Ernesto Valverde - V1

clemente

Setien with mediocre squad had 77% possession against Real Madrid and literally kept them on the ropes the whole game, was beautiful to watch despite the late free kick pathetic wall.
EV with the best team in the world and 300m bench barely with a lot of luck scrapes 1-2 againt Levante.

Messi983

Betis have lost 0-3 at home against Levante.

I don't care about possesion, they have barely created any chances yesterday despite having that possesion.

clemente

Betis have lost 0-3 at home against Levante.

I don't care about possesion, they have barely created any chances yesterday despite having that possesion.

Yeah they lost their first game of the season after the summer break without even players like Lo Celso, you EV apologiststs have to try harder.

Messi983

Was 1st game for Levante too, after summer break without even players like Mayoral :whistle:

Yeah, and we've lost against them with our B team and defense with two inexperienced kids and Murillo who has played his first game for us.

That's obviously not important enough to mention though.

Joan

Didn't Valverde win 5-1 against the same Madrid but it didn't count because they were poor? 77%, 1 big chance, 1-2 > 50-60%, lots of big chances, 5-1? Yeah, lala land.

Messigician

Does EV know that he is playing boring football? I genuinely think he thinks he is playing attractive football, and no one is telling him he is boring. I don't see the Catalan media complaining about his style or at least not that much.

We should start a twitter hashtag telling him how boring his football is.

We scored the most goals out of ANY other club and you call that boring lmao

henias

Didn't Valverde win 5-1 against the same Madrid but it didn't count because they were poor? 77%, 1 big chance, 1-2 > 50-60%, lots of big chances, 5-1? Yeah, lala land.

Boring. Yawn.

When it comes to mental gymnastics you guys are second to none. :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Everyone who wants Setien, bother yourselves to look at Betis' stats and results. He is not the answer. Mediocre manager underachieving (results wise) with a very talented squad.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Everyone who wants Setien, bother yourselves to look at Betis' stats and results. He is not the answer. Mediocre manager underachieving (results wise) with a very talented squad.

Yeah. Betis have a bunch of good players and have invested a lot in their squad, but the results and football played so far is very underwhelming. If you look at their squad can you really say it's any worse than Sevilla's?

As far as I'm concerned Pablo Machin is a better manager than Setien, and one that's younger and shown himself to be willing to rock the boat by benching senior stalwarts for younger players that's performing better.

But I don't think I'd want him as a Barca manager yet either. But for me there's no doubt that the most talented manager in La Liga right now is Machin and not Setien or Marcelino.

He built that Girona team and made them play entertaining football and achieve good results in their first season in the top division last season and while Eusebio is doing decently well this season too, it's with more or less the same squad as last season.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I will add this.

Setien's teams might play football that is aesthetically pleasing to a lot of people and I understand that, but they're clueless in the final third and that's a big problem. He's also shown himself to be too stubborn and inflexible. And after that gesture by Busquets earlier this season I also have big doubts about him having the balls to drop players like him and Rakitic if they're underperforming. Too cozy with the players.

If Barca are to do the same crap again and go for a La Liga manager then I would take Pablo Machin over anyone else. He's just not a household name for many people as they don't watch Sevilla that much or followed what he did with Girona, and because there's an obsession with Setien because he's supposedly a Cruyffista and makes nice comments about Barca and how football should be played.

You need to be able to play good football and be effective and that's where Machin beats Setien hands down.

Home of Barca Fans