Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
All 5 CLs we won were under former stars. Cruyff, Rijkaard, Pep, Lucho.

Bartomeu take note.

Don't think there's anyone like that out there right now, unless the club takes a huge gamble. The likes of Xavi are not coming back to Barcelona until the current generation have all retired.

From some of his interviews it seems like he don't want to be the boss of players he played with and are good friends with.

Joan

Hiring Xavi as a headcoach wouldn't be brave, but stupid. Hasn't spent a day coaching. Nothing like Pep's case.

Leo_Messi

Acording to Corriere dello Sport the club is keeping an eye on him and nothing more. Like they probably do with 20+ managers. Some more closely than others. He is a talented and very offensive coach (fans of his former clubs praise him a lot for his offensive style) but he has proven almost nothing to warrant such an important coaching position. I can't see the board pick a non-local that lacks experience and authority even though Italians face few problems assimilating in Spain and vice versa if player x or manager y has the right profile.

I think that the replacement of Valverde will be a somewhat familiar face at the club. A former player. Either that or a consolidated and experienced coach from the outside. There have not been any solid rumors of any replacements so my guess is that the club is yet to figure out whether Valverde continues or not. Hopefully that will not be the case but I will give Valverde until the end of the season to prove the doubters wrong despite generally disliking how the team plays and where the team and club is going.

Personally I would like to see an experienced manager that plays offensive and attractive football and who has something to prove. Not a has-been. Who that could or should be is really hard to tell.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

What we have learned from the past:
1. Majority of our coaches are former Barca's players or Dutch coaches close to our style
2. Barca never hires flavor of the Month coaches who had 1 good season and who haven't won big trophies, like Jardim, Sari, Sampaoli
3. Barca is always leaned towards coaches who will try to play close to our style

All in all, I don't see too many names except a good old: Koeman, Cocu, Van Bommel, Gio or some random guys like Unzue, EV, Bteam coach etc.

khaled_a_d

1. Majority of our coaches are former Barca's players or Dutch coaches close to our style
2. Barca never hires flavor of the Month coaches who had 1 good season and who haven't won big trophies, like Jardim, Sari, Sampaoli
3. Barca is always leaned towards coaches who will try to play close to our style

All in all, I don't see too many names except a good old: Koeman, Cocu, Van Bommel, Gio or some random guys like Unzue, EV, Bteam coach etc.

Just another note: we really value coaches speaking Spanish.

God Serena

Promote Pimienta to first team coach :coffee:

serghei

I'd be surprised if the next manager is not Setien. Man speaks Spanish, is proven in La Liga already, knows our style and is a fan of it, and managed to outplay both Barca and Madrid on Camp Nou and Bernabeu with Betis and Las Palmas. He's got this in the bag.

George_Costanza

Pimienta is a young coach who won the UEFA Youth League so should be considered too, although I haven't watched any of Barca B matches this season, I heard good things about him.

Messigician

I'd be surprised if the next manager is not Setien. Man speaks Spanish, is proven in La Liga already, knows our style and is a fan of it, and managed to outplay both Barca and Madrid on Camp Nou and Bernabeu with Betis and Las Palmas. He's got this in the bag.

He never played for Barcelona though

Home of Barca Fans