken straight out from a very bad parody show or soap opera. I should make a career path change and seek out to become the future president one day if this is the level required. ¡Madre mía!

I am yet to see or read an interview from Bartofeo where he adds something substantial to the table other than old empty words and repeating the same old useless mantras that every fool could repeat. Zero visions.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans