Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This team right now is a black hole.

Yes some of our players are overrated and a couple are washed up, especially Pique who should just go to MLS already.

But you could put Hazard, Salah, Lewandowski, whoever you want in this team and they would be performing at 20-50% of their ability.

God Serena

He got a pass last season despite the Roma disaster because in La Liga he was at least able to grind out results. Scoring one and then desperately defending the lead. In that huge undefeated run we had very many draws, but that didn't matter.

Now though? We've got two points in our last three games and it's almost entirely on Valverde, but nothing is done.

If we want to salvage this season he absolutely must go, and it needs to be soon.

FCBfan22

Watching Chelski-Liverpool and I almost have tears in my eyes. Both of those two play beautiful football and meanwhile we are playing with 0 intensity, just passing the ball around.

GTFO. NOW.

BBZ8800

It doesn't. Which is why we have been wanting to see this board out for at least the past 3 seasons. We're not singling out Valverde on this. Everyone is aware the problems start right at the top.

Our players are overrated and shit, but other teams can play inferior players and somehow play better. :lol:

Time for this club to stop this Barca DNA or La Liga Manager BS.

Would rather hire a foreign manager that comes in with new ideas, plays progressive football and isn't afraid of dropping non-performing players.

One info: this is not a trait ONLY from the current board.
The same things was in papers always. In 2000, 2003, 2008 and today.

All boards/presidents/socios are always looking for Barca's DNA coach.
Barca is a proud club, which is a burden in moments like these, when we need evolving and turning a new page.

If you hire a no-Barca DNA coach and if he'll play let's say like Real under Zidane (mix of possession, direct, crosses):
1. a part of fans will whine right away with:
This is not Barca's football.
This is not why I fell in love with Barca.
This is not why I started to watch football.
And: results are good, but Barca is not about results, we are about fun/beautiful football.

So, if you get a coach who will play slightly different than "Barca's DNA", he will be attacked right away, even if he'll have results.

2. on the other hand, if he'll results will suffer AND he'll play differently than Barca's DNA, he will be dead before December.

Tata was forced to change his style because media and fans were angry with a different style.
When we had Van Gaal, media and fans attacked him for 100s of reasons: too many crosses, not interesting interviews, too many Dutch players etc.

So, whatever is different from our "classical Barca", people and media will whine.

Also, an interesting stat: in the last 20 years, 2 managers who stayed here the shortest were:
Antic, who was here only for 5 Months.
And Tata Martino, who was here for 1 season.

So, an interesting thing to consider:
1. we rarely hire coaches without Barca's DNA
2. and when we DO hire them, they are out in less than a year and they don't get 2nd chances :lol:

So, again, think twice:
1. about possible options
2. how many new players would a different coach with a different style need (financial investment in new players)?
3. and what would happen after 1 year if we would fire that new coach:
1) what would happen with his players (huge investment)
2) and how many new players would a 3rd coach need (even new financial investment)

When you sum it all, we will go for Unzue, a Bteam coach or Dutch former players.

Givenchy

he has about as much personality as a manikin, no charisma, horrible man management. we might aswell put a cardboard cutout of a manager on the touch line in the crouching position, atleast then we wouldn't see such retarded subs

watching Chelsea and what Sarri is doing.. Chelsea.. the OG bus parkers.. playing better football than Barca with the best player to ever play the game..

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], can you put it all together and say in 2-3 sentences what do you want?

You want a team like Real Madrid built both on skill and power? That can play different styles and don't have an identity in terms of what style they play? You think we should try to mimic Madrid in short?

Last edited:

Sorin

I always think that RM is the most ideal team for BBZ. :lol:

Don't know what he does here tbh. He clearly doesn't like anything that made us great in the past and hails teams like the current RM, past Chelsea teams, Bayern w/o Pep etc. Not to mention the absolute fanatic support of "FC Moving goal post" or "False narrative FC"

I think he is a deeply confused individual when it comes to which team to support.

Anyway, I digress, he is getting way too much attention from me when he doesn't deserve it.

xXKonan

Not a fan of both sides argument especially in this case.

Valverde hasn't built a good enough system with enough foundation on it to make the newer and younger players comfortable. His system basically throws all the Lucho Gala XI together + Dembele and Coutinho and hope they manage to get him the result. It's basically some Mou level bullshit without Valverde going apeshit on the media and the players themselves.

His personal coaching of younger players is pretty terrible by the looks of it. He starts Dembele, which is fine but the missing details which set him apart from the likes of Pep and Klopp are personal coaching. Dembele has a problem with losing balls which is expect for his age But I have not seen anything out of Valverde that shows him actaully helping him to correct it.

Valverde's plan is to play Dembele and hopes of playing him does the rest especially in such a terrible system. Developing players with that mindset plus throwing them on the bench or yanking them at HT is not going to get certain players to develop the right way.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], can you put it all together and say in 2-3 sentences what do you want?

You want a team like Real Madrid built both on skill and power? That can play different styles and don't have an identity in terms of what style they play? You think we should try to mimic Madrid in short?

Regarding our style, if Pep's style was 100% Barca, and if Rijkaard's was 80% Barca, then I would turn to something like 80% or 70%.
To move on from Pep's Barca and turn to slight more direct football, if you want evolve.

But I am not sure if fans want that.
You see these jokes about how I should support RM right away.

In that sense, I was talking about how we can't hire a coach without Barca's DNA.
Because people will say right away: that's not our style.
People want Barca's style, zero changes.
They want our classic style and good results with that style in 2018 :lol:

Don't know what he does here tbh. He clearly doesn't like anything that made us great in the past and hails teams like the current RM, past Chelsea teams, Bayern w/o Pep etc. Not to mention the absolute fanatic support of "FC Moving goal post" or "False narrative FC"

I think he is a deeply confused individual when it comes to which team to support.

Anyway, I digress, he is getting way too much attention from me when he doesn't deserve it.

Another example of what would happen here with Klopp.
We would hear all the time:
That's not Barca.
That's not what made me fall in love with Barca.

So, guys, it's either Valverde or some new version of Valverde.
Forget about Klopps and similar.

mc_lovin

Regarding our style, if Pep's style was 100% Barca, and if Rijkaard's was 80% Barca, then I would turn to something like 80% or 70%.
To move on from Pep's Barca and turn to slight more direct football, if you want evolve.

You have some weird obsession with numbers ;D

Home of Barca Fans